Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern Herf

Default Southern Herf

That's right boys, we got us a small collection of members down in here below the Mason Dixon, so i figured we could herf it up. You got me and JoeBlow in Tupelo, WOXOF in Southaven, cigarsarge in Jackson, TN, kbitz in hattiesburg, and a newbie from Chattanooga. WOXOF informed me that he couldn't go far because the wife wouldn't allow it. pshh. so I'm thinking somewhere close to memphis. There's nothing to do in Tupelo. If anyone is interested, let me know. I would really like to meet some members on this board.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

2. Default

One of my best friends owns a cigar shop here in Jackson...I'm sure he would us herf there.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    That's right boys, we got us a small collection of members down in here below the Mason Dixon, so i figured we could herf it up. You got me and JoeBlow in Tupelo, WOXOF in Southaven, cigarsarge in Jackson, TN, kbitz in hattiesburg, and a newbie from Chattanooga. WOXOF informed me that he couldn't go far because the wife wouldn't allow it. pshh. so I'm thinking somewhere close to memphis. There's nothing to do in Tupelo. If anyone is interested, let me know. I would really like to meet some members on this board.
    Florida sounds good too.

Damn, why you gotta bust me out like that. I wear the pants in this family... really I do.

The Fox and Hound here will let you reserve a room that has pool tables, dart boards, and big screen TVs. I'm not sure of the cost but that's where I'll go to smoke when the weather sucks. I don't even think you would have to reserve a room unless a lot of folks are going to show up. There are also places on Beale that allow cigar smokin. I'm cool with Jackson, TN as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cls515 View Post
    Florida sounds good too.
    Atlanta would be a great spot if it were a true "Southern" herf. Or Chattanooga.

WOXOF and cigarsarge, please post links, if available, so we can scope it out. I like both ideas alot.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    Atlanta would be a great spot if it were a true "Southern" herf. Or Chattanooga.
    Oh shit, everybody hide the digital cameras if Shag is showing up.

I could probably make Chattanooga but ATL would be pushing it. I'll see what I can dig up in the next couple of days on possible locations around here.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Oh shit, everybody hide the digital cameras if Shag is showing up.

I could probably make Chattanooga but ATL would be pushing it. I'll see what I can dig up in the next couple of days on possible locations around here.
    Eshaw99, long time member, seldom ever posts, is in Chattanooga and Kayakinboy is in or near there are they make it sound like a pretty cigar friendly town. Perhaps they will show up and offer some suggestions.

Here's a link to the Fox and Hound. http://www.tentcorp.com/index.php

There are several locations around here including one in Southaven. There is also one in Chattanooga. I didn't see a location for Jackson, but if we do it there I like sarge's idea.

I like the Atlanta idea. Yeah, that's right, I live here. So what?

TampaSupremo
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

Guado and I are down in FL... I think that still qualifies as Southern.

I would be down for a trip to ATL.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Bump...

Anymore thoughts on the Hillbilly Herf.

Ya, I've been thinking about this and I'm down with whatever. Memphis, Jackson, Atlanta, Chattanooga so let's talk it out and decide on a place and time. Once we decide a place, we'll plan out the events for the evening.

Willing to make the Atlanta trip
    Me - Tampa Supremo - Loudpipes - possibly Guado - Shagaroo - Skinny Dan

Woxof, if it turns out we go to Atlanta or something, me, you, sarge, and joeblow should carpool. that would be an interesting ride.
    Last edited by chefchris; 01-26-2007 at 11:42 AM.

If it's Atl I would probably go along with one or two of my smoking buddies.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Man I would love to do something like this but realistically I could only go somewhere within driving distance.
    End of line.

I am definately down for ATL, but Chattanooga wouldn't be a horrendous drive either. Any cigar friendly places in Alabama? Birmingham, Montgomery?

How about the Big Easy
    End of line.

Woxof, if it turns out we go to Atlanta or something, me, you, sarge, and joeblow should carpool. that would be an interesting ride.
    Poor Sarge...

I have a 4 door Tacoma. My wife drives a Durango but there won't be any smokin in that. I wonder if we could get sarge to borrow a Crown Vic. We could throw you two knuckle heads in the back plastic seat after we spray it down with wd40.

19. Default

Got it solved...At this point I am isssued a four wheel drive Ford van that has seating for 10. It has storage under the seats to hold booze and cigars plus the seating is fiberglass so it would be easy to clean vomit ect...

It's basically a raid van...When we arrive at the herf I could fling open the back doors and everyone could leap out with cigars clinched between their teeth while screaming hut...hut... hut.

I call shotgun!

Thread Information