Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tequila!

Default Tequila!

Ok, let's weigh our opinions on cactus juice. What's your favorite?

Mine (in order of preference):

Shots/Neat:
    Patron Anejo
    Patron Reposado
    Patron Silver

Margaritas/Other:
    Jose Cuervo
    Mezcal

Not even if you threaten my cigars:
    Montezuma
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

I go for mezcal in my margs also, I like the "dusty" taste.

Straight? Hmm. Haven't had any straight in a while, but I'll give it a whirl tonight and update tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Drank a fifth of tequila, straight, by myself, when I was about 16yrs old.....was sick for three days.......the smell alone makes me want to puke to this day. My wife drinks margaritas once in awhile and always asks for Jose Cuervo.

Not a big fan of tequila, but I will buy Corazon anytime, it's very good.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Oh, man, I know what you mean. But I never learn. When I turned 30, a buddy and I killed almost a whole 1.75L. Surprisingly, we did not die. Then father's day a few years back, I did 750. Hungover like an MF, tried to go to work, slept for an hour at the toll road oasis, went to work, came home sick.
    But I'll still take a shot or 3. The good stuff doesn't smell like that, and it's smoooth.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Drank a fifth of tequila, straight, by myself, when I was about 16yrs old.....was sick for three days.......the smell alone makes me want to puke to this day. My wife drinks margaritas once in awhile and always asks for Jose Cuervo.

New Years Eve, at my place, we polished off one bottle of Patron Repasado, one bottle of Patron Silver, and one bottle of Jose Cuervo. The Patron was in shots, and the Cuervo was for the margaritas. The four of us were pretty buzzed.

Patron Anejo
    Patron Reposado
    Patron Silver in that order...

For some reason all the others never taste good.

I do want to try the Patron Platinum

420seth Guest

i like the stuff that smells good and tastes better. i have a few tight bottles. no need to name names, seems silly to me , like some sort of pissing contest. not my style.

Quote Originally Posted by 420seth View Post
    i like the stuff that smells good and tastes better. i have a few tight bottles. no need to name names, seems silly to me , like some sort of pissing contest. not my style.
    So you like stuff that smells good and tastes better?

Very constructive. Keep up the quality posts.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Well, first of all: All Tequila is Mezcal, but not all Mezcal is Tequila...

Secondly. Cuervo sucks.

Thirdly, those damn mexicans keep all the good stuff for themselves!!!

My personal favourite is Cazadores (any of them though the Añejo is smokier. The Reposado is the bomb. I hope to try a few additional decent local tequilas when I am down there in February for work. My favorite way of drinking it is sipping it straight up with a shot of pure lime juice on hand as well as a shot of sangrita to sip alternately as well.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Two of my favorites, at this point...

Casa Noble Anejo
    Don Julio 1942 (This is actually a GREAT price for this)

I love Anejo Tequila's. Nothing better than sipping a fine anejo tequila neat and smoking a cigar. I love to get it in a snifter glass and enjoy the aroma.

Monk - if you can find it, try the Cuervo Reserva de la Familia. It will change your opinion of Cuervo. I'm so-so on reposado, but I even like the Cuervo Tradicional neat.

As far as "mixable" tequila's (i.e. margarita's) - anything that costs less than $15 a bottle is good tequila for margarita's...

I'm sorry - but this post makes absolutely no sense...

So you like tequila that smells good and tastes better. I know I'm climbing out on a limb, here - but I kinda doubt you're going to find anyone here who will say that they like tequila's that smell good and tastes worse. But I guess ya never really know...

And I dont think it would be a "pissing contest" unless someone filled the bottle with urine. passed it around to sample and suggested everyone give their opinion.

Then again - maybe that's what you're used to?

Nice article I think I'm going to have to get some tequila now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post

So you like tequila that smells good and tastes better. I know I'm climbing out on a limb, here - but I kinda doubt you're going to find anyone here who will say that they like tequila's that smell good and tastes worse. But I guess ya never really know...

And I dont think it would be a "pissing contest" unless someone filled the bottle with urine. passed it around to sample and suggested everyone give their opinion.

I think that is what is was saying........I bet he eats yellow snow cones too.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

420seth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post

What I am saying is that, i only drink good tequila, just like I do not smoke shit cigars. naming the brands is sometimes a little lame. If I have a good bottle of tequila it is not around long enough for me to memorize some stupid name so I can brag about it and sound smart in some on line forum. I drink and smoke what I like, but trust me, it is only the good shit.

later..........................................

What I am saying is that, i only drink good tequila, just like I do not smoke shit cigars. naming the brands is sometimes a little lame. If I have a good bottle of tequila it is not around long enough for me to memorize some stupid name so I can brag about it and sound smart in some on line forum. I drink and smoke what I like, but trust me, it is only the good shit.

So - tell me - what's "good tequila"? I like "good tequila" and would be willing to try some on your recommendation (unless, of course, you're drinking Montezuma straight up )...

This post has great timing for me..... I am looking to buy a bottle of tequila for my brother (he loves tequila).... It's his Birthday soon and I was wondering what to get him.....

Seth.... you sound like you really know what you are talking about..... could you please post a few name brands that I might be able to purchase for him.... price is really not a restriction for me right now...... I am anxiously awaiting your reply.
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Blog Entries

I don't think it’s a pissing contest. It's people sharing information about what they like. That's what this message board is about. That’s what called contribution. However, if you don't want to contribute then my advise would be read more and post less. If you have something to contribute then please, post away. If you have nothing to add that is meaningful, for example, like this "i like the stuff that smells good and tastes better. i have a few tight bottles. no need to name names, seems silly to me , like some sort of pissing contest. not my style." which doesn’t add anything to the subject then don't hit the reply button and go read something else.

Lopaka

20. Default

Tequila Reserva 1800 Anejo

This is not to be confused with the similar bottled douchewatwer made by Cuervo.

420 you have been warned more than enough. You be on my "list" now.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information