Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: March Madness Pool

Default March Madness Pool

OFFICIAL CIGARSMOKERS POOL RULES:

- The “Buy-In” will be a minimum $15 worth of cigars, in any combination you choose, to be sent to the winner at the conclusion of the tournament.

Group ID #: 11202
    Group Name: Cigarsmokers
    password: cigarsmokers

- Winner is the one with the most points at the end!!
    Last edited by WhiteWidow; 03-02-2007 at 11:15 AM.
    End of line.

Smile

I'd be in......
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

I'd be in as well. Possibly 2-3 sticks per person though to make shipping worthwhile- unless it was a super-premium (20 dollars and up cigar)?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thumbs up

Super Premium sounds great!!!!
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

I'd be up for it
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Smile

Top of the day....I'm surprised there aren't more people interested, quickly. Great way to make the NCAA Chamionship interesting to watch. Very inexpensive to.
    ~ Mark Twain

I just posted the guidelines for the pool. Does anyone know exactly when it starts?

Come on CS, if everyone does this the winner is going to walk away with a huge package, and remember - its usually someone who knows nothing about the sport that wins these things!!!
    End of line.

Thumbs up

March 15-16. Are you ready for some Bball?????
    ~ Mark Twain

Does anyone know when exactly they are going to select the teams for the tourney?
    End of line.

10. Thumbs up

March 11th is selection Sunday.
    ~ Mark Twain

Is this for one team? Or, do you get points for every team you pick that wins in that round?
    Anyways, I'm in.

I'm ashamed to say I haven't watched one complete game this season though.

I don't really pay much attention to college basketball so I'm not sure about when they decide on the brakets. Does anyone know when that will be?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

According to Dickson Sunday March 11th is the date they decide who makes the tournament. Once they do that everybody needs to get a blank bracket and fill it out. Points are awarded as described above, and the one with the most points at the end wins!
    End of line.

So far we have Widow, Dickson, SLC, SkinnyDan, and myself. Anyone else?

I will play.

Blog Entries

I'm in.

17. Smile

Come on guys, gals. It's anybodies tournament!!!!! I never win...makes for an interesting March with all the B-ball gamesand teams I wind up routing for.
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Come on guys, gals. It's anybodies tournament!!!!! I never win...makes for an interesting March with all the B-ball gamesand teams I wind up routing for.
    He brings up a great point. In most cases, it is someone who knows absolutely nothing and just fills it out for the hell of it that wins these things. We're talkin' a humidor full of cigars here, too.
    End of line.

I wanna play

guys here is a suggestion. why don't we do it this way, so we can all see the progress online as it takes place

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/men

Thread Information