Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TampaCigarGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114 View Post
    I would call the shop and let them know what she did..... she technically stole your money using there name
    Not sure about this. I could be mistaken but it is my understanding that this was a private transaction and she was just using her shop as a pick up point, not representing that the shop was selling him the cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    does she owe an apology??.........yes
    should she lose her job over this??......absolutely NOT!!!

she's a single mom...ran into some problems.....yeah..go ahead...kick her while she's down....
    I agree with the first line, second line is a decision for her employer, but this last line is BS.
    It doesn't matter for shit if she is a single mom, or ran into some problems or any of that crap.
    At this point she is a thief, nothing less. No one should get chastised for pointing that out to anyone, certainly not someone she owes a fiduciary duty, namely her employer.
    Furthermore, this is the type of information that should be passed to an employer, especially in retail where shrinkage is one of, if not the most, problematic waste issues.
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 02-19-2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: changed theft to thief

I'm fairly new here, so I have to ask, has anyone else on the board had a bad exchange with TampaCigarGirl? She fucked up, but everyone does at some point. I'm curious to know if this has been resolved.
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."
    Ronald Reagan in a speech given to the Supreme Soviet, September 17, 1990

3. Default

she's a single mom...ran into some problems.....yeah..go ahead...kick her while she's down....

This was a personal transaction so her job is not really involved...But I have had some hard times and handled my business.

A simple explaination and a prompt follow through would have been in order. She recieved her end so she is obligated hard times or not...Single mom excuses don't hold much water with me. If you are unable to do business...Don't.

What's your word and good name worth...Much more than a few cigars.
    Last edited by cigarsarge; 02-19-2007 at 12:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SideWinder View Post
    I'm fairly new here, so I have to ask, has anyone else on the board had a bad exchange with TampaCigarGirl? She fucked up, but everyone does at some point. I'm curious to know if this has been resolved.
    To answer your second question highlighted in bold. The difference between up and mess up is this.

up is when you screw someone on the board, don't keep in contact with them, don't update them on anything, and sometimes don't log on for a while (if ever again) to avoid the heat that will come from other members.

Screw up or Mess up is when you screw the pooch, however, you keep in contact with the person that you have the transaction with, let them know what's going on, and try to make amends a.s.a.p. Most people understand and are very flexible.

Now, if you screw up many times and we see a trend...that can lead to you being a up.

However, every now and then...yes even the seasoned vets have a minor problem here and there, however they know what to do when they mess up...hence why we trust them.

Lopaka

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    To answer your second question highlighted in bold. The difference between up and mess up is this.

up is when you screw someone on the board, don't keep in contact with them, don't update them on anything, and sometimes don't log on for a while (if ever again) to avoid the heat that will come from other members.

Screw up or Mess up is when you screw the pooch, however, you keep in contact with the person that you have the transaction with, let them know what's going on, and try to make amends a.s.a.p. Most people understand and are very flexible.

Now, if you screw up many times and we see a trend...that can lead to you being a up.

However, every now and then...yes even the seasoned vets have a minor problem here and there, however they know what to do when they mess up...hence why we trust them.

Lopaka
    Yes, that is how I have observed mess ups/reparations on the board....just the way you described.
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."

Man, hope everything turns out ok in the end. Good luck.

bigsmoke Guest

So did the cigars arrive? Just curious.

She owes more than an apology.... she owes someone some money. At this point she is a thief

That is not my call..... IMO she got her employer involved the minute she had the money mailed there... whether she likes it or not she is a representative of the company... like nhcigarfan had mentioned, she has a fiduiciary duty to her company.... she seems to have dissapeared.... maybe she dissappeared from them too... she hasn't logged on since Jan 3, 2007.....

SO.... should drew just suck it up and accept it as a loss because she is a single Mom and ran into some problems ??
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Just an update. I got back from the mountains and the snow was absolutely amazing. I had a great time and got to spend some time with the family.

I got back today, checked my email and there was no tracking information. Also no package. School is really starting to pick up for me, so I guess I will give it a few days to see if anything comes in the mail. It might have been shipped out, but I just wasn't emailed the tracking.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Still sounds like she hasn't done squat. A mature adult would have sent you the information letting you know that your end was taking care off as soon as possible. I'm not as optimistic as you.
    Last edited by Cabaiguan Juan; 02-20-2007 at 06:57 AM.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

What a shame. I've done probably a dozen trades/buys with people on various boards and have never had a problem. Most people understand that when you accept a trade or money, you send what is owed (and most people in the cigar community send MORE than what's owed, to my experience).

I agree with previous posters. Hard times are irrelevant. Drew's not asking her to send ehr something from money out of her pocket. He sent her money for cigars. That's the only thing that money should have been used to buy.

I'm sure you may have already tried this, but I'll mention it anyway since sometimes people overlook the easiest way to get their money back (at least that's my experiance having worked at a bank for some time). Have you called to see if the Money Order has been cashed, and if it hasn't you may be able to cancel it (ie. lost or stolen). I'm sure its probably already been cashed but there's always a chance and sometimes the Money Order issuer may have other recourse even if it has been cashed (it doesn't hurt to ask). I would say to also have it traced and recorded to see where it went, but that really won't do much good unless you take legal action (which more than likely would not be worth doing since your outside the country and the cost of you attending a court hearing will far outway the reward...that is unless you just want to be on Judge Judy or People's Court).

Blog Entries

Where did she ever say that?

Or did she ask you to post that information for her? How would you have knowledge about her AFTER she disappeared from here on January 3rd?

Either way, she took someone's money and never sent the product for which someone paid for and that's pretty serious stuff and the bullshit excuses don't cut it here and wouldn't in a court of law either.

From CigarPass:
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 02-20-2007 at 03:26 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Where did she ever say that?

Or did she ask you to post that information for her? How would you have knowledge about her AFTER she disappeared from here on January 3rd?

Either way, she took someone's money and never sent the product for which someone paid for and that's pretty serious stuff and the bullshit excuses don't cut it here and wouldn't in a court of law either.

From CigarPass:
    CC, in the very first post of this thread Drew makes mention of TampaCigarGirl saying "..something about personal issues." I don't detect any hints of collusion in BPP's post. TampaCigarGirl has been a member for a while, perhaps her single parent status came up some other time. I hope everything works out to Drew's satisfaction.
    Last edited by SideWinder; 02-20-2007 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Clarification...

TCG mentioned several times in the chat room that she was a single mom. It is no big secret. She even provided links to photos of her son.

For an unmoderated board there sure do seem to be a lot of opinions as to what can and can't be posted lately.

16. Default

Ha I'll post whatever I deem fit to post. The only person who can say shit to me is HEX. I wear 13 EEEE I dont give a damn whos toes I step on LOL

Shelby when are you gonna post a video of you doing a burnout in that grannymobile you got LOLOLOL
    The older I get ,the better I was

It's in "storage" at the Shelby museum in Boulder for the winter. I'll probably be getting it out around the first week in April.

Burnouts are the least of my problems. I'd like to get a video of the damn thing actually hooking up!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Ha I'll post whatever I deem fit to post. The only person who can say shit to me is HEX. I wear 13 EEEE I dont give a damn whos toes I step on LOL

Shelby when are you gonna post a video of you doing a burnout in that grannymobile you got LOLOLOL

Grannymobile...oh jeezus, I'm dying over here
    Last edited by heftysmokes; 02-20-2007 at 06:34 PM. Reason: had to capitalize the "I"

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    That's why you're my hero!

I went back through the thread and no one ever said something could or could not be posted.

What was said was that the excuses offered don't mean shit, and they don't at this point. If she had properly communicated potential problems then I would presume no one here would even know about this issue.

Also, asking for information that supports a statement offering some kind of excuse for theft is fine. If your going to throw statements out here that divert the issue at hand at least back it up.

Bill asked Sid direct and appropriate questions. Just because he didn't answer it and other people did doesn't invalidate the question.

However, the answers given neither invalidate or negate the theft.

It is the theft which is the root issue here.

Thread Information