Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TampaCigarGirl

The root issue is the situation that is occuring here between TCG and Drew. At this point it may or may not be a "theft" and referring to it as such is premature. Drew is still working the issue. There has been a lot of opinion voiced here. Sid was right when he implied that the decision to hang TCG seems to have been made by this community before all of the circumstances are fully known.

Excuses and reasons are two different things. While I agree that there is no excuse for how TCG has handled this so far, perhaps there is a reason that will make it easier to understand. If she's reading this (which she very well may be doing under a guest login) I'd ask that she just bite the bullet and get in touch with Drew.

Make no mistake, I am on Drew's side here. He certainly needs to get the product he's paid for. TCG needs to come forward and explain herself to him. I am sure Drew will keep us all informed.

I think too think people are talking way too much. Drew....you know I am here if you need me.

You are correct, Shelby, that the root issue exists between TCG and drew, however you are incorrect that this issue is not theft

I am not sure you understand the legal definition of theft. It is the unauthorized taking or conversion of another's property.

In this situation, regardless of motive, intent or circumstance, we as a community only know what we have been told.

Specifically, that consideration (money or its equivalent, in this case I believe it was a MO) was delivered. The terms for delivery of the goods were unambiguous and graciously extended, yet delivery has not been made.

Initially this was simple a breach of an oral contract. However, once she stated she would again honor her agreement and then failed it became theft.

If you feel I am being premature, please contact the counsel of your choosing, adequately and accurately relay all facts as they are known, and then ask them when a breach of contract constitutes theft.

You are free to agree with anyone, or believe what you want about whether or not it is appropriate to "hang" TCG over this.

I, for one, believe more than enough is known about this transaction and her behavior, including but not limited to her failure to log on here yet her activity on other boards, to determine that she breached her agreement.

To that end, I also find her actions do constitute theft.

I do agree with you that there could be "reasons" for her actions or lack there of, however, her lack of communication here in light of her MSN and CP use negate those reason.

Guado - to be honest, I'm not sure what you meant. I will go on the premise that the first "think" should be deleted.

My response would be that discussion such as this is what discussions threads are for.

If TCG was a guy, he would be banned by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    The root issue is the situation that is occuring here between TCG and Drew. At this point it may or may not be a "theft" and referring to it as such is premature. Drew is still working the issue. There has been a lot of opinion voiced here. Sid was right when he implied that the decision to hang TCG seems to have been made by this community before all of the circumstances are fully known.

Excuses and reasons are two different things. While I agree that there is no excuse for how TCG has handled this so far, perhaps there is a reason that will make it easier to understand. If she's reading this (which she very well may be doing under a guest login) I'd ask that she just bite the bullet and get in touch with Drew.

Make no mistake, I am on Drew's side here. He certainly needs to get the product he's paid for. TCG needs to come forward and explain herself to him. I am sure Drew will keep us all informed.
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."
    Ronald Reagan in a speech given to the Supreme Soviet, September 17, 1990

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    I think too think people are talking way too much. Drew....you know I am here if you need me.
    Drew brought this up to the board...I think he wanted it discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Drew brought this up to the board...I think he wanted it discussed.
    Agreed because what I was doing earlier wasn't working. I didn't want the same thing to happen to somebody else because they didn't know.

On another note, I have had a few people asking me how much the deal is worth. The money order was for 240.41US.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

3 months 240 bucks later. Yeah, lets give her the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    3 months 240 bucks later. Yeah, lets give her the benefit of the doubt.

Damn - just realized that I've now joined the group of people who post replies with nothing but a smiley. I hate myself.

Quote Originally Posted by aceswired View Post
    Damn - just realized that I've now joined the group of people who post replies with nothing but a smiley. I hate myself.

Life happens, agreed. Not communicating said difficulties and working out a remedy for the situation is unacceptable. Saying you will fullfill your obligation multiple times and every time being yet another lie is horseshite! I would have already sought a remedy through the legal system had it been my $240.41.

Package has been shipped. I will update when it has arrived. Thank-you to everyone for your support and guidance.

edit...set to arrive Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    Life happens, agreed. Not communicating said difficulties and working out a remedy for the situation is unacceptable. Saying you will fullfill your obligation multiple times and every time being yet another lie is horseshite! I would have already sought a remedy through the legal system had it been my $240.41.
    I really can't see the legal system doing a thing for me over 240 dollars, especially with it being out of country.

Just scanned through this thread. IMO 1) TCG owes the board an apology 2) I'd vote for a 90 day ban 3) there's something of a caveat here - I'd feel better about doing a deal with a FOG than with B&M employee willing to jeapardize employer's business, unbeknownst to him; fixing the deal where said employee takes the entire hit should the deal go south is just a better, and more trustworthy policy.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Well, just looks like Al and Gabriel will be getting my business from now on.

16. Default

It appears, she's taken a step to make things right. I haven't re-read this thread but, has she stepped up and given some sort of an explanation. I understand she may be lurking and all the negative posts may be setting her back. The best thing for her is to step up acknowledge, a discretionary explanation and life goes on. At this time would I do business with her or her employer, I doubt it.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    It appears, she's taken a step to make things right. I haven't re-read this thread but, has she stepped up and given some sort of an explanation. I understand she may be lurking and all the negative posts may be setting her back. The best thing for her is to step up acknowledge, a discretionary explanation and life goes on. At this time would I do business with her or her employer, I doubt it.
    You must be mistaken Dickson. No explanation was ever presented to me.

I got the cigars today in great shape with a few extras.

Thank-you TCG for coming through.

Hey Drew, I'm glad you got your package.
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."
    Ronald Reagan in a speech given to the Supreme Soviet, September 17, 1990

19. Smile

It's to bad!!!!

Glad to hear you got your cigars Drew.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    TCG mentioned several times in the chat room that she was a single mom. It is no big secret. She even provided links to photos of her son.

For an unmoderated board there sure do seem to be a lot of opinions as to what can and can't be posted lately.
    Not everyone uses "chat." How would you expect someone (like me) who rarely uses chat to know these things?

She certainlly owes Drew an apology. I really don't give a hoot if she makes a public statement here or not, she's done in my book, I'd never trade with her or be involved in a pass or anything like that with her.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 02-22-2007 at 04:54 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information