Thread: I'm Drunk Again ...

Default I'm Drunk Again ...

So last nite after I made myself a quesadilla i went searching for a cigar before my girlfriend and I lay down to watch The Sopranos. I always joke with her and ask her what she wants. She always says she can't smoke a whole one. She likes the Sancho Panza Double Maduro, RP Vintage 1990, and the CT Exodus 1959. Pretty good taste if I don't say so myself. Anyways, she always takes a puff or two of mine but won't smoke a whole one. I offered her one last nite and she gave me the usuall excuse so I picked out a Gurkha Expedition, a Sancho Panza and a Don Diego, all very small sizes. Laid them all on the trunk and assured her she could handle it. If not, no big deal. She went with the Gurkha. I tought her how to cut, toast the cigar, light the cigar and eventually relight the cigar.

Can't tell you how happy it made me to be laying next to Sarah and sharing a cigar with her. It meant alot to me. She made it through the cigar fine. I even tought her how to exhale through her nose. It was a real bonding experience and I freaking loved it.

Side note: In the Sopranos last nite Season 2 Volume 2 Tony is over an excecutive poker game. He tells one of the guys to bring him and his doctor friend a Macanudo. WTF Tony?! Last season you're giving away boxes of Cuban Montecristo's and now Macanudos? Like the friggin' Britney Spears of the Mafia.

Another thing I noticed last nite is Tony is at a funeral, goes to a side room and pulls out this whopping cigar. The guy with him says "I don't think you're suppose to smoke in here" Tony looks at the guy laying with an open casket next to them and says, "I don't think he minds ... DO YOU MIND? ... See he doesn't mind." Not even a minute later he walks back out into the service with no cigar. Why would you light a Churchill and only to take 3 puffs out of it?

Anways, point of the story is my girlfriend is cooler than yours. Let's not forget the trunkador.
    Last edited by chefchris; 02-23-2007 at 04:01 PM.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

That's a good story Chris. I know it will make a lot of people on the board envious, especially when they remember the trunkador. The opportunity to share and appreciate a moment like that with your girlfriend is very cool. I, for one, don't mind at all when you enter "drunk bitch" mode to share your stories about the enlightened loving relationship you have with your girl. You're the man.
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."
    Ronald Reagan in a speech given to the Supreme Soviet, September 17, 1990

Great story. I have been trying to get wife to smoke on occasion with me, I think she is game, but we haven't found her choice yet (Hell, I am still having fun trying for myself)

On the Sopranos issue, one of the things that my wife and I enjoy doing it find little quirks like the ones you explained. The ones we mainly find is prop changes, two that come to mind is Bourne Identiy-Matt Damon's watch switches wrist several times during one scene, Ocean's Eleven-Brad Pitt holds a plate, then the food disappears (he didn't eat all the food in 2-5 seconds), and then the plate disappears, all while he is standing far away from any table.

good story!
    i had a similar experience on our my honeymoon. i overpaid for some cubans from la casa del habano in playa del carmen. she had a san cristobel and liked it a lot, but couldn't finish it. so, we got her some quinteros that were pretty small and mild and she had 10 during the trip. she doesn't really like anything NC, with very few exceptions. shouldn't have gotten her started on cubans

Still trying to get my wife to start, but no luck. And finding inconsistencies in movie and tv is something I like too. There's a lot in Lost, which we've been watching.

since this turned into a "point out the flaws in movies" thread....

in lord of the rings gandalf uses his staff to walk, then the camera view switches and he's carrying the staff by his side (theres a ton more but this was the most obvious imo)

oh and you're lucky chris, good work

(you're probly happy she didn't choose the SP, you've gotta be about out by now)

7. Default

Funny...I smoke to get away from my wife. 25 years of marriage makes you appreciate your time alone. She would not smoke a cigar... period.

My dogs love it when I grab a cigar. They know when I grap one a trip to the backyard in comming. Quality time with the mutts and a cigar is a must to keep my sanity. I love the wife but she gives me my space and I give her space.

Keep making fun of Tony and he will have a little sumptin for you.

I think Sarah has hacked Chris' account.

Thread Information