Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your local apprentice

Default Your local apprentice

I have the great pleasure of working part-time at one of the B&M's in the DC area, Bethesda Tobacco in Bethesda MD. I was a regular for almost two years and then the Owner asked if I had any desire to work at the store. Yes! Well, now I'm working part time, 10 hours a week or so in addition to my 'Day Job'. I'm learning quite a bit about cigars and more over, I'm becoming much more educated in cigars. I've been working there for maybe 2 months. Thought I'd share this with y'all.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Sounds like a sweet job!
    Do you get discounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kass View Post
    Sounds like a sweet job!
    Do you get discounts?
    Its an awesome job, and they take care of me.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Holy Crap Dude !!! I'm so freaking jealous. That's a sweet deal. Congrats.
    Sounds like you got a lot of good things going for you right now.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Nice! I just might have to get a job at a B&M around me.

bigsmoke Guest

A cool trick if you want to steal from them is to ask to take out the trash. You throw a few boxes of cigars in with the trash. Come back late at night and find your loot. They will never see it coming!

bigsmoke Guest

Just kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke View Post
    A cool trick if you want to steal from them is to ask to take out the trash. You throw a few boxes of cigars in with the trash. Come back late at night and find your loot. They will never see it coming!
    Just kidding!
    I hope so, because there is no integrity in that, plus I would not want to do that to anyone, much less someone whom I like and admire.

Question

WTF????????
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Just kidding!
    guys .... he was joking.
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Awesome to hear!

I hope to one day work..hell even volunteer at the local B&M once he sets up the smoking room at the new place!

bigsmoke Guest

Yes, I was just kidding. I thought it would create a bit of a ruckus but be kind of funny at the same time. Sorry if my joke was harmful.

Yes, I was just kidding. I thought it would create a bit of a ruckus but be kind of funny at the same time. Sorry if my joke was harmful.
    Not harmful, just real bad taste. Dont worry about it, its not like I've never told a bad joke myself, water under the bridge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    Not harmful, just real bad taste. Dont worry about it, its not like I've never told a bad joke myself, water under the bridge.

You were out of line with your lecturing and you're still trying to justify your obnoxiousness.....

"Real bad taste" LMAO!!

Nice to see we have an official CigarSmokers Minister of Taste to keep this place on the up and up.

Please check your "life coaching" hat at the door, it's not needed here........
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post

You were out of line with your lecturing and you're still trying to justify your obnoxiousness.....

"Real bad taste" LMAO!!

Nice to see we have an official CigarSmokers Minister of Taste to keep this place on the up and up.

Please check your "life coaching" hat at the door, it's not needed here........
    PM Sent.

Blog Entries

PM Sent.
    Yeah PM sent trying to start a fight with me via PM.....

If you've got something to say, SAY IT.

I absolutely, positively will not reply to any PMs from people like you.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Yeah PM sent trying to start a fight with me via PM.....

If you've got something to say, SAY IT.

I absolutely, positively will not reply to any PMs from people like you.
    well, if you'd clear your inbox i'd start a fight with you as well.

man up.

j slash k

What - bad taste because they're not smoking right? Maybe you're picking out cigars that are too strong. Better taste with cigars that are a tad milder.

But - don't worry about it. It's water under the bridge.

"...water under the bridge"

What an IDIOM!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sporadic Metonomy View Post
    "...water under the bridge"

What an IDIOM!

Nice one Sporadic Metonomy!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information