View Poll Results: How many of you are tired of seeing CC blast SGF75 on nearly every post?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I am sick of it

15 45.45%
  • No I want to see more

11 33.33%
  • Dont really care

7 21.21%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll how many of you are tired of seeing CC blast SGF75 on every post

1. Default Poll how many of you are tired of seeing CC blast SGF75 on every post

Just curious.

damn, the one i voted for isnt winning

You joined a few weeks ago, and have a whopping 26 posts under your belt here, and you're already "sick" of seeing CC and SFG going at it??? Interesting....

Your avatar suggests otherwise....
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-18-2005 at 09:34 PM.

I happen to find it very amusing......... and I think it's gonna get even more amusing now.......

hey ox..... A little word of advice, don't get mixed up in the middle of these two........ it has nothing to do with you...... just my recommendation to you.

Big balls Ox I like It took me forever to decide what to vote
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

6. Default

LOL ggiese

Blog Entries

As the admin I'm going to refrain from voting on this one.. but damn this is some pretty funny shit.

I think people really need to take these kinds of situations a little more lightly. Maybe I'm a bit cynical but some of these posts are just hilarious.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I think nobody is surprised where my vote is going...

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    As the admin I'm going to refrain from voting on this one.. but damn this is some pretty funny shit.

I think people really need to take these kinds of situations a little more lightly. Maybe I'm a bit cynical but some of these posts are just hilarious.
    i agree.

ox and anyone else who voted for the first choice, if you don't like him, just put him on ignore and you won't even see his posts. its that simple. so there's some confrontation going on....that's life. if it bothers you so much, you shouldn't be involving yourself in it like you have now done. some people really need to stop being so sensitive.

and i think this pole belongs in the general discussion forum because it has absolutely nothing to do with cigars.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    I think nobody is surprised where my vote is going...
    At least you're not my bud from another board and have an obvious bias-one choice of the poll is highly flawed in that regard.
    Last edited by SFG75; 05-19-2005 at 09:09 AM.

11. Default

Well so far the poll is speaking for itself. I dont know CC or Scotty at all. But from what I can tell they have some AWESOME extensive knowledge about cigars. I mean I just cant ignore CC or I might miss out on some new review or some sweet humidor tip. But why are we all here? WE ARE ALL BOTL!!!!! No skin color, religon or political views can change that. Shit, for all I know SFG75 may be the worlds worst passer or box splitter. But he loves cigars, He is here so im gonna except him no matter what kind of grudge may be held against him about some stupid bullshit from another site. And from what I can see, he has done nothing wrong to screw anybody here. Hell, even polls like this can cause rifts.And Im the dumbfuck who started it just trying to prove a point. Right now it seems like the Sharks vs. the Jets from West Side Story. Cmon, when is this going to be cigarsmokers.com????? Right now its www.ccversusscotty.net

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    ox and anyone else who voted for the first choice, if you don't like him, just put him on ignore and you won't even see his posts. its that simple. so there's some confrontation going on....that's life. if it bothers you so much, you shouldn't be involving yourself in it like you have now done. some people really need to stop being so sensitive.

and i think this pole belongs in the general discussion forum because it has absolutely nothing to do with cigars.
    This is a community. We all have a say as to what we feel should be going on here. It has nothing to do with being "sensitive". Why is Coventry afforded the right to what amounts to abusive bahavior IN MY OPINION and if others decide to post a complaint it's "sensitivity"? As far as "some confrontation"...90% of Coventry's posts are confrontation since the day he joined.

I have been a member of this group for a long time and I have EVERY right to voice my opinion on this. If anyone doesn't like that they can just put ME on ignore.

I agree this poll belongs in G.D. A simple mistake on ox's part I'm sure.

This is a community. We all have a say as to what we feel should be going on here. It has nothing to do with being "sensitive". Why is Coventry afforded the right to what amounts to abusive bahavior IN MY OPINION and if others decide to post a complaint it's "sensitivity"? As far as "some confrontation"...90% of Coventry's posts are confrontation since the day he joined.

I have been a member of this group for a long time and I have EVERY right to voice my opinion on this. If anyone doesn't like that they can just put ME on ignore.

exactly right. you're entitled to you opinion. i'm entitled to mine. and CC is entitled to his. i don't think anyone should be banned or be forced to calm down or change their attitude or anything like that. if someone doesn't like his post, don't read it or jump in and become a part of it. but some think its ok for them to attack CC's way of doing things, but he's not supposed to speak his mind about SFG. that's not fair. everyone that is taking part in the anti-CC is just as disruptive as they say he is. but i don't think there anything wrong with the way CC posts. But that’s just my opinion. But also, it doesn’t really matter what any of us think other than hex. His opinion is the only one that matters

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    At least you're not my bud from another board and have an obvious bias-one choice of the poll is highly flawed in that regard.
    LOL, typical whining baby "Highly flawed" Well, you are an expert in that regard because while you give yourself the title of "F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S" there is a mountain of evidence to the contrary.

Oh and ax, when you make post like this:
    Poll how many of you are tired of seeing CC blast SGF75 on every post
    you make yourself look stupid because that is a ridiculous exaggeration. Unfortunate for you because had you been more realistic, you wouldn't look like such an ass.

Blog Entries

Another liar with little credibility.

Once again, you'd do yourself a big favor labmoney if you didn't post lies or exaggerations.

SFG75 Guest

but some think its ok for them to attack CC's way of doing things, but he's not supposed to speak his mind about SFG. that's not fair. everyone that is taking part in the anti-CC is just as disruptive as they say he is.

Excellent point, all are free to agree and disagree. At the same time, no one is following cc around from thread to thread and harassing him. Though in all fairness, that's what ignore is for. I personally, enjoy cigars and like to talk about them with others. I for one, plan on having an excellent summer. Today is my last day at work and I'm going to pick up my boys, take them to the park, and then have a relaxing cigar at home afterwards. Folks can argue about name brands, brand names, wrappers, and other miniscule matters all they want. I will use the ignore feature and try to enjoy myself here as best I can.
    Last edited by SFG75; 05-19-2005 at 10:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the ox
    Well so far the poll is speaking for itself. I dont know CC or Scotty at all. But from what I can tell they have some AWESOME extensive knowledge about cigars. I mean I just cant ignore CC or I might miss out on some new review or some sweet humidor tip. But why are we all here? WE ARE ALL BOTL!!!!! No skin color, religon or political views can change that. Shit, for all I know SFG75 may be the worlds worst passer or box splitter. But he loves cigars, He is here so im gonna except him no matter what kind of grudge may be held against him about some stupid bullshit from another site. And from what I can see, he has done nothing wrong to screw anybody here. Hell, even polls like this can cause rifts.And Im the dumbfuck who started it just trying to prove a point. Right now it seems like the Sharks vs. the Jets from West Side Story. Cmon, when is this going to be cigarsmokers.com????? Right now its www.ccversusscotty.net
    You make some pretty good points ox. But I would offer that how one has conducted himself on other sites IS INDEED relevant here. You must have missed my example in another thread but I'll post a similar one here again for you to think about:

A 3o year old man lives in a small town in Nebraska and commits a serious felony, lets say he sexually abused a 9 year old boy. He gets convicted for his crimes but manages to avoid jail time instead he receives a ten year suspended sentence. He decided to "start over" by moving to another state and stating a new life. He make some new friends and evryone thinks he's a "really good guy" Well one day, someone in the new town discovers his past conviction for child molestation and lets people know what this person did. He's quite vocal about it, standing in front of the local post office with a placard that says " XXXXX is a convicted child molseter!!" Who's wrong here, the child molester or the person who told you about it? Many states these day have Sex Offender Registrys, maybe we should have something similar for people like Scotty who cause huge disruptions and bully and abuse people on other cigar boards yet come to a new site and want a fresh start. Sorry but his actions and misdeeds on other sites are completly relevant here and you should be appreciative of the efforts of me and others who bring this to your attention.

Hey, I'm not some heartless bastard who just because someone makes one little mistake I think they should pay for the rest of their lives but my problem with ole Scotty boy is he absolutely refuses to apologize or admit he was wrong. He's done so much damage to his reputation, I don't know how many of the people he's pissed off over on the other sites will ever forgive him but he makes virtually no effort to correct his past sins.

Yep, I came here and blasted Oblik because he used to like to brag on LTC about his "source" for Cuban cigars and when he was a moderator, he would delete people's posts and bully them. He was instrumental over on LTC in getting a coupld of my friends "banned" from that site (as was Scotty). I found this behavior to be very offensive and I called him out on it. He was stubborn at first but finally admitted his cigars were fake and he finally made efforts to make up for his wrongs. I give him a great deal of credit for that and has anyone seen me saying ANYTHING bad about Oblik since he cleaned up his act?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-19-2005 at 10:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Excellent point, all are free to agree. At the same time, no one is following cc around from thread to thread and harassing him. Though in all fairness, that's what ignore is for. I personally, enjoy cigars and like to talk about them with others. I for one, plan on having an excellent summer. Today is my last day at work and I'm going to pick up my boys, take them to the park, and then have a relaxing cigar at home afterwards. Folks can argue about name brands, brand names, wrappers, and other miniscule matters all they want. I will use the ignore feature and try to enjoy myself here as best I can.
    LMAO Scotty that is just precious, poor baby, awwwwwww do you think you're being harassed?!! Again, you reap what you sow and secondly, you certainlly are not innocent of following me around throwing gasoline on the fire with your double talk and pigheaded BS.

Once again, I love it when you prove my point with your idiotic posts!! Please keep it up

exactly right. you're entitled to you opinion. i'm entitled to mine. and CC is entitled to his. i don't think anyone should be banned or be forced to calm down or change their attitude or anything like that. if someone doesn't like his post, don't read it or jump in and become a part of it. but some think its ok for them to attack CC's way of doing things, but he's not supposed to speak his mind about SFG. that's not fair. everyone that is taking part in the anti-CC is just as disruptive as they say he is. but i don't think there anything wrong with the way CC posts. But that’s just my opinion. But also, it doesn’t really matter what any of us think other than hex. His opinion is the only one that matters
    Speaking his mind is one thing but personal attacks and namecalling is quite another. Coventry has appointed himself as the main Character Witness here at cigarsmokers and it seems that as new members join HE decides wether or not they are worthy members based on HIS experience with them on other boards.

Now I am not saying that if he has had a bad experience with someone he should not make it known...and I have made that clear before. But after he does make this known he proceeds to harass, namecall, and generally try his best to tear the member in question down in as many posts as possible, regardless of the content or context. This is above and beyond what is necessary, and is the behavior that is ONCE AGAIN called into question.

We had a member join recently who has yet to even post a SINGLE MESSAGE, and Coventry has already torn him down in several posts. (Purobrat)

And no I don't care what the reason behind it is....in my eyes it is uncalled for.

And I feel that taking part in this thread and asking for this kind of abusive behavior to STOP cannot be compared as being "just as disruptive"....I think the main gist of these attempts is for the disruptive behavior to CEASE!

I am not attacking Coventry as a person, I am saying that his behavior as a member on this board is unacceptable in my opinion. He is a knowledgable BOTL, and I respect him for that. Humorous jibes and joking is one thing, but his comments after stating the initial facts in these cases we are speaking of are out of spite, anger, and based on grudges.

Oh, that's funny, SFG ... Labmonkey IS on the Island... So is Roham...

Thread Information