Thread: New Job

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Default New Job

Well folks, I think this deserves a cigar.

For the past year (almost exactly one year in fact) I've been teaching music and building instruments. It's been a great year and I have some awesome students. But it's just not bringing in the cash that I need to pay all our bills. So I started looking at getting back into the software business a couple of weeks ago.

Well, I must have a damn good resume because I got 2 phone calls within minutes of sending in my resume to dice.com. I ended up taking a job with Vision Service Plan, the eyeglass insurance company. They were voted the best company to work for in Sacramento. I'll be working as a contractor for 6 months with the option to convert to a full time employee at that time.

As of April 30th I'll have enough money to cover all our expenses, health insurance, as well as fly fishing equipment and the occasional cigar 5 pack.

For a short time I was feeling kind of down about not teaching any more. But I decided to put that shit aside and change my attitude. I mean, how lucky am I that I've achieved a level of success where I could go teach music for a year and rest and recharge? So what if I didn't make enough $$. I've had a really cool year, met some great people, play a LOT of great music, and totally recharged mentally. Now I'm going to go do something that I also enjoy doing and I get to know that I'm also supporting my family.

That feels pretty good.

Now, which cigar should I have to celebrate?

Congrats on the new job and being happy with it!
    Smoke something you really enjoy, something nice and big

Congrats

Fantastic!

Smoke your favorite, which I learned last nite is hard to decide.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Teachers are underpaid without a doubt , and we never have enough...It is time we rewarded them for what they contribute to society ...
    'I,m better for having known you"

that's awesome dru, i hope you smoked something tasty

Thread Information