Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Okienoodling: Think you can fish?

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    Yeah....it's some crazy stuff...you should see it....they catch some big fish doin it too. I agree with jim tho...if thats what it takes I'll stick to catching the smaller cats with my pole.

I guess I'm a fishing snob, of sorts... I hate catching Catfish and Carp. The catfish around here are dirty and nasty. Give me Bass, Walleye, Crappie, Northern Pike, Musky, Perch, Lake Trout, Salmon, etc. - that's my kind of fishing...

Sorry, guys - but I'm watching Babe Winkleman fish - he doesn't do any okienoodling as far as I know....

...Except, of course, I'm going to be glued to the okienoodling tourney on ESPN next year!!! Can't wait!!! I've got a Davidoff Anniversario #1 and a bottle of single malt scotch set aside for the event!!! To HELL with Churchill Downs!!! The Superbowl be Damned!!! Forget the World Series!!! The NASCAR's Chase for the Cup is overrated!!! There's okienoodling going on!!!!

SFG75 Guest

I didn't know if this truly classifies as a sport, but it turns out that I was right.

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/general/...h/1336494.html

Thank God you kept me so informed, Scotty - you were right - sports action at its finest!!! I'm already picking out my front row table at the local pub so I can catch the okienoodling tourney on ESPN when it comes out soon!!! Big ol' Monte, glass of Blue Moon and Okienooding on TV!!! What's not to love!!! I can't wait!!! Hopefully they don't turn down the sound so I can hear ever fish slashing sound!!! It's going to be tough for me to watch the White Sox, Cubs and Okienoodling, but I'll manage to squeeze it in there....

Any way you mind giving me the Vegas line on the favorites, Scotty? I'm sorry, I didn't catch their names..

Popcorn anyone???
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-21-2005 at 10:32 PM.

Blog Entries

I dunno George, just as an experiment, I stopped in at a local sports bar today just to see what they had on the big screens.

Sure enough, they had six screens on with all different things. Here's the list:
    #1 - Skydiving without parachutes
    #2 - Lawn Dart catching
    #3 - Jumping out of moving cars
    #4 - Javelin catching
    #5 - Motorcycle surfing
    #6 - Sure enough, much to my surprise OKIENOODLING was on screen #6

I'll be a sonofabeech, I couldn't believe my eyes. I suppose any dumbass activity qualifies for a "sport" these days.

but it turns out that I was right
    Ole Scotty's never wrong you know.....
    I didn't know that just because something was mentioned on the ESPN website, that automatically meant it was a "sport"

I guess I need to get out more...........
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-22-2005 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    I dunno George, just as an experiment, I stopped in at a local sports bar today just to see what they had on the big screens.

Sure enough, they had six screens on with all different things. Here's the list:
    #1 - Skydiving without parachutes
    #2 - Lawn Dart catching
    #3 - Jumping out of moving cars
    #4 - Javelin catching
    #5 - Motorcycle surfing
    #6 - Sure enough, much to my surprise OKIENOODLING was on screen #6

I'll be a sonofabeech, I couldn't believe my eyes. I suppose any dumbass activity qualifies for a "sport" these days.

Ole Scotty's never wrong you know.....
    I didn't know that just because something was mentioned on the ESPN website, that automatically meant it was a "sport"

I guess I need to get out more...........

Damn it, CC - I've got to go where you go... I went to my local pub, traveling humidor in hand, ready to stake out my table for the upcoming Okienoodling tournament, and here's my story (sad as it is)....

So I'm looking at the TV's in the bar - Sox/cubs game on one screen, some kind of golf match on another, I think there was a rerun of a boxing match on another, Babe Winkleman was in Canada fishing for Muskie's on another (man there were some big ones!!!), some weird auto racing on another... On and on, but no okienoodling qualifying - no okienoodling playoffs - no okienoodling nothing... So I said, "WTF". The bartender gave me a quizzical look, like I was some kind of idiot... I told him - there is a sport called Okienoodling - SFG says so!!! After a rather lengthy description of what Okienoodling is, he said, in a mean, condescending way "I don't give a s@#$ about Okienoodling. I don't doubt that there is such a thing on TV. There are all kinds of dumbass things on TV - especially since the advent of satellite!!! I'm not taking the Sox/Cubs series off the TV's for you to watch such Bulls@#$" I said, "You don't understand - it's a sport!!! And from what I understand, it's quite popular." He told me to drink up and get the f@#$ out!!! What a mean, mean man... I refuse to tip the BASTID - that'll fix him!!!

Seriouly, I think we need to address this with the tavern owners - maybe some kind of letter writing campaign, or phone calls, e-mails, SOMETHING. They should not be allowed to deprive us the enjoyment of watching an Okienoodling tournament, enjoy our favorite malt beverage and a fine cigar - it's just not right!!! I'm admittedly an okienoodling newbie, that's for sure - hell, I didn't even know it was a sport until SFG brought it to my attention!!! But, hey - if ESPN considers it a sport, and I'm in a sports bar, that tournament better be on TV, that's all I got to say!!!!

Topped for an update...

Any word on the outcome of the Okienoodling tourney??? I'm waiting with baited breath!!!

Scotty, would you get on this please! You've been so busy posting so much other useless crap the Okienoodling Tourney update has fallen behind....

Hex - can you please make Scotty the one and only Okienoodling mod so that this doesn't fall so far behind in the future... Thanks!
    Last edited by ggiese; 06-30-2005 at 01:42 AM.

I'm new to to the forum as you might have guessed but this has got to be one of the funniest threads I've read in a good long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett
    I'm new to to the forum as you might have guessed but this has got to be one of the funniest threads I've read in a good long time.

Please - don't do that... You'll only encourage him... Scotty likes the limelight....

Hah... like giving a 6 year old positive attention when they do bad things.. I get it

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett
    Hah... like giving a 6 year old positive attention when they do bad things.. I get it
    I like this guy!!!

i've never heard of this and i'm from coon-ass-ville louisiana. (morgan city. about 10 miles from the golf) and i now live in texas.

and labmonkey, i smoke cigar while i'm playing golf. but i drop it on the ground while i'm hitting

Now this is just starting to downright piss me off!!! Scotty is running around all over the internet. pulling useless garbage and dumping it all over this board - yet he does not have time to update us on the Okienoodling tournament... WTF!!!!

Scotty - PLEASE (I know you're sensitive about ragamuffins, so I'm saying this nicely) - PLEASE let us know what's going on in the Okienoodling world!!!!

2005 Noodling World Champion!

LOL

So - are you filling in for Scotty while he's busy out there on the Internet looking for great cigar deals for the rest of us???

I WANT DETAILS, MAN - DETAILS!!! Who is the CHAMP, WHERE'S HE FROM, what kind of CAR does he drive - and most importantly - WHAT CIGAR DOES HE SMOKE!!! Details about the fish - weights and measure... Okienoodling tips - gotta have those. Websites for these teams - I gotta do RESEARCH...

Here is a picture of the Champ.

Surprisingly enough his name is Bubba....when asked his last name he simply stated " I never had no 'nother name than Bubba!"

Details of the catch are sketchy since Bubba is the only noodler that was around.

His comments?

"That dang 'ol fish thar came a grabbin'...nearly ripped my dang 'ol arm off afore I got the sombitch....shheeeeeeiiiiit......!"

He drives a 1980 AMC Spirit ... he claims it's a "classic"...(still has the original tires).

Cigars? I asked....

"Thars this feller named Scott that I met on that dang computer box internat thang? He suggested a few I should try......"

Ya I saw that on one of the 24 hour news stations that have to hunt for shit to talk about. Jesus, it gives white trash a bad name. Hmmm. lets see, already porked my sister and my mom, whacked the hornets nests in the three cars I have on blocks in the front yard, already put a whole bag of chew in my mouth and sucked on it for a day and a half, what else is there to do - OH YEAH, I GOTTA GO STICK MY HAND IN A MUD-FISH MOUTH SO IT CAN CHEW MY FUCKING HAND UP!!!

Gotta love it.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

SFG75 Guest

Rookies-I could do better.

Thank you very much, LabMonkey... Now my blood pressure just dropped 30 points - the doc is gonna be happy!!!

See - with Scotty being so busy doing "research", it just plain sucks that we gotta get the okienoodling news so much later. You'd think, with modern technology the way it is - satellites and fiber optic cables and high speed internet - we'd get this new piped to us much quicker. Of course, if the source is out to lunch, the whole dang process just comes screeching to a halt...

Scotty, please - would you carry a pager with you while you're out there galavanting all over the Internet, researching all of the news that fit to print on this site? Please? Is it too much to ask??? You keep dropping your crap off here, and then you run out the door so damn quick we don't know what to do with it!!! And nothing is getting followed up on...

You keep this up and I'm going to have an up close and personal, face to face talk with your owner, Hugh.... I don't think he's going to like to hear you've been acting up again...

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    Rookies-I could do better.

Oh, here he is now!!! Scotty, where the hell have you been!!! We've been paging you!!!

See, here you go again. Run in, drop some more crap off, and run back out.... Ya gotta slow down, boy!!!

Thread Information