Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Okienoodling: Think you can fish?

SFG75 Guest

Default Okienoodling: Think you can fish?

Came in from smoking a great cigar and turned on the boob-toob. I switched it to the public television station and couldn't believe my eyes. The camera crew filmed this guy who was in the water, trolling the waterbanks, as well as sticking his hands dangerously under broken up sections of the road in a swamp. This guy and other like him pulled out huge @$$ catfish.

You can see the website here:

http://www.okienoodling.com/film/

Click here to watch the trailer:
    http://www.okienoodling.com/film/trailer.html

They had a turney with some rules.
    *Hand-catchign only
    *No "trot" lines or whatever that is
    *Flathead cats only
    *Minimum of 24 inches long

Any of you ever do this? Absolutely freakin' amazing!.

is that the thing where they let the fish bite onto their hands? then pull it out of the water

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    is that the thing where they let the fish bite onto their hands? then pull it out of the water
    Yes! Absolutely crazy

damn hillbillies, sorry if theres any hillbillies on here that do that kind of fishing.

I'm sure if you do a websearch, we could find a discussion forum concerned with Okienoodling - I'd just be curious if they were discussing cigars over there...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    I'm sure if you do a websearch, we could find a discussion forum concerned with Okienoodling - I'd just be curious if they were discussing cigars over there...

Okienoodling Discussion Thread

Nope - nothing about cigars there....

this is the sports forum isn't it? oh wait...scott started this thread...no wonder!!!!!!!

I was wondering why CC and george were complaining about it!

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    this is the sports forum isn't it? oh wait...scott started this thread...no wonder!!!!!!!

I don't understand what you mean by "complaining"... Are you reading into my post, Labmoney?

My take on this is - Okienoodling - the lastest, greatest American sport!! It's not unlike baseball, football, NASCAR, hockey, golf, etc. where I retire to my local drinking establishment to enjoy a okienoodling tournament, with a glass of my favorite brew in one hand, and a Montecristo Churchill in the other...
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-20-2005 at 12:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Uhhhhhhh, how am I "complaining"? Or is George for that matter?

You trolling again?

SFG75 Guest

Okienoodling Discussion Thread

Nope - nothing about cigars there....

George-Now I truly believe that every interest has an internet BB. My lord, look at those fish!.

12. Default

Yup I have seen it done alot. Here in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Louisiana its done alot. My grandpa used to do it and so did dad. I was always afraid to though because you do get the occasional snapping turtle or water moccasin!!

Quote Originally Posted by the ox
    Yup I have seen it done alot. Here in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Louisiana its done alot. My grandpa used to do it and so did dad. I was always afraid to though because you do get the occasional snapping turtle or water moccasin!!

Do they smoke cigars when they do it?

I don't understand what you mean by "complaining"... Are you reading into my post, Labmoney?

My take on this is - Okienoodling - the lastest, greatest American sport!! It's not unlike baseball, football, NASCAR, hockey, golf, etc. where I retire to my local drinking establishment to enjoy a okienoodling tournament, with a glass of my favorite brew in one hand, and a Montecristo Churchill in the other...

sorry george....I'm from Texas....noodling truly IS a valid sport here .

never done it myself....but I have seen it done......I'll stick to using a pole.

And yes Coventry, I was trolling, but it was a light-hearted troll....just messing around.

sorry george....I'm from Texas....noodling truly IS a valid sport here .

never done it myself....but I have seen it done......I'll stick to using a pole.

And yes Coventry, I was trolling, but it was a light-hearted troll....just messing around.

I said - I enjoy going to my local drinking establishment, beer in one hand, Montecristo Churchill in the other - watching Okienoodling on the TV... ABC, I believe, has rights to the okienoodling tournament next year!!! I can't wait!!!

No one has been able to answer my question, though - do they smoke cigars when they do it??? I've not seen that....

I said - I enjoy going to my local drinking establishment, beer in one hand, Montecristo Churchill in the other - watching Okienoodling on the TV... ABC, I believe, has rights to the okienoodling tournament next year!!! I can't wait!!!

No one has been able to answer my question, though - do they smoke cigars when they do it??? I've not seen that....
    kinda hard to smoke a cigar while lying flat on a river bank with your arm in the water. You smoke AFTER you catch the fish. Just like golfing. MOST people don't tee off or put with their cigar hanging out of their mouth...they wait until they are finished....then smoke. Noodling requires a great deal of concentration you know.....

kinda hard to smoke a cigar while lying flat on a river bank with your arm in the water. You smoke AFTER you catch the fish. Just like golfing. MOST people don't tee off or put with their cigar hanging out of their mouth...they wait until they are finished....then smoke. Noodling requires a great deal of concentration you know.....

Gotcha!!! I just had to know....

4717 Clarendon Av. Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904

I have personally seen people stick their arm into places i would not drop a lure into and pull out 55lb catfish. If that is what i have to do to catch one of those they can just stay right where they are.
    Jim

"If Guns Cause Crime, All Mine Are Defective." -- Ted Nugent

"Sure I have a permit. it's called the Second Amendment." -- Ted Nugent

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We already threw out all the undeseriable from our country, We sent'em back to England. -- Thomas Quigley (Tom Selleck - Quigley down Under)

Blog Entries

If that is what i have to do to catch one of those they can just stay right where they are.
    LMAO

I've never heard of this "noodling" bein' from the north an' all.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    LMAO

I've never heard of this "noodling" bein' from the north an' all.

Yeah....it's some crazy stuff...you should see it....they catch some big fish doin it too. I agree with jim tho...if thats what it takes I'll stick to catching the smaller cats with my pole.

Thread Information