Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phillies are good deal

1. Default Phillies are good deal

I've been smoking for about six months and have tried a good number of cheap cigars. I don't remember all the names but I've had a Don Rex that was about 1.50 and an Arturo Fuente that cost about 3.00 and a pack of 5 don diegos for 6.50. These are all fine but I think Phillie Titans are just as good as these and you get 5 for 3.25. Anyone tried Dutch Masters? how do they stack up against Titans? White owls? muriel coronellas?

Also, does anyone know where Dickson got his avatar? I've seen the same avatar on a few different boards and am curious. Is she a model or something?

Blog Entries

Note to self...if I can get a cigar from a gas station and I don't have to put it in the humi to keep it fresh, I don't smoke it.

99% of us live by this rule.

Lopaka

considering the recent ban I don't think it would be a ridiculous idea that a newbie coming on board and saying something stupid like this may be a troll. Wait and see I guess.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    considering the recent ban I don't think it would be a ridiculous idea that a newbie coming on board and saying something stupid like this may be a troll. Wait and see I guess.
    Now now Nate, let's be respectful of other's opinions!!

coffeeandcigarboy honestly and genuinely stated a well thought out cost comparison analysis and backed it up with actual data to phrase a very interesting topic for discussion here in our community.

Now I'm sure that some of our more seasoned members here may find his logic and conclusions to be slightly off the mark BUT in my humble opinion, we should be open and tolerant to the opinions of others in particular the "outside the box" thinking displayed here by our new member coffeeandcigarboy.

Getting back to the extremely interesting inquiries posed to us by coffeeandcigarboy, I have smoked all of the cigars you've mentioned and don't find any of them enjoyable at all. While you make an interesting case for these cigars based on cost, the general consensus among seasoned cigar smokers is while they may APPEAR to be attractive from a cost standpoint, they are not an enjoyable cigar to smoke or to offer to friends.

However, you did NOT mention the "Muniemaker" brand which are a similar cigar and in my opinion, they are very good!

I'm sorry that I cannot help you with where Dickson found his avatar photograph. My eyesight isn't very good anymore so I don't even know what it's a photograph of, it just looks like an orange blur to me.

I would suggest that you send Dickson a "PM" or "personal message" with your inquiry. I'm sure that he would be more than happy to assist you.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

now even though i am not as seasoned of a cigar smoker as others on this forum, i have only been smoking for about 2 years now, i am a college student and at points i want to smoke a very decent cigar but not pay a huge price. there are cigars out there with very good flavor and body for the same price as the ones u have listed. if i may recommended something like a Padron 2000 or 3000 which can run you somewhere around 4.00 a stick, they are a decent smoke for the price. maybe also a CAO gold label somewhere in the corona range. but i bet if you ask or start a thread for advice people will be extremely helpful, even though i am new to this forum every one has been very nice and helpful with any questions that i have had, im sure they would do the same to you.
    Life is so fucking good I can taste it in my spit.

There is also a thread out there with a good number of valuable opinions on the topic of best value smokes. Try the search button at the top of the page.
    When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
    When sorrows like sea billows roll;
    Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
    It is well, it is well, with my soul.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee&CigarBoy View Post
    I felch goo................
    The older I get ,the better I was

I've been smoking for about six months and have tried a good number of cheap cigars. I don't remember all the names but I've had a Don Rex that was about 1.50 and an Arturo Fuente that cost about 3.00 and a pack of 5 don diegos for 6.50. These are all fine but I think Phillie Titans are just as good as these and you get 5 for 3.25. Anyone tried Dutch Masters? how do they stack up against Titans? White owls? muriel coronellas?

Also, does anyone know where Dickson got his avatar? I've seen the same avatar on a few different boards and am curious. Is she a model or something?
    Have you read any reviews on the Acid line of cigars? You might like those, based upon your tastes.

Backwoods smokes are A-ok too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Have you read any reviews on the Acid line of cigars? You might like those, based upon your tastes.

Backwoods smokes are A-ok too!!!
    I concur with George's recommendations and would like to add Hav-A-Tampa Jewels to the list.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Default I've said it before...

...and I'll say it again:

Sweet, sweet nectar!

Seriously, coffee&cigarboy, there are plenty of lower priced but good long filler handmades out there (bundles, seconds, etc). You don't need to smoke these just because they are cheap.

Just my 2 cents

TampaSupremo
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSupremo View Post
    ...and I'll say it again:

Sweet, sweet nectar!

Seriously, coffee&cigarboy, there are plenty of lower priced but good long filler handmades out there (bundles, seconds, etc). You don't need to smoke these just because they are cheap.

Just my 2 cents

TampaSupremo
    Agreed-

Between sites like cbid, yahoo auctions, jrauctions, and not to mention any of the other big retailers online, you can find plenty of options for a decent smoke for what you'd pay for a gas station cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by forgop View Post
    Agreed-

Between sites like cbid, yahoo auctions, jrauctions, and not to mention any of the other big retailers online, you can find plenty of options for a decent smoke for what you'd pay for a gas station cigar.
    Try Quinteros Brevas! You'll never go back to gas station cigars again!

13. Default

I understand you guys are conosseiurs. But if you had to go to Walgreens and pick something from their selection, what would u get?

if i had to choose from Walgreen's... I wouldn't smoke... Although, they do carry a nice selection of Macanudo Mini's, if you don't mind smoking Macanudos... Don Kiki red lables $1 a stick at cuban crafters...

Quote Originally Posted by ReV View Post
    if i had to choose from Walgreen's... I wouldn't smoke... Although, they do carry a nice selection of Macanudo Mini's, if you don't mind smoking Macanudos... Don Kiki red lables $1 a stick at cuban crafters...
    AMEN, mac's are as "good" as phillies, and don kiki's are good and cheap.

I understand you guys are conosseiurs. But if you had to go to Walgreens and pick something from their selection, what would u get?
    A new hobby...

Seriously-you have the internet. Buy some sticks online in advance so you can buy them cheap.

For example, I bought a bundle of 1876 Gold Torpedos on cbid for $15. I'm sure those will be much better smokes than where you're shopping.

17. Default

I don't have a humidor yet, so I can't buy decent cigars buy boxes or bundles. I'm waiting to get a good deal on a humidor. I'm trying garage sales. All the sites on the internet sell the same humidors and I'm not impressed with the $25-$30 ones I've seen. Until then, I'll be enjoying my Walgreen's cigars.

Did you guys know Altadis is going to be bought soon. I hope no one messes with their mass market cigas.

18. Default

LOL. I saw the title of this thread and I new it would be entertaining.

19. Default

Phillies...A good deal. Well here is how I feel about it.

Let's say you are driving down the road. You run off the road, strike a tree, and break your neck...You survive the accident. Thats a good deal...But it still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Phillies...A good deal. Well here is how I feel about it.

Let's say you are driving down the road. You run off the road, strike a tree, and break your neck...You survive the accident. Thats a good deal...But it still sucks.
    lol

Thread Information