Thread: Indian Tabac Cameroon Legend Corona nat.

SFG75 Guest

Default Indian Tabac Cameroon Legend Corona nat.

Appearance and Construction
    10 of 15 pts.
    *Smooth, almost silky feel to it. Very moist. There were small, lighter colored blemishes on the cigar, though it wasn't very veiny at all.
    *Why the low score? The draw was very firm and not really to my liking. I re-clipped the cigar in order to try and get a better draw to no avail. Probably the fault of the torcedor.

Flavor
    25 of 25 points

*This one gives a woodsy-earthy smooth taste to it. Absolutely no bitterness at all. Not a complex flavored cigar.

Smoking Characteristics
    22 of 25

*Had a hard time lighting this one up evenly. One side was busy burning down, while the other side didn't want to burn at all. Arrggggghhhh!. After this initial problem, it corrected itself and there were no more subsequent problems.

Overall Impression
    30 of 35 points35

I absolutely enjoyed the feel and aroma of this cigar. The smoke output was pretty good and the flavor was decent. The super fuerte has spoiled me. Given the fact that this was a natural, it should've offered me more flavor wise, but alas, it didn't. I do recommend it for those who need a good "step-up" cigar as it is a mild-medium cigar.

Overall rating: 87

i'm not quite up on my cigar lingo yet. what do you mean by you 're-clipped' the cigar. or does that mean you just cut some more of it off? either way it sound good besides the tighter draw.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mithril
    i'm not quite up on my cigar lingo yet. what do you mean by you 're-clipped' the cigar. or does that mean you just cut some more of it off? either way it sound good besides the tighter draw.
    Your second line was dead on, I cut a tad bit more off from the head of the cigar. I've always heard that it is one possible solution to a bad draw problem. Unfortunately, in this case, it wasn't the cure I was hoping it would be.

Was this the Gold or Silver ???

ok since the opinion here seems to be that this thread starter is a tool I'm wondering if his taste in this cigar is accurate. I'm asking because I was thinking of buying a couple of these and would like to know whether I should.

I like the IT Cameroon Legend. I like the flavor of all the blends IT/Rocky Patel come up with. Like most Cameroons, it's on the mild side of medium. A nice spicy/woody/slightly sweet smoke. A most enjoyable smoke for warm weather and cold drinks.

Now, just because I like it, doesn't mean you will. Try and get a single or a fiver before investing in a box of anything.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely do that then.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe
    ok since the opinion here seems to be that this thread starter is a tool I'm wondering if his taste in this cigar is accurate. I'm asking because I was thinking of buying a couple of these and would like to know whether I should.
    At first I was thinking to myself "Oh no, not again, someone found ANOTHER one of Scotty's old threads BUT since joe qualified it with the fact that Scotty is indeed a tool, that makes it okay

Scotty was whining about the draw being too tight because he's used to smoking garbage cigars with a straw-like draw (too loose).

I don't like Cameroon wrappers. If I were you, I'd go with an Indian Tabac Maduro. I think these Cameroons are to mild and kind of bland which is of course why Scotty likes them. He is indeed a first class tool
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

It's like his ghost just keeps coming up to haunt you, CC...

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    At first I was thinking to myself "Oh no, not again, someone found ANOTHER one of Scotty's old threads BUT since joe qualified it with the fact that Scotty is indeed a tool, that makes it okay

Scotty was whining about the draw being too tight because he's used to smoking garbage cigars with a straw-like draw (too loose).

I don't like Cameroon wrappers. If I were you, I'd go with an Indian Tabac Maduro. I think these Cameroons are to mild and kind of bland which is of course why Scotty likes them. He is indeed a first class tool
    Awesome. I actually have a friend who had a couple from a sampler and he was kind enough to let me try it. I liked the flavour of it at times but most of the way through it was a bit bland. It did however have some spicy accents which made for an enjoyable smoke. I did not like the vieniness of the wrap though as it seemed to burn poorly because of it. Could have just been a bad stick though. all in all not a bad smoke but wouldn't be my first choice.

I do like the La Gloria Cubana Serie R and would like to try some different types that taste and smell along that line. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. CAO golds weren't terrible either basically the same feeling about those as the IT's not bad but not my first choice.

My uncle gave me an Opus X and a Punch rare Corojo that I am aching to try but you guys made them sound so good that I'm sorta want to same them for a special occasion too. Damn indecisiveness Damn it to Hell!!!!

If you've never tried a cigar type before, don't save it for a special occasion. You may not like it and that would ruin the special occasion. Stick with a known winner for special occasions. You'll also torment yourself uselessly wanting to try it. That's not what cigar smoking is all about. If you wanna smoke the damn thing, SMOKE IT! You can always buy more.

12. Default

I may have let them too dry when I tried them, I left them in a table humidor without a drop of water for 2 month in Seattle.

So for me, I don't like the smell, dont like the taste, since it's too woodsy and spicy. the burn was uneven a well.

Thread Information