Thread: 300

Quote Originally Posted by supergirl View Post
    Any opinions?

Please discuss. :D
    Haven't seen it yet, but the book Gates of Fire (same story) is amazing.

Also, I love the 'please discuss'. I feel like English class.

Blog Entries

I've never heard of it. Who's in it and what's the story line?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    I've never heard of it. Who's in it and what's the story line?
    It's about the Spartans in the battle of Thermopylae. Pretty bad-ass story. The movie is almost all computer generated though, except for the main characters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416449/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mills View Post
    It's about the Spartans in the battle of Thermopylae. Pretty bad-ass story. The movie is almost all computer generated though, except for the main characters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416449/
    Oh for cryin' out loud.... I HAVE indeed seen the commercials for it, thanks for clearing that up for me mills.

I actually saw something very recently on TheHistoryChannel about that battle. They also explained that the movie takes a bit of poetic license but who cares, it's a MOVIE not a documentary. I do know a couple of people who saw it and they said it was pretty darn good!

I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD. The last time I actually went to a movie theater was the day the released "Resident Evil." My step son had a Sony Playstation back when they first came out and he got me hooked on the "Resident Evil" series of games. I haven't played any games like that in years though......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Sawthe movie on IMAX one word AWESOME although the scene with the Persian emperor embracing the Spartan was a bit too touchy feely

Definately a good movie, I recommend seeing it. I'm usually not too inclined to movies like this, the ones set a long time ago.. but 300 was awsome and kept me entertained throughout.

Fantastic film, great effects, great battle scenes, ruined by one thing an R-rated movie with that much blood and nudity is not the place to bring your entire family including your 2 screaming fucking babies and a couple of kids no more than 6 years old. People need to either learn to get a fricken babysitter or stay home.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Haven't seen it yet, but it sounds pretty good. I wonder if there are any good screener versions of it yet?

Awesome movie, one of the best new movies I've seen in awhile. Definitely try and watch it on the highest quality screen/sound system you can, the imagery and soundtrack are just incredible.

I agree that it's a great movie. I'm a big Frank Miller fan, and I like that they stayed with the graphic novel, and didn't try to make it historically correct. It was just an amazing movie overall, IMO.

BTW, if you all get a chance, look up the workout regimen that the characters endured for this movie. Wow-sers.

Quote Originally Posted by mills View Post
    Haven't seen it yet, but the book Gates of Fire (same story) is amazing.

Also, I love the 'please discuss'. I feel like English class.
    LOL. I use it in my everyday speech. It irks people.

Quote Originally Posted by supergirl View Post
    I agree that it's a great movie. I'm a big Frank Miller fan, and I like that they stayed with the graphic novel, and didn't try to make it historically correct. It was just an amazing movie overall, IMO.

BTW, if you all get a chance, look up the workout regimen that the characters endured for this movie. Wow-sers.
    http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=35

I Thought it was an Ok movie myself.

Thread Information