Thread: Always watch

Default Always watch

Theres a handfull of movies I always seem to hold up on when I'm flipping channels. I just have to stop and watch. My past and present include Jaws, Hunt for Red October, Shawshank Redemption, The Untouchables, Private Ryan, Apocalypse Now, Platoon, Godfather I, II, and Goodfellas. It's not that I think they are all any "great cineamatic achievements" or top 10 movies, but they engage me. What grabs you and makes you watch?

Probably the one I always watch is Sling Blade.Got to be one of the best movies made IMO.Another one I cant pass up is The Longest Day.Im a WW2 history buff,and I have always thought Robert Mitchum was the coolest.

I always stop and watch:

-Ladder 49.
    -Fried Green Tomatoes. (i'm such a girl)
    -Any of the Godfather movies(although edited, it isn't quite the same.).
    -Any Ray Liotta movies.
    -Top Gun.
    -and I'm a sucker for most animated movies.

Quote Originally Posted by pub spears View Post
    Theres a handfull of movies I always seem to hold up on when I'm flipping channels. I just have to stop and watch. My past and present include Jaws, Hunt for Red October, Shawshank Redemption, The Untouchables, Private Ryan, Apocalypse Now, Platoon, Godfather I, II, and Goodfellas. It's not that I think they are all any "great cineamatic achievements" or top 10 movies, but they engage me. What grabs you and makes you watch?
    Why the hell not? Those are some of the best movies ever made!

Don't know what I was thinking with the cineamatic achievemant line, but I think there are too many other top movies that I harldy ever watch . -- casablanca, lord of the rings , citizen cane, 1 flew over the cookos nest, wizard of oz, gone with the wind, etc.

i will never turn the channel if.... lord of the rings, shawshank, top gun, any of the rocky movies, any adam sander movies (not because they are good just because i remember them from when i was younger i guess), or caddyshack.... is ever on tv

Shawshank and Dead Poet's Society definitely, but we don't have cable right now, so no channel-surfing.

Thread Information