Thread: Blood Diamond

Default Blood Diamond

has anyone seen this movie? i liked it, curious to know if that is how things actually happen in africa... pretty intense

discuss

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Quote Originally Posted by boomshay View Post
    has anyone seen this movie? i liked it, curious to know if that is how things actually happen in africa... pretty intense

discuss
    i enjoyed the movie as well. i read a few reviews on the movie and its background and from what i read they tried to make the movie as accurate as possible. diamond countries are fun by the ones with the diamonds and will do anything to make sure they stay in control. sad but true story. some of those places are very beautiful and i wouldnt mind visiting there if it wasnt a total war zone =/

I thought it was a great movie, and I think it was preaty acurate to what actually happens in Africa. Look at the recent "elections" in Nigeria with the ballot boxes being stolen, and the thousands of people who are being killed and fleeing Sudan (also known as Darfur). If your interested in movies about Africa that are realistic another one you should watch is Hotel Rawanda (which is about the genocide killings in Rawanda).

This was a great movie, I really enjoyed it. Hotel Rawanda was also good as mentioned, so was the constant gardener and the last king of scotland (for other movies about Africa).

Thread Information