Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Avalon Cigar Pass

Default The Official Avalon Cigar Pass

The Official Avalon Cigar Pass

Allright, here it is. Tom Ramsey from Avalon cigars has given me a few cigars to pass around. All he asks for in return is an honest review of the cigars you choose and to replace the Avalon cigars with cigars that you enjoy regularly. This will be a great way to get the word out about the company and to give Tom some feedback about Avalon cigars. Tom gave me some of the pecan wood that is used in the aging process. I'll include some in the pass so you can get an idea of what the aging room smells like and to help you recognize the subtle pecan notes in the cigars.

Rules:

1. Participants must have a minimum of 50 posts and be in good standing with the board.

2. There's only 9 slots available with one alternate spot in case someone has to back out prior to the pass being completed.

3. Each participant takes a maximum of 3 cigars (one from each blend).

4. Participants must only take Avalon cigars from the pass and replace them with cigars that they enjoy. A note describing what you enjoy about that particular cigar may help.

5. Participants agree to give a review of the cigars they select from the pass and post that review here on cigarsmokers within a reasonable time frame. * Post reviews in the review section of the forum *

6. There really is no minimum or maximum value for your puts, just be honest with the cigars you put in. No dumping dog rockets.

7. Participants must make their puts / takes in a timely manner and post those p / t's in the thread.

I'm going to include the guys that expressed interest in the original thread. That only leaves a couple of slots open. I'll need addy's from everyone on the list.

Participants:

1 - Hex1848
    2 - guado
    3 - The Korean
    4 - ashauler
    5 - nhcigarfan
    6 - Newfie
    7 - Bassfever
    8 - JFellows (dropped out)
    9 - Mills
    10 - Roham (Virtual)

Whats in the Pass:

1. Juke - Ebony 5.5 x 44 Romeo y Julieta-Bully (The Korean)
    2. Juke - Ebony 5.5 x 44 Oliva Serie O maduro double toro (ashauler)
    3. Juke - Ebony 5.5 x 44 fire corojo churchill (nhcigarfan)
    4. Juke - Ebony 5.5 x 44 cusano 18 maduro robusto (Newfie)
    5. Juke - Ebony 5.5 x 44 Sanch Panza Double Maduro Quixote (Roham)
    6. Juke - Ebony 7 x 50 La Tradicion Cubana torpedo (Hex)
    7. Juke - Ebony 7 x 50 Rocky Patel Edge Lite (The Korean)
    8. Juke - Ebony 7 x 50 El Major (bassfever)
    9. Juke - Ebony 7 x 50 5 Vegas Series A (mills)
    10. Juke - Ebony 7 x 50 Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 torpedo (Roham)

11. Juke - Blue 5 x 50 Belmore Cameroon Selection Robusto(Hex)
    12. Juke - Blue 5 x 50 HDM Excalibur #3 Natural (guado)
    13. Juke - Blue 5 x 50 H Upmann Vintage Cameroon toro (ashauler)
    14. Juke - Blue 5 x 50 trinidad maduro churchill (nhcigarfan)
    15. Juke - Blue 5 x 50 JdN celebracion robusto (Newfie)

16. Masters - Honeyboy Edwards 5 x 50 Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Torpedo (Hex)
    17. Masters - Honeyboy Edwards 5 x 50 RP REO Robusto (guado)
    18. Masters - Honeyboy Edwards 5 x 50 Don Pepin Garcia Seris JJ Torpedo (The Korean)
    19. Masters - Honeyboy Edwards 5 x 50 Rocky Patel Connecticut robusto (ashauler)
    20. Masters - Honeyboy Edwards 5 x 50 5 vegas "A" black label (nhcigarfan)
    21. Masters - Honeyboy Edwards 5 x 50 Sancho Panza dbl maduro La Mancha (Newfie)
    22. Masters - Honeyboy Edwards 5 x 50 Oliva Series G (Bassfever)

23. Masters - Honeyboy Edwards 4.5 x 38 (figurado) Rocky Patel Edge Missle Maduro (guado)
    24. Masters - Honeyboy Edwards 4.5 x 38 (figurado) CAO Criollo (Bassfever)
    25. Masters - Honeyboy Edwards 4.5 x 38 (figurado) Cuba Libre (mills)
    26. Masters - Honeyboy Edwards 4.5 x 38 (figurado) Don Kiki Brown (mills)
    27. Masters - Honeyboy Edwards 4.5 x 38 (figurado) La Aurora 1495 Belicoso (Roham)

28. Padron 2000 Maduro(WOXOF)
    29. Don Tomas Special Edition Connecticut (WOXOF)
    30. Cubita SMS (WOXOF)

PICTURES

From the top down: Masters - Honeyboy Edwards, Juke - Blue, Juke - Ebony

The Pass and it's container.
    Last edited by WOXOF; 07-02-2007 at 12:38 PM. Reason: That's a wrap!

Blog Entries

I'll play, its been a while since I've participated in a pass.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Just confirming my spot. I'm definitely still in.

WOXOF - if you have a camera handy, could you snap a few pictures of the various cigars included? The descriptions on their website have my imagination really going, and I'm very interested in seeing how they look.

I must say, though, I'm a bit disappointed that they're not including anything from the Haint lineup...I love me some culebras.

I Am in....with a G instead of a Q though!

I'll play if there's still room.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Looking forward to it. This will be my first pass. Although, I'm still at the sampling stage, so I'm not sure what I'm going to put back in. Don't worry, I'll figure something out ;). Also, maybe I'm just dumb, but I couldn't find price info on the website, is there a price list you could include or post?
    Last edited by mills; 05-17-2007 at 08:43 PM.

in.

Yes, just want to confirm that I still want in. I'll pm you my addy in a few.

9. Default

Thanks to all of you for participating.

Jfellows - Sorry, no haints yet. When they come out of the infixing process, we'll do an "Haint Only" pass.

mills - the prices for the Juke Series smokes are $5-7 and the Masters are $9-12

As far as what to put back in the box, just put in something that you consider to be an enjoyable smoke. I want to see what our consumers are smoking and what they consider to be their "go-to" cigar.

Best regards,

Tom

Tom Ramsey, Principal
    Avalon Cigars
    600 Blues Alley
    Clarksdale, MS 38614

tom@avaloncigars.com
    www.avaloncigars.com

(601)624-7267

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I'll play, its been a while since I've participated in a pass.
    You're in
    Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    Just confirming my spot. I'm definitely still in.

WOXOF - if you have a camera handy, could you snap a few pictures of the various cigars included? The descriptions on their website have my imagination really going, and I'm very interested in seeing how they look.

I must say, though, I'm a bit disappointed that they're not including anything from the Haint lineup...I love me some culebras.
    Each cigar will be in a baggie with a label on it. A note on the Juke Blue, it is listed on the website as the Annie Mae. The names in the Juke line are now Ebony, blue, and Red. They are very easy to tell apart. I'll try to snap a picture of the pass this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    I Am in....with a G instead of a Q though!
    Sorry bout that bro, fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    I'll play if there's still room.
    Looks like it may be filled up. If it's allright with you, I'll keep you on as an alternate in case someone drops out.

I'll take a look at everyones location and come up with an order. I'll probably start this thing off in the south and then send it north to minimize the effects of the heat.

11. Default

Great offer and neat idea Tom. I am going to PM you info about 2 of my local shops tonight. I dont know one of the owners on a first name basis but they are both great shops
    The older I get ,the better I was

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

If it's OK with the Pass Host and Tyler, I'll send my puts to Tyler sometime this weekend well ahead of the pass, and he can send my takes to me whenever the pass gets around to him.

Cool??
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Blog Entries

Pm with addy sent

cool

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    If it's OK with the Pass Host and Tyler, I'll send my puts to Tyler sometime this weekend well ahead of the pass, and he can send my takes to me whenever the pass gets around to him.

Cool??
    Sounds great.

I updated the pass order in the first post. We're going to start this off with Hex. I'll get this in the mail on Monday. Thanks everyone. I look forward to the reviews.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

I mailed my puts to Tyler for the Avalon Cigar Pass yesterday. DC # 0301 0120 0008 0963 3873
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Well I wasn't able to make it to the post office yesterday. I had to head out of town on a short notice. I'm back now, tired as hell but I just dropped of the pass at the post office. DC# 0103 8555 7490 4885 7922. Nighty night.

Blog Entries

Box just got here. I'm leaving town in the AM so Im going to do my best to get this out on my way out of town.

(I kind of want to try one or 2 of these guys at the beach )
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Got Newfie's smokes yesterday, PM'd him but forgot to update the thread.

PS - He slipped a bomb in on me. Dam nice smokes. Thanks Bro

Thread Information