2 2.44%
  • 14-15

1 1.22%
  • Greater than 15! (how many then!)

10 12.20%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many? A poll!

Default How many? A poll!

Hi guys. Now if I could afford it, I would smoke at least 1 cigar everyday, as it stands currently, 3 a week is about my limit (hopefully soon to change)

What I want to know is how many cigars you smoke in the space of an average week and some info on how you spread them out.

I smoke cigars when I think that I deserve them and when I have time. They are generally a reward to myself for a job well done or a particularly good day.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    I smoke cigars when I think that I deserve them and when I have time. They are generally a reward to myself for a job well done or a particularly good day.
    :) good philosophy. I wish it was like this for me, but I seem to have fallen into a schedule. I have my thursday night smoke watching boston legal, my saturday night smoke after my chinese take away, then another random reward cigar whenever there is a particularly nice sunset i want to go and watch or a friend comes over.

Everyone loves a poll!

I tend to smoke roughly 6-7 a week, usually the larger ones 54x7 on the weekend watching a game or something.
    And having a cigar with The Sopranos and Boston Legal is always a must!
    “ Laughter relaxes. And relaxation is spiritual.”

I love to have one on a warm night sitting by the pool. This is when I get to enjoy my cigars in the nice weather, since I can't smoke inside the house

I usually smoke 1 when I get home from work, but with my schedual I have alot of days off and sometimes can't help having 3-4. I get bored and I light up!

As a noob to cigars, i am around 2-3 per week. Usually after dinner when I am in a good relaxed mood. Get a glass of scotch and a book and head outside. I don't really have a go-to stick yet so I am trying a little bit of everything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    YEP! I just make sure I deserve one at least once a day......twice daily if the delusion is plausible enough!! Oh, and I never let my wife decide if I "deserve" one.

Ok, another question to tack on to this: Does anyone here feel they are either physically or psychologically addicted or dependant on Cigars?

I usually have one on the ride home and two on the weekend days.

Nope, not at all. I did get my fiance off of smoking cigarettes and she is currently trying different cigars at JR Cigar every other week, (a trip I just love!) The other night when I got home from NYC she had one going on the porch and it was magnificent.
    But addicted No.
    “ Laughter relaxes. And relaxation is spiritual.”

Yeah, no physical addiction here either. I may have an addiction to collecting the things though.

Oddly enough, I usually only smoke during the week after work. A cigar, a good book & some beverage (usually scotch or bourbon) and I'm set. Thursday nights are an exception because of the pool league I participate in. Usually, I go through two stogies then.

Sean

Depending on time, and if I actually wake up early enough on the weekends for a smoke and coffee, I smoke 1-2 a week. At most I believe I have smoked 3-4 in a day (either bachelor's party or out in the golf course).

Once you start scheduling to smoke, it takes away the joy from it. Because if it's too windy, too cold, too hot, or too many mosquitos, or whatever else factors in, it ruins the enjoyability. That's why when you actually take the time to smoke, spontaneously, everything just seems to fall into place. That's when I get the most out of my smokes. It's my stress reliever.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyCold5 View Post
    spontaneously, everything just seems to fall into place. That's when I get the most out of my smokes. It's my stress reliever.

Andrew
    Spontaneously! I love it. I may try this from time to time

I'm usually around 1-2 a week, although I want to do it more now in the summer since it's nice out and I have more free time. I can't smoke inside, so the winter is no fun. I'd probably smoke more if it wasn't for the wife, same as drinking.

Bare minimum seven per week. On a good week, I may do as many as 15, but that's not often. I probably average about 10 per week.

Addicted? Hell no. Sometimes due to circumstances I don't have one for a few days, and while I enjoy my first smoke after a long break, I don't crave it, nor do I agonize over it or bitch about it. So I guess that passes the test for addiction, as I have seen cigarette smokers when they quit and within hours it ain't pretty.
    Last edited by cigar no baka; 05-22-2007 at 12:59 PM.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

9 months ago, it was one every Friday, I was able to keep pretty consistant with that. Now, it is 2-3 during the week any tiime I get a chance. I rarely smoke on Friday nights anymore. I also have found the joy of getting up early on Sunday mornings and enjoying a good morning smoke.

So that makes a total of 3-5 a week.

As far as being dependant, I don't think I am, but I get really fustrated when I don't have one in a couple days or so.

8-9 for me.

I'm addicted to relaxation.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I seem to smoke most of mine on the way to work or at wor. Between 4 and 6 a weel mon-fri. On the weekends it just depends on if I have my kids are not, If i have them none, if i dont 2 a day sat and sun. I'm not addicted to them. The last time I had one was friday night at work. Picked up my kids sat morning and have them untill next sunday night. Prob when I will have my next cigar. Of course I miss them (stress release) but its no big deal.

Lets see here...For a 4 month bender last year I was averaging 10+ cigars a day in which I was celebrating my retirement at the age of 33. Now I've settled down and smoke an average of 21+ cigars a week and hopefully I will be cutting that down soon enough. As I don't smoke cigars under the quality of Padron 1926's and Anniversarios and Opus X. This tends to be very expensive so I'm trying to get back into what I started with but its not happening as life is about quality and there is no substitution.

Thread Information