Page 492 of 555 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542 ... LastLast
Results 9,821 to 9,840 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

Blog Entries

It's Saturday morning so it should come as no surprise that I'm having a Padron lonnie maduro with some coffee. I had one yesterday on the golf course as well as a Bolivar RC. Our Serta reps took us out for some fun. Not a bad at work if you ask me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

I had an OR King B this evening. I was under impressed with them at that time, and buried this guy deep in my humidor. What a treat it was this evening!

Decided to take advantage of my geographical location and drop in at cigar city brewing company to take a tour and hang in the tasting room. The tour was awesome and the guide loved beer. Loved as in we drank the entire tour. Had 4 crafts down in the 40 minute tour then hit the tasting room.

side bar: Ybor city has a hand rolled cigar factory called Tabanero which claims to have cuban artisans hand roll all of their cigars. Now Im sure every master roller can roll as good as a cuban but anyway this is what it says on their ads.

So back to cigar city, in the tasting room there was a female cuban master roller rolling cigars in a corner. Was pretty cool to watch her hand roll cigars but the ones she rolled were not for sale. They would be too moist to smoke so she had a humidor behind her which had Tabanero sticks of all kinds. I bought 2-6x52 sungrown toro's. I wanted torpedos but she told me she didnt roll them so I bought the toro's that she had rolled previously. Should have bought the torpedos.

We were going to a dinner reservation so didnt smoke it there,smoked it when I got home...this cigar was not so good. It felt really light for a 52 gauge so I thought it may be a little dry. Was wrong again, it was actually moist-too moist to smoke very well. had to double puff to get smoke and the cigar tasted young. So im glad I bought 2. Ill keep the other for a bit in the humidor.

Great tour, great beer, great experience just wish the cigar was better. Ive been on a 4 in a row streak of barely smokable cigars. Hope tomorrow brings better tidings

Sancho Panza Glorioso with Cigar City cucumber saison (awesome) and Cigar city Red Tocobaga (decent)

Happy to finally get a cigar this week that smoked well. pretty good stick

Blog Entries

AF Hemingway Signature - maduro
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Flora De Oliva Gold

Its funny how cigars work. I buy an 8 dollar CAO maduro and it cannot be smoked due to construction. I buy a 6 dollar Brickhouse and its bitter throughout. An HP upmann reserve Churchill that again cant be smoked. I smoke a Flora De Oliva gold and the only complaint is that its a bit mild. A maduro would have been better but this was a pretty good smoke. I am seriously considering making this or the cheap sancho panza my everyday smokes. They are better than alot of the higher dollar premium stuff. Its no Anejo but the Flora De oliva is well worth the price when compared to some of the more expensive stuff out there.Id rather pay 2 bux for something I can smoke than 8 bux for something that looks and smells nice but smokes like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Right up my alley. The pour is a little short though.

Only found time for one cigar this weekend and it was a MF la Antiguedad. Another excellent offering from MF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    Right up my alley. The pour is a little short though.
    I had to show control with the wife watchin.lol

Last night I revisited my first ever cigar. Had a El Diablo picante.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DanB6177 View Post
    Flora De Oliva Gold
    Dan, I like reading your stories. I can't attest to everyone else's feelings though. I just think that cigars have stories that go along with them. We are living in such a "twitter" society where everyone just communicates in the absolute barest form possible. This is becoming acceptable and I don't like it! So, I welcome your added commentary. We will rebel against the ignorant "idiocracy" masses!

Now, let make a caveat to this: I love my wife, but she can add a whole lot of irrelevant information to any story so fast that you'll think you fell in a sinkhole of verbal mediocrity. I am not suggesting text for text's sake. But, if you must add a lot of worthless chatter, I recommend doing it in a triple post!
    puro pot pass VI loser

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post
    Dan, I like reading your stories. I can't attest to everyone else's feelings though. I just think that cigars have stories that go along with them. We are living in such a "twitter" society where everyone just communicates in the absolute barest form possible. This is becoming acceptable and I don't like it! So, I welcome your added commentary. We will rebel against the ignorant "idiocracy" masses!

Now, let make a caveat to this: I love my wife, but she can add a whole lot of irrelevant information to any story so fast that you'll think you fell in a sinkhole of verbal mediocrity. I am not suggesting text for text's sake. But, if you must add a lot of worthless chatter, I recommend doing it in a triple post!
    LOL. Padron 3000M
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post

Triple post..got it. Lol I know I ramble from time to time

Been smoking these nicaraguan seconds lately while i wait on better sticks to arrive. There actually pretty good but they are hit and miss. One was badly rolled and could not be smoked. Last night had a good one though with a 6 of jai alai.
    Last edited by DanB6177; 07-24-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Blog Entries

The promotion list came out today. Looks like I'm going to be a captain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    The promotion list came out today. Looks like I'm going to be a captain.
    Congratulations! I'll be smoking a La Aurora Preferidio Corojo #1 this evening in celebration of your good fortune and hard work.

Please note as always that due to the poor construction of these cigars, I have to cut them in advance, then sticky the wrapper (Mr. Pectin) to keep it from unraveling; put them back in my humidor for a few days and THEN, I can smoke them. I've had one ready for a week now, so it is TIME!
    puro pot pass VI loser

Gurkha royal challenge torpedo with Invasion pale ale.

La Aroma de Cuba Immensa with Cigar city florida cracker. The first pic is actually with an invasion pale ale but i switched to florida cracker after the first. This is a huge 60 gauge stick- my first gordo. Excellent cigar with a 2 hour burn was absolutely blissful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	3772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	3773

have a question for anyone who has smoked one of these. Im still a neophyte when it comes to recognizing flavors. Im getting there as my palat matures but not there yet. This cigar had a taste that I tasted in the anejo shark I smoked. Now the shark was better by far but the taste in this was very similar to the shark. I wonder what the flavor is that im tasting. I can recognize the spice and pepper even the cocoa in this stick but the taste after the nose and before the finish is so like the shark. I do not know what it is. perhaps leather? ( i cannot identify leather in a cigar) maybe something else. If anyone has smoked this and knows let me know. Either way gonna get more of these. And more florida cracker-what an awesome drink
    Last edited by DanB6177; 07-26-2014 at 07:48 AM.

Tabanero Bocado Maduro had this at cigar city with pretty much everything. We did sample boats so mixed it up. That ends my two weeks of touring and drinking cigar city Pretty much exclusively. I miss my stouts and porters. Fun two weeks tho

After breakfast with a nice big mug of Folgers....

Thread Information