Page 3 of 555 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's smokes......

1. Default

Smoked a Farm Rolled ISOM Belicoso. It had a really dark wrapper and a good dose of ligero. I had to get out of my car and walk around about half way through it. It kicked my ass.

i just got back from mexico for a week and this is what i smoked.

2 fake cohibas that were actually pretty damn good
    2 other fake cohibas that were awful
    1 fake MC ISOM that was awful (i paid $2 a piece for them)
    1 edge maduro torpedo
    1 java (not wafe)
    1 davidoff millenium torpedo or pyrimid (not sure what its called) best cigar of the week!
    1 graycliff crystal taco which i really didn't care for

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i just got back from mexico for a week and this is what i smoked.

2 fake cohibas that were actually pretty damn good
    2 other fake cohibas that were awful
    1 fake MC ISOM that was awful (i paid $2 a piece for them)
    1 edge maduro torpedo
    1 java (not wafe)
    1 davidoff millenium torpedo or pyrimid (not sure what its called) best cigar of the week!
    1 graycliff crystal taco which i really didn't care for

If you find a REAL ISOM in Mexico, let me know - I'm sure there are, but the question is "WHERE"???? Also, watch out for the fake Opus X's - From what I've heard, they seem to be floating around there pretty freely...

I'm curious about what you thought of the Java, and the Edge "missile" (maduro torpedo)...

I completely agree on the Graycliff - a "decent" cigar, but certainly not worth the hype or the price...

And the Davidoff Millenium I wish I could afford to smoke those regularly...

Blog Entries

Yesterday's smokes:
    Carlos Torano Exodux 1959 Toro (on the way home from work)
    Añejo #48 (on the way to Boston to see The Fools )
    Opus X Reserva D'Chateau (on the way back from the show)

"The Fools" show was fantastic, these guys are a Boston-based band that's been around since the early 1970's. Most of them are well into their 50's and can still put on a great show!! I wound up going by myself because my wimpy "old" friends all backed out at the last minute (either that or they really don't like me since I'm such a prick )

Today (so far):
    Quintero Brevas (on the way to the NAPA parts store)
    San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe (sitting outside relaxing after doing some yard work and gardening)
    Montecristo #2 (with a glass of port from Degrazia Vineyards as I type this). Degrazia has a new port called "Blacksmith" which is not listed on their website that is FANTASTIC. Degrazia is a Connecticut vineyard located in Brookfield, CT. My ex-wife works at another Connecticut Vineyard right up the road in Warren, CT called Hopkins Vineyard but they don't make a port
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-04-2005 at 11:25 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

5. Default

I'm in the process of taking all the really good smokes out of a pass hosted by George on another board. I might have a really Sublime smoke tonight.

baccarat "the game", don't really enjoy them as much like i did when i first started smoking

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    I'm in the process of taking all the really good smokes out of a pass hosted by George on another board. I might have a really Sublime smoke tonight.

BASTID!!! I wanted that one!!!! But I did like what you put in place of it!!!

Smoke the LE05!!! You'll love it!!!

Tomorrow is my "official" smoking day!!! I can't wait - in the back yard, tiki torches going, martini in one hand, ceegar in the other... Aaaahhhhhhhhh...

Now - decision, decisions... What to smoke... If I can get a hold of ol' AlexGTP I may be in business!!!

SFG75 Guest

Friday-cognac infused at home dog rocket
    Saturday-Mayorga robusto
    Sunday-None,too busy
    Monday(June 2nd)-Padron 2000 in 90 degree weather while the kids swam outside. Allergies are now kicking my @$$ and I'm about to log out and go plug out my eye balls.

Default I hope Gran Cru No. 2 will be proud of me!

Today was a THREE cigar day!

My morning cigar was a Fuente DC Sungrown. Lunchtime found me with a Torano Silver Grand Churchill and tonight I finish with a Patel Edge in natural and I must say that they are an interesting cigar.

My first of the RP Edge that I smoked a while back was a darker wrap (maduro?). It was a great tasting powerhouse smoke. A couple weeks later I picked up a few more, lit one up and I couldn't stand it (taste wise).

Last week I was in FLA and visited Cigar Depot in Brandon (?). They had both the dark wrap and a natural. So I brought home a few nat's of the Edge hoping they'd be better.

I cut the tip off just a few minutes ago and drew in on the unlit cigar. The air that had been sitting in the cigar was so sharp it stung the back of my throat!

I'm smoking it now with a cup of coffee (smoking the cigar not the coffee) and it actually seems pretty mild but I am only on the first couple of inches.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAB

My morning cigar was a Fuente DC Sungrown. Lunchtime found me with a Torano Silver Grand Churchill and tonight I finish with a Patel Edge in natural and I must say that they are an interesting cigar.

My first of the RP Edge that I smoked a while back was a darker wrap (maduro?). It was a great tasting powerhouse smoke. A couple weeks later I picked up a few more, lit one up and I couldn't stand it (taste wise).

Last week I was in FLA and visited Cigar Depot in Brandon (?). They had both the dark wrap and a natural. So I brought home a few nat's of the Edge hoping they'd be better.

I cut the tip off just a few minutes ago and drew in on the unlit cigar. The air that had been sitting in the cigar was so sharp it stung the back of my throat!

I'm smoking it now with a cup of coffee (smoking the cigar not the coffee) and it actually seems pretty mild but I am only on the first couple of inches.
    i smoke one or two edge by RP a week. there is a bit of an incosistancy in the flavor and especially the ash color. i've only had one that i didn't enjoy, despite the inconsistancy. and the lighter wrapper is corojo. i like the maduro much better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    HdM Dark Sumatra while at the beach.... a little to windy to smoke, but it was still a good day (5/29)
    Hey, I just had one of these for the first time yesterday. I got the sampler box of HdM Dark Sumatras...two of each size. I hadn't ever had them, but I've enjoyed HdM Excaliburs, so I gave it a shot. The one I smoked yesterday was the Espresso (the rothschild size). It was very nutty & chocolaty, and I did like the flavor. I had a little bit too tight of a draw on this one...but this was because my humidor was running too wet. I've toned things down in the humi and look forward to trying these again.

well i enjoyed a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur tonight on the porch, cigarillo, just wanted a quick smoke tonight, i believe summer is almost here, nice warm night, crickets chirping, oh yeah

Blog Entries

I forgot what I had on Sunday but Monday's cigars were (6/6/05):
    RASCC
    SLR Serie A
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I didn't get to smoke yesterday...

But I did have a Davidoff Grand Cru and a La Vieja Habana Early Years Wavell on Sunday!!!

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MMAB
    Now this just isn't right, I'm jealous. I'm visiting some relatives for the next two days. I'll be without stogies and internet connection for two days.

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    Now this just isn't right, I'm jealous. I'm visiting some relatives for the next two days. I'll be without stogies and internet connection for two days.
    Damn!!! Now what am I supposed to do....

<crickets>

Oh, Rohan......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Damn!!! Now what am I supposed to do....

<crickets>

Oh, Rohan......

LMAO @ George

OH ROHAM, where are ya?

(Probably vacuuming his car )
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Oh, I forgot, today's cigars:

NONE

Well, as far as I'm concerned, Tuesday really isn't over yet because I'm still at "work" so whatever I smoke in the car on the way home I'll have to tell you about but technically it will have to count as a "Wednesday" smoke so stay tuned
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    The internet connection I can undertstand, but why would you have to go without stogies?
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

LMAO..... I think he has you guys on "IGNORE"

Thread Information