Page 44 of 555 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's smokes......

Torano Signature Churchill. Not used to smoking that long of a stick.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Pomegranates: 0
    Funky Chickens: 2

Fonseca Cadete last night while walking the dogs.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon

4. Default

Yesterday was my birthday so I smoked a Custom Roll Taboda Torpedo.

Smoked a Cuban PUNCH PUNCH with a great cup of coffee !
    Man thats the life.
    "Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    -- Mark Twain

i had a montesino toro maduro today. although i couldn't enjoy it for very long as i had to go do some chores. very nice smoke though.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

La Casa Grande Maduro Torpedo
    Partagas Black Label Bravo
    N.O.L.A.

Blog Entries

October 7th:
    Rafael Gonzales Coronas Extra
    Saint Luis Rey Petit Corona
    Opus X Reserva D'Chateau
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

9. Default

Gurkha Legend in the hot tub. Oh baby, love me down....what a fantastic smokey smoke!

10. Default

October 8th -

Padron 1926 #9 (5 1/4 x 56) ...

I really enjoyed the taste, the draw, nice even burn. Quite a treat.

11. Default

7 Oct

It was an old Portagee's dream come true. The Queen Mary 2 and another big cruise boat were in town on a gloomy Friday evening. I had left work a little early and knew the wife wouldn't be home for another hour or so. The rain was holding out, so I thought I'd take a gamble on having a smoke down by the water...

Thanks to hex, I had a half a box of the new Reo by Rocky Patel (and Eddie Ortega and someone else) and I could not WAIT to try one...

All I can do is echo what has already been said about the Reo. It was full flavored from the very first taste, held a tight ash, had a nice draw, produced plenty of smoke... everything you'd expect from a smoke with Rocky's name on it.

One thing I found interesting: as it started to get hot near the end, it actually seemed to increase in flavor. Man, that was cool.

Joya De Nicaragua Celbracion. Very disappointing smoke. The flavor was nice and full, smooth, 1st ash half the cigar, good draw, BUT it was very difficult to light, burned unevenly, had to be re-lit twice, and the wrapper fell apart on me and I punched it with the smallest punch I could. I have another in my humi and will post a review once I've had that one. Was disappointed though with this smoke, had heard good things. I didn't even finish the last 1/3rd. Hopefully the other one will be better off.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

13. Default

October 9th -

Opus XXX (thanks sarge), smoked this at the beach...beautiful day btw.

I think this (correct me if I'm wrong) is one of the shortest Opus X's you can get...4 5/8 X 49. Well this thing kicked my butt (took it easy too)! What a potent little bomb...this is definitely a big boy cigar NOT to be handled lightly. I was amazed at how long this bad boy lasted too...nice slow / even burn too. I can definitely say this is the type of smoke that would be worth aging a while.

Nice last 3 days though...I got to smoke some really good cigars (in honor of my b-day a week ago). Too bad it can't be like this every day :).

CAO Gold Corona Gorda. Looked nice, perfect draw, lots of smoke, Unfortunately, no body apart from a creamy texture, too mild. Ah well, always worth trying something new, but not this again.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

10/9:
    Gurkha Legend Torp
    AF 8-5-8 Maduro
    LGC Serie R #6
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Oh, man... Where do I start... Land of Lincoln Herf Weekend, so lots of smokes in there...

Started out with an Opus X Petit Lancero on the way down. Then I smoked a Por Laranga PC (ISOM).

Saturday started out with a Forbidden X. Next was a La Luna I was gifted (not bad). On to a 1991 Montecristo Joyita (ISOM) I was also gifted. I ended the evening with a RASS (ISOM) I bought at the auction.

While smoking I had some Johnny Walker Blue Label, some Montecristo ISOM Rum, some very nice Portugese port wine, and some Stagg special edition Bourbon (over the course of a 12 hour day)

I know I'm missing some smokes in between there - what a great time!!!

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    "Oh, man... Where do I start... Land of Lincoln Herf Weekend, so lots of smokes in there..."
    ....awesome, now that's having a good time!

A/F Don Carlos Double Robusto
    La Aurora 1903 #2 Maduro Preferido

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959. Another one handed to me by Baron Porthos. Thanks again. It aided in that Packers win!!!

10/10
    3x3 corona
    N.O.L.A.

Thread Information