Page 451 of 555 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,020 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

Blog Entries

Davidoff Gran Cru No. 2
    Davidoff Nicaragua Toro

Probably just blew my cigar budget for the month of August.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Padron 1926 #35 maduro. Yum.

Opus X XXX Power Ranger. Been sitting patiently in my humidor for 6 years. Very nice.

La Zona after lunch and a Rocky Patel X-Out after dinner.
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Blog Entries

5 Vegas Cask Strength

Probably should have let this one age for the rest of my life. It was very underwhelming.

Blog Entries

JLP Petit Cazadores JUL 08 - Last smoked a couple years ago according to my records. It (or at least this example) has finally lost the tannins of a young cigar. Nothing complicated or refined, just sweet-tasting tobacco. Also underwhelming, but one can't expect much at the price.

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    JLP Petit Cazadores JUL 08 - Last smoked a couple years ago according to my records. It (or at least this example) has finally lost the tannins of a young cigar. Nothing complicated or refined, just sweet-tasting tobacco. Also underwhelming, but one can't expect much at the price.
    I've never known Jose Piedra's to be anything but underwhelming, but with age on them they sure are a pleasant cigar. More made for green tea as opposed to cask strength Scotch...

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375557518.235440.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	3507

RyJ Short Churchill with some Brooklyn Oktoberfest. Gonna pop a bottle of Brooklyn Local 1 tonight and face plant a batch of grilled chicken wings.

Blog Entries

I have had some nice JLP Conservas, but all JLP's are stalk-cut Remedios tobacco after all. The other choice typically available at that price level (gas station cigars) is Guantanamera...

Los Statos de Luxe (short filller) are occasionally available in the same price range, but I find them incredibly strong and coarse.

Padron 3000 Natural this morning.

10. Default

Playboy Hugh Hefner
    Troya
    Don Carlos
    and a "to be determined" with a couple of Weller 12s

Enjoying an Alec Bradley ASG right now even though I have a head cold. Great flavors and burn.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	3509

RASS- with a nice Gluntz Sangria.

Blog Entries

August 2nd:
    Aņejo 50

I found it rolling around in the bottom of the coolerdor. Must have had some age on it because WOW, it was fantastic!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Enjoying a Padron 3000 Natural. Smoked a Berger and Argenti Entubar earlier tonight. Burned like shit and the wrapper split in three places.

Team Blowholes owns the Whiny Bitches!

Blog Entries

August 3rd:

Cohiba 2003 Edicion Limitada Double Corona.

What a complete piece of $hit.

I've had this in the humi for almost ten years, it was either from a pass or a gift. Either way, I had no doubts this cigar was real.

It smoked and tasted like crap right from the get go. Then I measured it, the ring was 48, not 49 and it was only 7 3/8" long, not 7 5/8." Then I removed the band and the glue was suspect. Bottom line is this piece of garbage was about as fake as you can get.

I tossed it about half way through, right after I hit a vein which pretty much rendered it unsmokeable and lit up a Muniemaker which was far better than the fake Koheeba.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 08-04-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    August 3rd:

Cohiba 2003 Edicion Limitada Double Corona.

What a complete piece of $hit.

I've had this in the humi for almost ten years, it was either from a pass or a gift. Either way, I had no doubts this cigar was real.

It smoked and tasted like crap right from the get go. Then I measured it, the ring was 48, not 49 and it was only 7 3/8" long, not 7 5/8." Then I removed the band and the glue was suspect. Bottom line is this piece of garbage was about as fake as you can get.

I tossed it about half way through, right after I hit a vein which pretty much rendered it unsmokeable and lit up a Muniemaker which was far better than the fake Koheeba.
    I'd love to know where you got that Kohiba EL from - perhaps oblik?

A blast from the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Oblik View Post
    I have a box of Cohiba Eplendidos and abouta half a box of Cohiba Robustos. I am more willing to trade for the Esplendidos as the Robusos are my favorite. But, a good offer might make me think.
    Last edited by ggiese; 08-04-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Blog Entries

8-4-13
    CLE corojo corona
    Cohiba lancero

...btw - sorry for the inside joke between myself and cc86. Oblik was the 'cause' of me joining this forum. He was well known in the broader cigar board community as selling/trading a whole bunch of fake Cuban Cohiba cigars. After being Chased out of virtually every decent board because he refused to make good, he shows up here and sets up his lemonade stand...

People like oblik are one of the big reasons why people with few initial posts that are eager to sell/trade are met with serious scrutiny.
    Last edited by ggiese; 08-05-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    ...btw - sorry for the inside joke between myself and cc86. Oblik was the 'cause' of me joining this forum. He was well known in the broader cigar board community as selling/trading a whole bunch of fake Cuban Cohiba cigars. After being Chased out of virtually every decent board because he refused to make good, he shows up here and sets up his lemonade stand...

People like oblik are one of the big reasons why people with few initial posts that are eager to sell/trade are met with serious scrutiny.
    Oh that scamming little MFing THIEF! He was from New Mexico and was actually heard bragging in his local cigar shop about how he scams a bunch of people on line selling them fake Koheebas on LetsTalkCigars among other places.

Ah, the good old days George!

Speaking of "LetsTalkCigars" that whole fiasco has to be one of the funniest ever.

Two teenage punks, Zac Herrin and Corey "Faget" from Seal Beach, CA start a half-assed cigar board, the only three posters are Oblik selling & trading fake cigars and a blowhard "The Father" who had serious issues and larrynj who joined up and toyed with these losers and they never figured it out. Zac spams CigarPass, we all go over and "join" then Scroto and PuroFat back-stab us after Zac makes them "mods," Zac makes the board "private" and includes larrynj and Kevin7 realizes he has no more traffic, goes back public, we $hit all over him for a couple of years, he abandons the board, the "Island" (of the Misfit Toys as it became to be known as) is set on fire and while it's burning to the ground, two dopes supposedly "buy" the letstalkcigars domain and turn it into something to do with some radio station they own in California. They post some crap for a few years about cigars and food and finally get bored with it and now it's this:

http://www.letstalkcigars.com/

Moral of the story is it's generally NOT a good idea to start a cigar board when you have no clue. The Big Yeasty and Jon Caputo are living examples as well.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 08-05-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Cool

La Aroma De Cuba Immensa with my coffee on the front porch

Thread Information