Page 45 of 555 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145545 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's smokes......

1. Default

Carlos Torano 1959 Exodous ...had to see what all the hype was about. Man this was a tasty treat!

Afternoon: Arturo Fuentes Don Carlos #4
    Early Evening: Bolivar '05 Robusto
    Late Evening: Padron Anniversary Maduro '64 Torpedo with a very, very large glass of 10 year old Fonseca Tawny Port...

Edited: The morning after the night before syndrome...oh, wooo...was a tad out of it...sorry...
    Last edited by Neuromancer; 10-12-2005 at 09:21 AM.

Sorry...threadjack over...

edited: See above (^)...
    Last edited by Neuromancer; 10-12-2005 at 09:21 AM.

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. Gotta say, I wasn't overwhelmed by the cigar. A good smoke, good construction, although the draw was a bit tight. Overall, probably an 85. I'd much rather smoke a Toraņo 1956 over a Patel Vintage.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

5. Default

Oct 10

Had a Sherpa something or other from a CI brownbag. Rather nice little smoke. Burned well, had a good flavor to it. Nothing I'd really write home about, but it provided a nice break from Home Theater Hell. (reorganizing all my entertainment electronics...ugh!)

Sorry about your loss, Neuro...

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. Gotta say, I wasn't overwhelmed by the cigar. A good smoke, good construction, although the draw was a bit tight. Overall, probably an 85. I'd much rather smoke a Toraņo 1956 over a Patel Vintage.
    I hear the '92 is supposed to be better. The '90 is labeled to be a medium, whearas the '92 is supposed to be a medum-full. They use a completely different wrapper between the two (but you hafta give up on those 2 extra years of wrapper aging).

On a seperate note, no new cigars to report, however, i'll probably be lighting up a Te Amo Anniversario Maduro with a friend within the next few days.
    "A good cigar, a good cutter, good friends and a good 3700° F lighter is all you really need." ~Me

Cohiba Red Dot

8. Default

October 12th -

H. Upmann Cameroon. Nice even burn, easy draw...other than that I was unimpressed...pretty tasteless.

Being a newbie, I'm starting to really enjoy having a good flavored cigar like the Torano 1959 or the Padron 1926 #9 (recommended from a smoke shop I went to)

Taste is starting to become one of my #1's when smoking a stoag...

Blog Entries

October 11th:
    Montecristo #2
    Something else but I forgot...

October 12th:
    Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro Imperial
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Onyx Reserve Robusto

Rated "94" by Cigar Insider.

Heavy manure aroma. This is a very good thing. Must be the Connecticut broadleaf wrapper. A rich, medium-bodied smoke.
    "There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar. " -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeman
    Heavy manure aroma. This is a very good thing.
    Somehow, I can't imagine seeing that in a CA review... :)

Last night...

Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus (thanks godfather!)

VERY nice little fingerburner! And damn near one of the prettiest cigars I've ever seen....

Last night I smoked a Victor Sinclair Series 55

Last night I had a Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real...great flavor, even draw...a relaxing night.

yesterday, perdomo 2 torfecto mad. and a Conn. by Rocky Patel

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    October 12th -

H. Upmann Cameroon. Nice even burn, easy draw...other than that I was unimpressed...pretty tasteless.

Being a newbie, I'm starting to really enjoy having a good flavored cigar like the Torano 1959 or the Padron 1926 #9 (recommended from a smoke shop I went to)

Taste is starting to become one of my #1's when smoking a stoag...
    i almost replied "dude, those aren't flavored cigars." but then i realized it was just a funny wording.

last night, had a AF WOAM. most i've ever enjoyed a fuente. (except DCMax)

CAO Braziia Gol Robusto
    Earthy, full-bodied, toasted with a hint of cocoa.
    Good, but not a memorable smoke.
    "There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar. " -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Fire petite corona at lunch

Gurkha regent class torpedo when I got home.

Default Arturo Fuente Royal Salute

I had an incredible AF Royal Salute Sun Grown tonight . My first and what a great smoke . I have 2 more in storage - now all I have to do is find a couple more 2 hour time frames to enjoy them .

Romeo y Julieta. . . ot sure what kind :/ (it came naked from the box and was pretty small).

Padron 4000. Started off as one of the best inexpensive smokes I've had, lit better than the PAM '64's I've had. But, the last 1/3 exhibited such a harshness, it was like I was chewing the tobacco in my mouth. The first 2/3's were awesome though. I'll have to try a couple more before a box though, don't like to waste 1/3 a cigar.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Thread Information