Page 533 of 555 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543 ... LastLast
Results 10,641 to 10,660 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

Arturo Fuente Anejo No. 77 "shark". One of my last two... Awesome smoke! But bittersweet, because it seems as though I won't be getting anymore anytime soon.
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

"Internet quotes are always 100% accurate." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries

Padron 3000M with coffee
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    I've had the naturals and have a bunch of the maduro's but haven't yet tried the sungrown. What did you think of it? If you've smoked a maduro, how would you compare it?

Thanks! :)
    I can't compare to a Maduro. I've had 3 Natural, 1 Sungrown and no Maduro. I like the Naturals and the SunGrown. I would have to have a few more back to back to even give a fair comparison of the natural and sungrown. Plus, I'm a little partial to cameroon wrappers which the naturals have. You can't go wrong though. Look what kingbeefy and BowHuntnHoosier said about the SunGrown. I'm sure these guys have smoked more of the sungrowns than myself.

Happy Smoking!
    Last edited by EdgeMan; 12-10-2016 at 07:41 PM.
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Yesterday:

Morning - Daniel Marshall Red Corona w/ Community Dark Roast

Evening - Drew Estate Undercrown Corona w/ The Balvenie Doublewood 12 yr

Today:

Morning - JDN Fuerte Serie B w/ Community Dark Roast

Evening- LFD Air Bender w/ Clown Shoes Chocolate Sombrero (Mexican-style chocolate stout)

Life is good.
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER View Post
    Yesterday:

Morning - Daniel Marshall Red Corona w/ Community Dark Roast

Evening - Drew Estate Undercrown Corona w/ The Balvenie Doublewood 12 yr

Today:

Morning - JDN Fuerte Serie B w/ Community Dark Roast

Evening- LFD Air Bender w/ Clown Shoes Chocolate Sombrero (Mexican-style chocolate stout)

Life is good.
    Community Dark Roast? Nice... You must be from the south. Love that coffee. It's my staple. The
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeMan View Post
    Community Dark Roast? Nice... You must be from the south. Love that coffee. It's my staple. The
    Yep, Louisiana. It's plentiful here, but until recently was extremely hard to find in other states. I was mailing it to friends in SC who tried it here and couldn't live without it afterwards... Ha! They've since found an online source for it. I hate traveling to places where decent coffee cannot be obtained at any price. Although, one must be careful what he asks for North of the Mason-Dixon line, as the term "decent coffee" can be vastly misinterpreted by someone who has never even heard of Community Dark Roast. I've learned to make room in my suitcase for 3 pounds or so (enough to enjoy, as well as share with the uninitiated) when I travel.

7. Default

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, Louisiana. It's plentiful here, but until recently was extremely hard to find in other states. I was mailing it to friends in SC who tried it here and couldn't live without it afterwards... Ha! They've since found an online source for it. I hate traveling to places where decent coffee cannot be obtained at any price. Although, one must be careful what he asks for North of the Mason-Dixon line, as the term "decent coffee" can be vastly misinterpreted by someone who has never even heard of Community Dark Roast. I've learned to make room in my suitcase for 3 pounds or so (enough to enjoy, as well as share with the uninitiated) when I travel.
    That sounds yummy. I may have to get you to send some (if you're willing of course) to my daughter in Portland, OR next June so I can try it when I go there to visit.

I know most of you in the US have never heard of Tim Hortons but it's kind of like the Canadian equivalent of a Dunkin Donuts.......only with far superior coffee. Timmies is VERY popular up here and you can buy their coffee bulk in most any grocery store (if not in fact, every grocery store)

I've been drinking Timmie's Dark Roast lately. The dark roast has a nice strong flavor without ever being bitter. It pairs well with any cigar and I'll me drinking some with the AF Shark (my last until the split gets here) I'm going to smoke this afternoon...........assuming it warms up enough for the heater in my trailer to run...........LOL

Smoked a Te-Amo #4 yesterday with my coffee.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

That sounds yummy. I may have to get you to send some (if you're willing of course) to my daughter in Portland, OR next June so I can try it when I go there to visit.

I know most of you in the US have never heard of Tim Hortons but it's kind of like the Canadian equivalent of a Dunkin Donuts.......only with far superior coffee. Timmies is VERY popular up here and you can buy their coffee bulk in most any grocery store (if not in fact, every grocery store)

I've been drinking Timmie's Dark Roast lately. The dark roast has a nice strong flavor without ever being bitter. It pairs well with any cigar and I'll me drinking some with the AF Shark (my last until the split gets here) I'm going to smoke this afternoon...........assuming it warms up enough for the heater in my trailer to run...........LOL

Smoked a Te-Amo #4 yesterday with my coffee.

Definitely not a problem. And it most certainly IS yummy! I have yet to find a coffee that even comes close to it. Just PM me your daughter's addy, and it'll be waiting for you when you get there. When are you going?

This morning:

- E.P. Carrillo INCH No. 62 Natural w/ Community Dark Roast
    (Excellent coffee, not impressed with the smoke)

This evening:

- Probably nothing, if this crazy wind doesn't die down...
    (Wishing I'd picked something better this morning)

Definitely not a problem. And it most certainly IS yummy! I have yet to find a coffee that even comes close to it. Just PM me your daughter's addy, and it'll be waiting for you when you get there. When are you going?

This morning:

- E.P. Carrillo INCH No. 62 Natural w/ Community Dark Roast
    (Excellent coffee, not impressed with the smoke)

This evening:

- Probably nothing, if this crazy wind doesn't die down...
    (Wishing I'd picked something better this morning)
    Cool, that's very kind of you SPEED. I will most certainly PM you the addy when we're almost ready to go. If I'm not mistaken, we'll be leaving for Portland the first Saturday in June. I'll bring a 1 lb bag of the Tim Hortons dark roast to send you back.

Sitting in the man cave smoking that AF Shark I mentioned earlier while sipping that Timmies dark roast. Excellent pairing if I do say so myself!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Cool, that's very kind of you SPEED. I will most certainly PM you the addy when we're almost ready to go. If I'm not mistaken, we'll be leaving for Portland the first Saturday in June. I'll bring a 1 lb bag of the Tim Hortons dark roast to send you back.

Sitting in the man cave smoking that AF Shark I mentioned earlier while sipping that Timmies dark roast. Excellent pairing if I do say so myself!
    Awesome! Sounds like an even swap deal to me! Enjoy that AF SHARK, I'm a little jealous, they're extremely scarce as of late... Can't complain much though, I was fortunate enough to have enjoyed one a few days ago, and I still have one more in the humi.

Blog Entries

Default Coffee Time

I'm in Louisiana also. My grandparents drank Community Coffee Dark Roast. I started young. I do like trying a lot of different beans though. However, you will always find Community in my cabinets. We have Brookshires grocery stores here and two of the stores in the Shreveport/Bossier area have whole beans with a grinder right there. They have around 20 or so flavors. I usually get the French Roast (Dark)... Columbian which is smoother compared to the French Roast. It is really not a fair comparison with the "French Roast Dark" and the "Columbian Supremo" as they are totally different profiles. Both good coffee though. If you have a Brookshires near you see if they have the whole beans section. If not, I will gladly send you some of each of the two I mentioned. Matter of fact, PM me your address and Santa will see to it that you get some of each.

hmmm Do we have a Coffee thread here?
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Blog Entries

Default Today's smokes......

Las Calaveras Edicion Limitada 2016 LC46 6" * 46 - with Community Dark Roast at midnight.

Crowned Heads - Day Of The Dead

Looks like these are getting hard to come by. Damn.. I say DAYAM good smoke. I have 5 left in two sizes. I should have grabbed the whole box back in August at my local B&M.

Wood (hickory like) and white pepper.
    Chocolate chewy raisin. Full bodied in the first third. This is my third one. VSG type of profile to me.

Last edited by EdgeMan; 12-12-2016 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Refine description
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeMan View Post
    I'm in Louisiana also. My grandparents drank Community Coffee Dark Roast. I started young. I do like trying a lot of different beans though. However, you will always find Community in my cabinets. We have Brookshires grocery stores here and two of the stores in the Shreveport/Bossier area have whole beans with a grinder right there. They have around 20 or so flavors. I usually get the French Roast (Dark)... Columbian which is smoother compared to the French Roast. It is really not a fair comparison with the "French Roast Dark" and the "Columbian Supremo" as they are totally different profiles. Both good coffee though. If you have a Brookshires near you see if they have the whole beans section. If not, I will gladly send you some of each of the two I mentioned. Matter of fact, PM me your address and Santa will see to it that you get some of each.

hmmm Do we have a Coffee thread here?

Same deal with my grandparents. I think it's tradition in most Louisiana families to start your grandkids on "coffee milk" before they're even old enough to properly pronounce it properly. Ha! And this place just wouldn't be home without Community...

No Brookshires anywhere close that I am aware of, but I'm quite a bit further South than you are. If I ever happen across one though, I'll be sure to check out the whole bean coffee section.

I like receiving gifts as much as the next guy, but also enjoy giving, so no anonymous bombs, and expect a return package! That being said, PM inbound! And thanks!

About the coffee thread... I'm not sure, I'll have to check. But if not, we should start one!

Blog Entries

No offense intended, but you really don't want a coffee thread. If you like what you are drinking now, then just keep on enjoying it. The rabbit hole to great coffee can get very deep.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

There was a coffee guy that used to post here, but I think we made him mad or sumptin'.
    Last edited by ashauler; 12-29-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    There was a coffee guy that used to post here, but I think we made him made or sumptin'.
    LOL, I forgot all about him. He was way over-priced for what he was trying to sell if I remember correctly.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    LOL, I forgot all about him. He was way over-priced for what he was trying to sell if I remember correctly.
    Yeah, and his debt collection practices left something to be desired as well.
    I think he even managed to annoy our mod's, and that really isn't all that easy to do, trust me.

Blog Entries

The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

VSG aged by Craig from 2010 with Community dark roast.
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Thread Information