Page 121 of 555 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

bigsmoke Guest

I just smoked a Romeo and Juliet short churchill. A nice cigar. Medium flavour. This particular one also had a great draw.

Blog Entries

Morning- LGC Series R Natural
    Afternoon- CAO Brazillia Cariocas
    Evening- Don Pepin Garcia Invictos

3. Default

Short Story...With a little Wild Turkey.

Finally had an Ashton Aged Maduro. Pretty good smoke.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Enjoyed a 40-degree day with a Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 robusto. Good performer, as always. I prefer the 1990, but both are great.

Enjoyed a Gurkha Nepalese Warrior. Thanks chefchris!

Partagas short while walking the dog.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

tonight, i'm going to have a DCM stanford 90th

DCM robusto is probably my favorite cigar. looking forward to trying this because i love cameroon wrappers, too.

Today I smoked the last of the R&Js I got from that Altadis 4-pack sampler promotion last spring. Fair smoke, not a lot of depth. But certainly not objectionable in any way.

john51277 Guest

Just finished a Rockey Patel Vintage 1990 Sixty Maduro, Nice rich smoke, mmmmmm, I can still taste it!

I had a Cabaiguan Corona Extra with a year of age on it, and a Carlos Torano Exodus 1959. This is my third Exodus 1959 that I have not enjoyed! I'm done with these guys, regardless of everyone elses opinions of them.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Went to the cigar bar last night and enjoyed the following...

Padron 1926 – This cigar had a nice wrapper with no noticeable defects. It lit easily and had an even burn all the way down. The draw was a little hard for the first half of the cigar, but it opened up and was nearly perfect for the second half. I consider this cigar a mild to medium bodied smoke. I have a hard time picking out flavors, especially since I was drinking a glass of Elijah Craig 18 Year bourbon, neat, but I think I detected a bit of a woody flavor. There was no harshness at all and the cigar didn’t get hot until it was just about to burn my fingers. I enjoyed this smoke.

Fuente Fuente Opus X – I’m not sure which Opus X this was…it was between a four or five inch torpedo. This cigar also lit easily and burned perfectly. The draw was nice and even all the way down and I consider this smoke a mild to medium bodied smoke. The flavor was completely different from the Padron 1926. The word ‘creamy’ came to mind as I smoked this one. I smoked this one all the way down…probably a little too far actually, as there was barely anything left to hold onto as I took my last draw.

The Opus X was a little more mild than the Padron 1926. I enjoyed them both very much and would like to thank the BOTLs who hooked me up. Thanks go out to SLC and Hefty!

My apologies...I guess this should have been posted in the review thread and I should have just listed the smokes here.
    Last edited by SideWinder; 02-21-2007 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Apologies..
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."
    Ronald Reagan in a speech given to the Supreme Soviet, September 17, 1990

Quote Originally Posted by SideWinder View Post
    Went to the cigar bar last night and enjoyed the following...

Padron 1926 – This cigar had a nice wrapper with no noticeable defects. It lit easily and had an even burn all the way down. The draw was a little hard for the first half of the cigar, but it opened up and was nearly perfect for the second half. I consider this cigar a mild to medium bodied smoke. I have a hard time picking out flavors, especially since I was drinking a glass of Elijah Craig 18 Year bourbon, neat, but I think I detected a bit of a woody flavor. There was no harshness at all and the cigar didn’t get hot until it was just about to burn my fingers. I enjoyed this smoke.

Fuente Fuente Opus X – I’m not sure which Opus X this was…it was between a four or five inch torpedo. This cigar also lit easily and burned perfectly. The draw was nice and even all the way down and I consider this smoke a mild to medium bodied smoke. The flavor was completely different from the Padron 1926. The word ‘creamy’ came to mind as I smoked this one. I smoked this one all the way down…probably a little too far actually, as there was barely anything left to hold onto as I took my last draw.

The Opus X was a little more mild than the Padron 1926. I enjoyed them both very much and would like to thank the BOTLs who hooked me up. Thanks go out to SLC and Hefty!

My apologies...I guess this should have been posted in the review thread and I should have just listed the smokes here.

Damn, look at you Mr. Premium Cigar Smoker Guy. Must be nice!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

I've got a CAO Black Gothic sitting in my desk drawer here at work with me, I will be going over to my smoking buddies house after work to fire it up. I can't wait to try this one out, I've not had a CAO yet.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    Damn, look at you Mr. Premium Cigar Smoker Guy. Must be nice!
    I owe it all to the BOTLs on the board!
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."

I had a montecristo white label last night while watching the first half of Mr. & Mrs. Smith on my ipod. Good cigar, and entertaining movie so far.

Also, for NJ weather finally warming up a bit.

Smoked a Mac Gold that I got in a trade today. Decent smoke, but not much depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    I had a Cabaiguan Corona Extra with a year of age on it, and a Carlos Torano Exodus 1959. This is my third Exodus 1959 that I have not enjoyed! I'm done with these guys, regardless of everyone elses opinions of them.
    I'll take one for the team here and let you send me any others that are taking up precious room in your humi.

i had a Don Kiki Red Label Torp

this is the 3rd i've smoked from the box i bought about 2 months ago and the first i've really enjoyed, it definately made me forget any bad memories i've had with this stick

It warmed up to the low 50's in Indy yesterday, so it was nice enough while I was grilling the salmon and shoveling snow off the deck to smoke a J.L. SALAZAR Y HERMANOS RESERVA ESPECIAL from a sampler I ordered a while back. I don't recall if I had the Toro or Robusto.

Thread Information