Page 372 of 555 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422472 ... LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,440 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Well, "Room 101 is more than a brand, it's a lifestyle."

... where, given the name, your worst fears come true (or is it, came true - post-1984).
    And yet they sell like hotcakes... I guess being a nozzle is in vouge
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Parodi Ammezzati Toscano - Not half bad for a corner store dry cured cigar. Scraton, PA. Who Knew ?
    $4.00 a box and strong as hell.
    My current work schedule does not allow me the time to invest in a premium cigar on work nights.
    I'm in bed by 8:00pm. I've been smoking a lot of Dutch dry cured as of late, but bought these on a whim.
    I will be purchasing more.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

I guess that I look at price when I smoke a cigar. I don't know if I'd call the Room 101 a mediocre cigar, but at $8-$9 a stick, I'd want a better smoking experience.

Then again, taste and value are subjective. I'd venture that someone coming from a (regular) Macanudo would find the Room 101 a great step up.

(I was going to say I'd rather have a Camacho Corojo 11/18, but the prices on those seem to have risen. I don't remember these being an $11/$12 cigar? Maybe I'm just getting old ...:-)

This morning: Padron Anniversary 1964 Principe. Loved this cigar. Was a fairly quick smoke and went well with a nice cup of strong coffee. Haven't had a cigar for over a week so that made this one even finer!

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

CAO brazillia. Mmmm Mmmm good!
    Just another day at the office!

*snip*
    This weekend:
    Old Henry Robusto: I was pleasantly surprised by this Holt's house blend made by DPG. This one was rich and full-bodied, but could, for my tastes, have benefitted from more downtime to knock off the rough edges. Thanks Mark! :-)
    I have tried all three of the Holt's Old Henry's now. All were Robusto vitolas. My order of preference in terms of taste and overall enjoyment is the Gold, followed by the Natural, and finally the Maduro. The Natural is definitely a pepper stick (which I like), but there was something about the Gold that I liked more. Although the level of spice was lower, and it wasn't as strong, it was oilier and smoother. With that being said, all three of these smokes have been consistent in terms of quality and taste and the construction is phenomenal. I might just have one tonight!

DCM churchill

I got this from a BOTL and finally found a "churchill" amount of time. They aren't the prettiest cigars but I love the way a DCM smokes. Thanks bro.

Blog Entries

I had the Old Henry Maduro last night and thought the natural was better as well. Note, however, that the price of Old Henry's is pretty close some of DPG's regular lines. When those go on sale, it might work out to be better than regular-priced Oh Henry's. I think there may be a box split coming on DPG Cuban Classics ;-), you might want to try to get in on that and see which you prefer (if the box split happens :-).

I had the Old Henry Maduro last night and thought the natural was better as well. Note, however, that the price of Old Henry's is pretty close some of DPG's regular lines. When those go on sale, it might work out to be better than regular-priced Oh Henry's. I think there may be a box split coming on DPG Cuban Classics ;-), you might want to try to get in on that and see which you prefer (if the box split happens :-).
    Interesting. I haven't tried the DPG Cuban Classics. Thanks for the heads up.

Mark

10. Default

RASS from 08 with a side of coffee...Real nice.

Iv'e been smoking the hell out of the DPG Black perla's. I have a source where you can get them under $60.00 a box. Great little quick smoke.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Iv'e been smoking the hell out of the DPG Black perla's. I have a source where you can get them under $60.00 a box. Great little quick smoke.
    Are these any where close to the Partagas Black Prontos?

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

I've yet to try the DPG Cuban Classic's too and I'd be VERY interested in doing so. If you're hinting that you'll headman a split on them Craig, count me in for some of that action!

I have one Old Henry left (tyvm Mark!) and it's been sitting in the humi for a couple months. I have a feeling it's going to get smoked this weekend.

Yesterday:
    Padron 3000 Londres

Thursday:
    Rocky Patel Decade (Torpedo)
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    RASS from 08 with a side of coffee...Real nice.
    The RASS has been on my to try list, I'm planning my wedding right now and wifey is buying me a box for the reception, sure it wont disappoint.

Tonight it's a mini keg of Hofbrau Oktoberfest and an Anejo shark, hitting the spot.

Acid Blondie - rare smoke with my wife who wanted something flavored. Honestly, I didn't dislike the Acid, but I would have much preferred something unflavored; glad I'm at the point in my cigar life where I can discern that much!
    imnotpete.com (tech/general blog)
    ink.imnotpete.com (creative blog)

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    Are these any where close to the Partagas Black Prontos?
    Better !
    ~ Gerry Adams

2 x Jose M Losa 1902 Petit Cetro
    ~ Gerry Adams

18. Default

RP Lite. Half way through it. nice smoke for the morning.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Better !
    Hmmm, I will have to give these a try. Thank you fo rthe tip.

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

San Cristobal Robusto on Friday night. When I could keep the damn thing from tunneling or burning out, it was fine.

Have one more in the humi, hoping it performs better. My buddy smoked the identical stick bought at the same time from the same place and he had no issues.

Thread Information