Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who’s up for a box pass?

If so, please reply and we can discuss the "rules".

You know, I was just thinking the same thing. I would be in for one.
    Life is to short to b!tch...Get over it and move on.

Alright, we got our first two players. (Let's limit it to 20 players)

Cockyhoskins; Oblik

For those who want to learn about passes, go to www.cigarpass.com

Here are some rules to get us started. Add in your comments and suggestions:

1. I will fill the box with an initial inventory of 20 cigars (for 20 players).

2. I will establish the order of the pass more or less geographically from east to west (I am in SC). The order is subject to change if there are circumstances that require it so the pass is not unnecessarily delayed. Please let me know immediately if you are not going to be available to accept delivery of the box due to a business trip, vacation, emergency or otherwise so I can reroute the box.

3. Each player may take from the box up to6 cigars of his/her choice and will be expected to replace the "takes" with an equal number of "puts" of approximately the same monetary value as the takes (based on MSRP). However, remember that some sticks may be harder to find and take that into account when determining value.

4. Please ship using USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation and insurance (Total costaround $6.00 with confirmation and insurance). I will insure the package for $200.00 when I ship it. If the box becomes more valuable than that, please increase the amount of insurance as necessary. Please e-mail or post here the delivery notification number or tracking number to the person to whom you are forwarding the box.

5. Please do NOT under any circumstances add flavored or artificially aromatic cigars to the box (NO LARS, NO ACIDS, NO HAVANA HONEYS, ETC.)

6. Theremay be Cuban cigars in the initial inventory . It would be bad form to take all the Cubans and replace them with non-Cubans.

7. If your puts are not in cellophane, please wrap them in plastic wrap or place them in an individual bag to protect them.

8. If necessary, please replace the outer shipping box before sending the box to the next player. I will include a couple humidipaks, but if humidification seems to be a problem, please address it before sending the box on.

9. I will include pre-printed address labels and a list of the passers in the order they are to receive the box. Please write down your takes and puts on the list and post them on this thread as well.

10. I'll post the starting inventory and the order of pass, after all participants are in and the box is ready to start its first leg.

11. If anyone has any suggestions to make this pass more fun, let me know.

12. We're relying on every player to be fair and to avoid unnecessary delays in completing the circuit.

13. Thanks for playing, and most of all, enjoy the smokes and have fun!

14. I will run the initial inventory through the freezer before sending it out. I know I don't have beetles, but you can never be too sure.

Let me know your thoughts.

Blog Entries

I'm in!

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

What is the time limit that we can keep the box? I have done one where you can only keep it for 4 days(unless Sunday is the 4th day) and I have also done one where it is a Monday thing where the box must be sent out the Monday after it is received or sooner. What do you think?

Blog Entries

I think the Monday thing makes the most sense. Its harder for everyone to keep track of dates the other way. Besides, if the box is always shipped out via Priority Mail on a Monday, the next person in lineshould alwayshave it in hand by the weekend.

I'm a big fan of the USPS Priority Mail. I use it for all my Camino Viejo Tabacos shipping. http://www.usps.com/clicknship lets youpay forthe postage and print the labelsonline. (That and I already have all the supplies!)Edited by: hex1848
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Monday sounds fine.

We got three in.

Hex and I posted a site wide sticky that informs people of the pass.

Count me in.
    No signature required, pay any bank.

4 now, let's get some more...come on people.

I'll play if you let me. I haven't been around this site very much but am known over a few of the boards, moderate two and work in the Cigar Industry.

What do you think?

ADDY SENTEdited by: cigarsmoka

Blog Entries

That makes 5

Please count me in.

and I can vouch for another smoker who would like

to be in as well.

e-mail with what you need from me as far as info

and I will get it for myself and my smoking buddy.

So Two in here.

P.S. what if we have run across something that we

are really excited about and want to share? Can we

add more than our required puts???

My take is that your buddy should at least be a member of this forum to sign up. Is he inyour home town or in another city?? If he is in your home town,when you get the box just share the pass between the two of you. You each take and put.

To answer your second question. It is perfectly fine to add more than what you take. They can either be marked as freebies for anyone to try or as exrta for takes and puts. Remember, if the box goes out with 20 sticks and comes backwith 25 or more, that is a thank you gift to who ever started the pass Edited by: Oblik

I would suggest limiting it to forum members also.

No worries folks,

My Smking buddy will join the forum on Monday...So

count 2 in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashman
    No worries folks,

My Smking buddy will join the forum on Monday...So
    count 2 in.

Great!

18. Default

hello, all! This is Ashman's buddy and I'm in...

oh, and...

"he's" a she.

19. Default

that is, I am she.

Blog Entries

What do you guys think about setting a Feb 1 cutoff? If we dont have the 20 by then, then we go with what we have?

Thread Information