Thread: Iguana Candela

Default Iguana Candela

Hoy hoy... So im at lmy local tobbaconist today looking for the Iguana Candella and they say that there roughly 280 a box... Meanwhile back in reality i can get a box for 41.00.. Any who thats not my question i read that its a great mild to medium vanilla flavored smoke.. Now my question is would this be considered a flavored smoke ?? Because if a read correctly many of you say that you can not store flavored smokes with non flavored smokes because the non flavored will become flavored and then it becomes a big huge mess.. Just wanted to amke shure before i ordered.. I dont fancy having 20 cigars show up at my door and i have to smoke them with a day... LOL

Would not reccomend storing flavored sticks with the rest of your collection. Some folks would not reccomend even smoking artificially flavored cigars.

Usually it will say on the product description. But on their site I have clicked the flavored category and to my recollection the iguanas were not under that category. You could email the customer support and ask them though to be sure.
    Brian Wells

I'm not a big fan of flavored stick myself.. Here why i am concerned

http://www.thompsoncigar.com/default...e=best&uid=349

Bottom of there description says vanilla flavored smoke.. I think im not going to risk it any body else know fo a candela wrapped stick that mild to medium bodies around that price point ??

Go to the CI website and search candela. Should find a nice bargain there.
    Brian Wells

Quote Originally Posted by mister_bin View Post
    any body else know fo a candela wrapped stick that mild to medium bodies around that price point ??
    I'd be interested to know also. I've never had a Candela wrapped cigar before either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kass View Post
    I'd be interested to know also. I've never had a Candela wrapped cigar before either.
    To my knowledge, this cigar is not flavored.

I've had a Fuente Candela and it was a very good smoke. It took me months to work up the courage to smoke it. But it was very nice. I have some Camacho Candela's, but I'm also afraid of Camacho.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    To my knowledge, this cigar is not flavored.

I've had a Fuente Candela and it was a very good smoke. It took me months to work up the courage to smoke it. But it was very nice. I have some Camacho Candela's, but I'm also afraid of Camacho.
    Hmmm. Might have to try out that Fuente Candela...

Quote Originally Posted by Kass View Post
    Hmmm. Might have to try out that Fuente Candela...
    These are the ones that i smoked erialer today (just got off of the phone my my buddy)

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...&stext=candela

These are the ones that i will be ordering.. 18 years aged wow you gotta love that..

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...&stext=candela

For me either is a pretty good deal...

the thompson iguana candelas were one of the first smokes that intrigued me to actually look at a cigar site... the green wrapper was very very strange to me, i've never smoked a candela but i'd like to try one some day, i'm almost positive that the iguana is not flavored, its just how they described the taste of the smoke

i'll have to get my hands on a fuente candela

These might interest you guys, they are within that price range of the iguana.
    http://www.thompsoncigar.com/default...csearch&uid=24
    Brian Wells

Quote Originally Posted by boomshay View Post
    the thompson iguana candelas were one of the first smokes that intrigued me to actually look at a cigar site... the green wrapper was very very strange to me, i've never smoked a candela but i'd like to try one some day, i'm almost positive that the iguana is not flavored, its just how they described the taste of the smoke

i'll have to get my hands on a fuente candela
    Yeah kind of like how they describe Don Kikis to have a chocolate flavor.. I was set on the Iguanas but now im stuck on the Don Tomas.. Maybe I'll try to get a single Iguana and see what i think of it and i'll really see if it taste like vanilla

Got this off the Iguana Vanilla section:

"...The Iguana Vanilla, recently introduced to the market, has outsold all of our other flavored cigars. Iguana has a secret and the secret is the aging of the wrapper. Combined with the gentle infusing of the vanilla flavoring, Iguana delivers a smooth, rich smoke that’s consistently enjoyable, never cloyingly sweet. As an added plus which you don’t find in other manufacturer’s flavored cigars, with the Iguana Vanilla you have a choice between a rich, dark Maduro wrapper or a mild smoking Candela wrapper."

Not all versions are flavored, but the Vanilla version is, well, vanilla flavored.

TampaSupremo
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

Thanks for clearing that up for me..

Thread Information