Thread: 'Wide Angle'--Cuba

Default 'Wide Angle'--Cuba

Hello All,

This is sort of off topic, but I saw a documentary on PBS last night, called 'Wide Angle', and it focused on the children of Cuba and the national Boxing teams that are supported by each region of Cuba. A rather unique way to view the country and living in Cuba...

It was a fascinating piece, and if I know PBS, they'll air it again.

It of course went on to talk to some Cuban immigrants to the US, and what their thoughts were on relations and such, but frankly seeing raw Cuba and it's citizens was really fantastic stuff.

I'm no docu-critic, but I thought it was interesting. You may even be able to pick it up and watch it on-line on the PBS web-site?

Anyway, thought I'd share...

Regards,

Mark

Houston, Texas But to a more refined point. 3423 La Seine Lane Spring, TX 77388

There is also an incredible documentary on cuba i watched on how everyone trades there, and like.. the ancestry coulture, and how mechanics's sons are mechanics and their sons become that as well and so on and so forth, but how its like that FOR EVERY trade... so like every trade has a dominant family that does each trade and so on and so forth, and how the reason all the old cars look new over there, is cause they have just mastered working on 50's cars, to the point of being able to reproduce panaling and engines and etc.. its all very cool

Thread Information