Thread: What I leanred from CS

Default What I leanred from CS

So I forget the thread, but it had to do with "What to do if you don't have a cutter."

I remember one method was to use your fingernails to cut around the cap just above the shoulder and then pull it off.

Well I found myself in Long Beach, CA for the last couple of days and stopped by 2nd St. Cigars while I was there (great guys). I brought a couple of cigars back to the hotel room and then realized I didn't have my cutter, punch, or pocket knife with me.

So I reached back into the stores of random tid-bits in my head and remembered the afore mentioned method. Now my nails aren't particularly long or sharp, but I was desperate.

Well it worked like a charm. The cap came off perfectly, the cigar smoked great, and the wrapper stayed on.

Here's the result:

And here's a closeup:

Thanks to whomever suggested this method in the first place.

spiffy

Good job!
    Brian Wells

From your title it apparently wasn't spelling.

What I leanred from CS

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch View Post
    From your title it apparently wasn't spelling.
    DG

crap

Oh well, I'm an engineer...spelling is not my strong point. I thought spell check would've cought that, but maybe i just overlooked it.

spiffy

Houston, Texas But to a more refined point. 3423 La Seine Lane Spring, TX 77388

i have too found myself in this situation more than once, and ive used everything from a boning knife (not smart) to my teeth, to my fingernail... yeah... i got fed up when i had to use my fingers so now i have a cutter on my keychain at all times...

Think nibble. You can nibble off the cap of a cigar if you have to, I do it when I don't have a cutter handy.

Just pretend you're on a date and the girl is way out of your league but has the hots for you anyway, and nibble very tenderly and you will get what you want (in this case, the cap off a cigar, and just nibble off the loose tobacco if it's bothering you).
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I love it when a plan comes together.

are you still trying to play this off like you meant well by the whole thing, just trying to inspire new conversations?

Pretty sure I started this thread with no knowledge of Mr. Squirts.

spiffy

I did this the other day. Basically kept the cap wet for a couple of minutes to soften it up and peeled it off.

On a side note, it appears the Olivia V lancero has a pigtail under two caps.

Quote Originally Posted by spiffykyle View Post
    Pretty sure I started this thread with no knowledge of Mr. Squirts.

spiffy
    I don't think ReV was referring to you.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

no no, not you spiffy, old Hershey with his 'i love it when a plan falls together'...

I know

I was replying to the "plan falls together" thing as well. Sorry for the confusion.

spiffy

Thread Information