Thread: Pirate's Gold by Rolando Reyes Sr. No. 4 Maduro

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Thumbs down Pirate's Gold by Rolando Reyes Sr. No. 4 Maduro

Ewww! Ick!

This was a stinky cigar. Pre-light it had the aroma of old horse manure. Once lit it wasn't as bad, but I was not impressed. I smoked less than an inch of it and I let it go out. My wife, who is only slightly better than neutral on the topic of cigars, thought it smelled so bad that she asked me to put it out and take the ash tray to the other side of the yard.

I think I'll try one more after they've mellowed a bit in the humidor. I've already given one away from my 5 pack. Does anyone else want to try one? If you're up for the punishment I'll send one your way. Maybe I just can't handle a maduro, maybe i was having an off night, maybe the moon was in the wrong zodiac sign. Or maybe it really did suck.

Be very, very wary of hairy scary larry cigars.

(thats a movie quote, minus the word cigars).

What I mean is, if it is only sold online so you can't walk into a B&M and try one, and you have to buy 50, and the price is unbelievable, prepare for a cigar that will murder your taste buds and make projectile vomiting emerge.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I say give it one more shot. I have had a bad stick in a box or two that I have purchased. Sometimes you just get a stail one. Let em rest for about a month and try again. Are you much of a Maduro smoker? If you smoke a candela and then go to a Maduro it's kinda like gettin kicked in the mouth.

Give it one more shot and then let us know. I would like to see if you have the same feelings twice.

Maybe you just expected too much out of it. It's not a kick ass cigar by any measure. It's a cheap stick that is quite young, age them out for a few months. I don't think they are all that great but they are good for a yard 'gar or when I am at work and I just want a cigar to bite on instead of cussing someone out. They are great for annoying people, especially those who think cigarettes DON'T stink. Just remember what you paid for them to begin with.

The Pirate's Gold maduro is my usual workshop cigar while I'm working in the garage. Like BunkyX said, its a decent cheap cigar, cheap being the appropriate word there. I've never had one be really bad before. I usually get the standard burn and draw problems associated with cheap cigars but the flavor is usually decent and consistent from stick to stick.

I agree, let them sit for a month or two then try again.

spiffy

6. Default

You either like or dislike Rolando Reyes cigars. I dislike em. Smoke what ya like though
    The older I get ,the better I was

the new cuba aliados anniv. is the only cigars made by Reyes that I like.

Thread Information