Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Sampler Thread II

Default Newbie Sampler Thread II

This is a fantastic way for any Newbs, or not so Newbs, out there to get a great selection of cigars, as well as gain some trading rep around here.

I am putting myself up as a sponsor and anyone else wishing to help out the newbs can PM me and I'll put you on the list.

CgarDan has passed the torch on to me, and I see no reason to change the rules of this thread.

HERE ARE THE RULES

Newbie Sampler Thread FAQ

1. What is the Newbie Sampler Thread?

A: A place where a Newbie (or anybody actually) can trade for a variety of Cigars. This thread was started with the idea of getting a newbie to trade with an "experienced" guy who wanted to get some cigars. The Newbie would buy the old guy what he wanted (or send cash) and the "experienced" guy would send the newbie a nice package of assorted singles to get the newbie started on some new favorites. Minimum trade value is $50 but most FOGS can handle trades of $100 or more.

2. Why would I want to trade with these people?

A: You are looking to sample a large variety of smokes. You can either go and overpay for a bunch of singles or you could get involved with a trade, receiving top quality sticks from a personally cared for selection of cigars that are ready for you to smoke. It's your choice.

3. How do I know I will actually get my cigars?

A: The people trading here have been doing so for quite some time, and are not going to screw around with a good thing for all parties (and not going to let anyone else screw it up for them), in order to screw you out of a few dollars.

4. How do I know I am not getting ripped off with a bunch of dog rockets?

A: Again, read the BB and you will get a feeling for those who trade here. May one or two of the cigars you receive be a dog rocket to you? Yes it is possible since taste is subjective, but how long do you think someone is going to be able to continue to trade if they are not giving fair (and to be perfectly honest you usually get MORE than fair value) in their trades. Why would anyone want to trade with them?

5. I haven't been around here long, but I have been smoking for _____ and I don't think I really should be qualified as a newbie.

A: You are. Get over it.

6. So how do I go about doing this? Who do I trade with?

The current trader (usually has "(Now Up!)" by their name), is the person that you would contact. You initiate a trade by sending a PM or E-Mail to that trader simply stating that you are interested in a Newbie Sampler Trade and any additional pertinent information including budget constraints. (i.e. "looking to do a Newbie trade in the ballpark of $60 - $80 dollars").

If for some reason that trader is unable to accomodate you (i.e. budget amounts don't work out or trader can not accomodate type of sampler desired), you move on to the next person on the list until someone can meet your needs.

7. Where can I get more information?

A: Yup, you’re a newbie. If you have a question, feel free to ask away. Most people will give you very good information.

US Sponsors:

FunkyCold5 -- Completed with dustinpollock
    spiffykyle -- Completed with Mizicke5273
    WOXOF -- Completed with sammis
    FunkyCold5 -- Completed with bhands
    ashauler -- Completed with captbirde
    spiffykyle -- Completed with Presideo
    FunkyCold5 -- Completed with wild
    heftysmokes -- Completed with mitch
    Cabaiguan Juan -- Completed with Fat Freddy
    FunkyCold5 -- In Progress with Mrtr33
    WOXOF -- NOW UP
    ashauler -- NOW UP
    Cabaiguan Juan -- NOW UP

Canadian Sponsors

Newfie (Canada) -- NOW UP
    drew_goring (Canada) -- NOW UP

Other Sponsors

stjohnroe (UK) -- completed with Rummstein

Please keep this thread updated with trades in progress and PM me when you are making a trade so I can keep the list current.

spiffy
    Last edited by Roham; 06-01-2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Updating the list

So now that we have a few people to sponsor the newbies, we need a few nebies!!

This is a great way to get a bunch of choice, aged, well taken care of smokes for an awesome deal!!

So newbies...step up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spiffy

Ill partake once I get back from this Miami trip.

Was originally intending to do this at the end of October when I came home from Philly, but they kinda blindsided me with this Miami trip being moved up 3 weeks. Only had 1 week to take care of things at home and get ready for this one. I really wanted to do this sooner, but things just kept coming up one after another.

I should be back home the end of this week or beginning of next. So Ill post again when I get home.

K got home from Miami over the weekend and Im ready to participate.
    Last edited by Mizicke5273; 11-18-2007 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Home From Miami and Ready

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Ill partake once I get back from this Miami trip.

Was originally intending to do this at the end of October when I came home from Philly, but they kinda blindsided me with this Miami trip being moved up 3 weeks. Only had 1 week to take care of things at home and get ready for this one. I really wanted to do this sooner, but things just kept coming up one after another.

I should be back home the end of this week or beginning of next. So Ill post again when I get home.

K got home from Miami over the weekend and Im ready to participate.
    You'll have to PM the sponsor that's up next in the 1st post. Let them know how much $ your willing to spend and go from there.

We now have a Canadian BOTL signed up to help out a noob from up north!!

spiffy

Default Trade done with Mizicke5273

I received Mizicke5273's end today. Great communication the whole way. A+

Your end is packed up and will be out the door tomorrow, enjoy!!

DC # 0103 8555 7491 7138 7884

spiffy

Just checked the status of the shippment from spiffykyle, it is now waiting for me at home!

Cant wait to get home to check it out and light one up tonight.

Just got home and done going through my Newbie Sampler, and let me say spiffykyle set me up good. I definetly got more than my money's worth.

Such a great variety of great looking smokes.

Thanks again spiffykyle, Ill be enjoying these for a while!
    Last edited by Mizicke5273; 12-03-2007 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Pillaged Through the Sampler

I got a trade going with sammis.

I really like this idea...but im still a little skeptical... i think im gonna first stick around and try and get a feel for the people around here before risking my money.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBirde View Post
    I really like this idea...but im still a little skeptical... i think im gonna first stick around and try and get a feel for the people around here before risking my money.....
    Um, o.k.

Blog Entries

Jump in....I speak from experience, you will NOT be dissapointed. funkycold5 really went out of his way, and now I have MANY new favorites
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Default funkycold5 you are the man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just got my package from Andrew ......... wow thanks way more then i expected nice little five in the ci bag to ....lol anyone that has any questions about the guys sponcering this thread its for real and good .... thanks andrew

dustin

Read Q&A #3 from the first post. The people on the list are as trustworthy as they come. Reading back through all the old threads I don't think a BOTL has ever skipped out on a newbie. It's not a risk, its an investment. I think I still have a few sticks from my newbie sampler.

spiffy

The idea with this sampler is so that a new guy can do a trade or purchase from an established, trusted member. There is absolutely no risk with the newbie sampler.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

My trade with sammis is going smooth. I have the tracking info for my end, set to arrive on the 11th. His end will go out the same day. Great communication so far.

I can understand your apprehension since it looks like this is a new idea. It's actually the 3rd version of it since I've been here. My very first post on this forum was in the newbie sampler thread(thanks sarge!).

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t2924-ne...er-thread.html

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t5661-ne...er-thread.html

The sponsors that are sending out the samplers are all trusted members and will tailor the sampler to what you may be looking for. We all have very good Ebay feedbacks as well. I don't think I've ever seen someone not happy with the transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Jump in....I speak from experience, you will NOT be dissapointed. funkycold5 really went out of his way, and now I have MANY new favorites
    Thanks for the comment. I was happy to do it. What new people don't realize is that the people participating in this were once newbies and actually participated as newbies before. I remember when I first started and I signed up for a newbie package, CgarDan sent me an amazing package. I felt I needed to give back to the site and the people. This benefits newbies more than the BOTLs giving the samplers. If anything, we just enjoy when people open up their package and are blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinpollock
    just got my package from Andrew ......... wow thanks way more then i expected nice little five in the ci bag to ....lol anyone that has any questions about the guys sponcering this thread its for real and good .... thanks andrew

dustin
    Dustin, glad you enjoyed your package. Make sure you store those cigars in your humi for a while. It was drastically cold here on the east coast. I'm sure the little water-pillow helped.

Andrew

We now have 2 BOTLs who are willing and able to do a newbie sampler with our Newbies from the North (Canada), so don't shy away if you live up there.

spiffy

May be slow, but I generally stumble forward. The Newbie Sampler sounds like a brilliant opportunity to experience a logically selected collection of good smokes. Still worried about that sex, food, smoke sequence - they were think of sex with another person

Looks like CgarDan drew the short straw, PM on the way

Cheers,

Rusty

Got my end from sammis today. His sampler is heading his way via USPS.

DC# 0103 8555 7492 7947 8897

Thanks sammis for the great communication. Hope you enjoy your sampler. Let me know if you have any questions about any of it's contents.

Thread Information