Thread: Liga Privada #9

Default Liga Privada #9

This was a toro-sized, (somewhat lighter shaded) oscuro cigar. Excellent construction with a smooth wrapper. Cap stayed in one piece when I cut it and the draw was very slightly loose, but nothing that bothered me.

Initial draws were salty with a bitter finish for about the first inch or so. It smoothed out then and the flavor was consistant throughout the rest of the smoke - no big changes. It had a slight stale flavor occasionally that kind of bothered me, but fairly rich most of the time; not the richness off a fuente sungrown or a '64, but decent. The bitterness was long gone by 1/2-way, so it was much more enjoyable in the 2nd 1/2.

The burn scalloped for the first 2/3s and then self-corrected - I was probably trying to smoke it too fast for the first part. It then stayed even till I finished it.

This cigar was strong from front to back - definately a full stomach smoke, which I enjoyed also.

I don't think I can form an accurate assessment behind only one of these and I'd buy more to do exactly that. I don't think it is a $10+ cigar; maybe $6-$9 range. Also, I'd had a RASCC (the only one in the box so far that was to damn tight to smoke) and a Fuente Chateu SG earlier in the day - I think earlier cigars can influence how smokes later in the day taste to me.

All in all, a solid, very strong, decent cigar. Smoked it down to an inch or so.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Thanks for the review Basil. I was waiting for this. Thanks again
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Default Acid is trying to make real cigars?

Saw these tonight at Nick's. I think they were $11.50. Box read Liga Privada Anejo. Looked pretty good, but I was skeptical considering. Thanks for the review.

I was just at Nicks 2 weeks ago. I will be stopping in there in 2 weeks for some more Padron 64. I love that place
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Thread Information