Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread

I've fallen in love with Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale. Too bad I can't get it here in MS.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I have Miller lite and a medium bodied, brown lager (homebrew) on draft right now. I have a German Pils/rye ale kegged and a light lager aging.

Hmmm.. Beer......

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    I've fallen in love with Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale. Too bad I can't get it here in MS.
    Yep MS sucks when it comes to big beers or microbrews. Fortunately, I live close enough to TN and AR to make a beer run.

I did pick up some Sam Adams Cream Stout at Kroger(in MS). Pretty damn good stuff, look for it.

Tyler, miller lite, really, so a lawyer and a piss-water drinker, man, I don't know if I can interact on the same board as you anymore Don't try to act like the homebrewing saves you either.

I'm having a belgian beer tasting and cigar night tonight, so lots of great varieties to be tried. Feel bad for Chris and Wox, in NYC we get all the great microbrew selections.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

5. Default

I landed a bottle of St. Bernardus Abt 12 60th Anniversary Special Edition. That is gonna be good. I also landed a bottle of Stone XI.

I think I'm gonna ring in the New Year with the St. Bernardus.

Those sound delicious!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    I landed a bottle of St. Bernardus Abt 12 60th Anniversary Special Edition. That is gonna be good. I also landed a bottle of Stone XI.

I think I'm gonna ring in the New Year with the St. Bernardus.
    I went to the store last night to pick up a case of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout and was really eying up that St. Benardus Abt stuff. Just couldn't pull the trigger though. Let me know how it is.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

What can I say, I needed a barrel that everyone can enjoy going into the holidays. So Miller lite it is, along with my lager.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Tyler, miller lite, really, so a lawyer and a piss-water drinker, man, I don't know if I can interact on the same board as you anymore Don't try to act like the homebrewing saves you either.

I'm having a belgian beer tasting and cigar night tonight, so lots of great varieties to be tried. Feel bad for Chris and Wox, in NYC we get all the great microbrew selections.
    Yep it sucks, MS is beer hell. Nothing above 5% is legal here. Linky

Hey chefboy, here's a couple of more good links to read while to screwing around at work.
    http://www.msbrew.com/
    http://www.meba.ms/
    Last edited by WOXOF; 12-09-2007 at 05:15 AM.

I have a couple bottles of Sam Smith's Imperial Stout left from my last beer run. With the nice warm weather we have right now, I think I'm gonna enjoy them with a cigar or two tonight after our poker game.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    I went to the store last night to pick up a case of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout and was really eying up that St. Benardus Abt stuff. Just couldn't pull the trigger though. Let me know how it is.
    It's a bit pricey...I paid $14.99 plus shipping out the wazoo to try it. I really think it is going to be nice. I'll do a review of it after the 1st of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    It's a bit pricey...I paid $14.99 plus shipping out the wazoo to try it. I really think it is going to be nice. I'll do a review of it after the 1st of the year.
    Wow, I guess the 20 bucks they want here isn't that bad at all after the crazy taxes. They got in a pallet a few weeks ago, so there should still be some there after Christmas.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

13. Default

plain ol bud light for me haha
    Live Life to the Fullest
    Tateossian

The selling of bad beer is a crime against Christian love. -- Law, the City of Augsburg, 13th Century

I'm definately a fan of beer. Currently I have:
    In the bottle:
    Chimay Grande Réserve
    Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
    Hercule
    La Moinette Blonde
    Bigfoot Barley Wine

On Tap -
    Mirror Pond Pale Ale Clone
    Oak Aged Bourbon Porter
    Espresso Imperial Stout
    Obsidian Stout Clone

Primary - Vanilla Wildflower Mead
    Secondary - American Red Ale
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

My favorites would have to be heineken, becks and kronenbourg pretty much i like most decent european lagars.
    most the beers here i have never heard of have to keep my eye open for some of them.

16. Default

Just picked up a couple of bottles of Left Hand Warrior IPA. I'm sipping one now. Look for a review real soon.

I like the creaminess of Boddingtons Pub Ale and the thickness of a Sam Smith Outmeal Stout. I also am a big fan of New Castle Brown Ale and Blue Moon unfiltered wheat.
    "If your wife doesn't like the aroma of your cigar - change your wife."
    Zino Davidoff

Now that I know what they are:
    +1 Termite
    +1 Raisin

we just got a Total Wine by my house and they have every beer you could think of. my friend and i picked up some singles of sam smith all types and a sixer of Kronenbourg 1664 that i first tried while i was in Paris, its pretty good for a lighter beer. we also have newcastle, fat tire, and wicked pete's strawberry blonde (fav for now) in the fridge right now. sacramento has a couple of microbrews and chico has the sierra nevada brewery that we try to visit at least once a year around november cause we love the winter brew.

Guinness and Red Stripe

I'm always in the mood for a good stout!

Another beer that i'm quite fond of, is called Warsteiner. Simply a great beer... (kinda reminds me of the CAO Sopranos cigar, just a real enjoyable experiance) YMMV

Thread Information