Thread: Can't go past page 1

Default Can't go past page 1

I think this has been brought up before and I'm not sure what the resolution was. I can't navigate past the first page of any section. I can go into every forum but to go down to the bottom and try to go to an older page it just isn't happening. Any reason for this or any help?
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Yea, I had that problem before also. Someone here suggested rather than clicking "2", hit the small arrow and type in the page #. It worked for me.

Blog Entries

Its happening on all the threads? you are logged in? Hit you pop up blocker off too see if that makes a difference.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Not sure it is happening on all forums, definitely is in Cigars. Appears the &page=2 is missing on the link for the #2. Using the drop-down seems to work but the "2" or ">" doesn't work - gets lost in never-never land and remains on page 1.

definitely easy to check for anyone, including an admin. If more info is helpful, feel free to contact me. Don't expect a problem with anti-virus, pop-up etc on this end. Happens in MS IE and Mozilla/Firefox.

Cheers,

Rusty

Blog Entries

I just add the &page=2 statement to the url.......once you get to page 2, the rest work fine.

Sam problem I am having here....
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I just add the &page=2 statement to the url.......once you get to page 2, the rest work fine.
    Everyone could certainly hand enter the url correction, however, the advantage of fixing the error on the site is far preferable and less aggragate work for all.

I find it strange the web master has not addressed this issue yet!

Cheers,

Rusty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ralford View Post
    Everyone could certainly hand enter the url correction, however, the advantage of fixing the error on the site is far preferable and less aggragate work for all.

I find it strange the web master has not addressed this issue yet!

Cheers,

Rusty
    Yup, I agree, but in the meantime.......

Blog Entries

I know what's causing the issue. Its a problem with the URL rewriter that creates the "friendly" looking URL's that the forums and threads have. I've looked around for a new version of the rewriter that fixes the problem, but I haven't found one that uses the same URL structure.

Part of me wants to just drop the URL structure and go back to the the normal URLS with all the ?blah=blah&id=102847 at the end. But let me see if I can find something that works first. It really helps the threads rank better for search phrases in various results.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

It looks like vBulletin 3.7 is being released in the next few days. I'll be doing a full upgrade as soon as it's out. It should have some new features and this should get fixed with the upgrade.

I'll keep looking for a temporary fix in the mean time.

For those of you interested, a bunch of new features are coming!

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249460
    Last edited by hex1848; 12-04-2007 at 06:14 PM. Reason: added link to release notes
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Hi Hex and All

One way I found to get around this problem is to add the site to the Trusted sites settings in the Internet Explorer Options, Security tab. It seemed to have something to do with "antivirus/Spam/firewall" software, at least in my case.

sammis

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I know what's causing the issue. Its a problem with the URL rewriter that creates the "friendly" looking URL's that the forums and threads have. I've looked around for a new version of the rewriter that fixes the problem, but I haven't found one that uses the same URL structure.

Part of me wants to just drop the URL structure and go back to the the normal URLS with all the ?blah=blah&id=102847 at the end. But let me see if I can find something that works first. It really helps the threads rank better for search phrases in various results.
    Yep, understood. You are obviously and wisely using a canned set of routines for the BB and it's generally a poor idea to hack packages, even if possible.

Using the drop-down works, we're just spoiled or expect to be spoiled,

Cheers - keep up the good work,

Rusty

neither can I.

Blog Entries

I think I got this fixed for the most part. I need to play with the URLS a little more. I basically had to get into the code and figure out where the bug was.

Let me know if you come across more issues.

Sorry for the delay

Blog Entries

Is this working for everyone?

alright, i can finally browse past page 1...

I certainly bitched enough, so definitely owe you a big thanks for fixing the problem! Thanks

Sorry to hear you had to end up hacking the library, typically means it rears its head with the next update.

Anyway, thanks for the great work. I really makes browsing much more pleasant. Great Xmas gift to the members,

Cheers, Happy Holidays,

Rusty

Thread Information