Thread: Cigar Bar list/index

Default Cigar Bar list/index

I wonder it if might be of interest to begin a list of good cigar bars in towns. Probably not critical if smoking is allowed, however, a recent trip to Houston revealed there is only one place to get a drink and also smoke. (haven't verified that but the clientel certainly beleive it).

I don't know what format or tools are available but some data is :

Houston: 10 Downing Street, 2549 Kirby Dr, Houston, VERY expensive cigars and don't even think about a cognac (start at $40 a shot!) Scotch about $10 and Bass about $5.

Cheers to all.

Rusty

Sioux Falls, Stogies Smoke lounge. nice leather couches plenty of different scotches and different foreign and domestic beers. Warm fireplaces. Limited seating is the only downfall.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

OSI Tobacco in North Canton. They have a great selection of cigars and also a lounge area with leather couches, chairs, TVs and a small bar. Not a bad place to visit if you're ever up here.

Sadly that's about it left in the Houston area that I know of. Sugar Land just passed a similar law so all of my old haunts are now non-smoking, except Bakers Street Pub in Sugar Land. The Pappas Steak House in Stafford allows smoking in the bar and has reasonable priced drinks.

(FYI, Sugar Land and Stafford are just SW of Houston).

Oh and one more place - the Smoke Ring in Sugar Land, my regular cigar shop, has big screen TV in a lounge with leather chairs, and it is BYOB. Cigars are priced very reasonably.
    Last edited by cigar no baka; 01-23-2008 at 12:04 PM.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Sadly that's about it left in the Houston area that I know of. Sugar Land just passed a similar law so all of my old haunts are now non-smoking, except Bakers Street Pub in Sugar Land. The Pappas Steak House in Stafford allows smoking in the bar and has reasonable priced drinks.

(FYI, Sugar Land and Stafford are just SW of Houston).

Oh and one more place - the Smoke Ring in Sugar Land, my regular cigar shop, has big screen TV in a lounge with leather chairs, and it is BYOB. Cigars are priced very reasonably.

Good to know. I MAY be in Sugar Land this summer.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Good to know. I MAY be in Sugar Land this summer.

Well let me know when so we can hook up. We can head down to Pappas Steakhouse and have drinks, smokes and steaks, the trifecta!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thumbs up Denver Cigar Bar

Greetings,
    I was out in Denver a couple weeks ago and visited a very old downtown hotel, I believe it was known as the "Brown Palace." It had a very nice cigar bar.
    I had a couple shots of my favorite whiskey and an Ashton VSG. Mmmm, life is goooood!!
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Winston Churchill

Weldon

Blog Entries

This might be what you guys are looking for:

http://www.cigarplaces.com/

I'm going to fill in some of the local places here in a couple of days to help get the word out. It looks like a good project.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Pacific Moon @ Newport on the Levee

I Levee Way, Suite 2125 Newport, KY 41071

(859) 261-MOON (6666)

Japenesse Food and Sushi then turns in to a bar at night. We smoke with the owner when we go down.
    Last edited by COMB2; 03-14-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Specialty Cigars, International
    109 NW Greenwood Ave
    Bend, Oregon

http://www.specialtycigars.com/

They mostly deal in large volumes to golf clubs, but opened this small place a short while ago - BYOB - cigars a little higher priced than what you can find them online for, but nice environment, and very informative. I added them to the cigarplaces list hex mentioned earlier

Olde World Tabacco
    2213 Lincoln Highway East
    Lancaster, PA 17602

http://www.oldeworldtobacco.com/index.php

Like most brick & mortar businesses, they are higher in price than online, but they have a good selection, incredible friendly staff and have terrific monthly specials with visits by cigar company representatives. They have a nice smoking lounge with TV, seating and a coffee bar. They don't sell alcohol, but you can bring your own and if you're a regular, they'll store it for you (and your smokes). At the last event, the store manager gave my brother-in-law and myself 1/2 a bottle of 18 year Glenlivet and then we rented the lounge out for a private party and he gave us another bottle of scotch and some smokes from his personal stock. Of course he receives them for free from the sales reps, but hey, we appreciated the gesture :)

12. Default

Hey guys - I wanted to get everyone a quick update on CigarPlaces.com. The site is still growing at a pretty steady clip (we're up to around 750 listings on the map).

I also just added the ability to add photos to the site - this way we can all take a look at some pictures of the place before we grab our cigars and head out the door to check it out.

If you have any pictures of your favorite spot, find it on the map and upload your photos!

Blog Entries

Robusto Room - Lonetree Colorado

Decent setup, although it can get pretty busy and crowded. Plus they have a DJ come in on certain nights and play crappy music that is way too loud. They do have a nice selection of scotch and other fine liquors and the prices are pretty reasonable. The cigar shop is decent and the prices are pretty normal for the Denver area.

Would I recommend this joint to a BOTL? No. Would I recommend it to someone who wants to take a friend that doesn't smoke regularly for a cigar and a drink? Yes.

It's not a relaxed setting like a lounge in a B&M.

However, they do have some nice looking waitresses...
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Quote Originally Posted by chriscbs View Post
    Hey guys - I wanted to get everyone a quick update on CigarPlaces.com. The site is still growing at a pretty steady clip (we're up to around 750 listings on the map).

I also just added the ability to add photos to the site - this way we can all take a look at some pictures of the place before we grab our cigars and head out the door to check it out.

If you have any pictures of your favorite spot, find it on the map and upload your photos!
    Hadn't been there in a while. Looking really good. Thanks for providing the site.

Default Oklahoma City

http://www.makerscigarlounge.com/ but if your more like me and like to sip a beer play some pool and listen to some shitty local blues with your stogie lol then here is the place.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N95nXSl5oE

Thread Information