Thread: Alright boys....let's do this thing.

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

Default Alright boys....let's do this thing.

Classes are done for the day so I'll take a minute to go ahead and start a long awaited discussion.

So obviously there is a deep hatred for me here. I made a big mistake in the newbie SS this year. I apologized for it and then after trying to talk things out decided to take a bit of a break from posting. A few days after this I was browsing the site and saw that one of the newer members had posted a thread dealing with a Super Bowl Poll. It seemed like it was having some trouble getting off the ground so I suggested that he went ahead and posted the rules and regulations which he had in mind for the contest. He did so and I tried to help him begin to get it organized.

Then after doing so I came under once again malicious attack. For what? For trying to help someone out? Aren't we supposed to be a community of gentlemen? Do gentlemen not try to help others? Apparently this isn't the way things operate here.

I've really enjoyed my time here on this site. Since joining in August I have learned more about the hobby of smoking cigars than I probably ever would have anywhere else. I was involved in a few contests and passes and got a great opportunity to try some new sticks. I also was fortunate enough to recieve a nice bomb as a gift from one of the members.

Then the whole SS thing happened. For anyone that doesn't know the story I'm not going to re-type it. You can watch the whole thing play out in The Grinch List post. So yes I messed up and admitted it numerous times and tried to just slip out from the cross fire and just ease off but kept getting my character attacked over and over by the senior members. I could understand that they were upset because:

1. I did not fufill a responsibility.
    2. Really had no reason for it other than procrastination.

But then things just went on, and on, and on. It seemed like a never ending cycle.

After looking around this site a little more and checking back on old posts it seems that this board has a "good ol' boy" network of senior members who are obviously very close and have been around for awhile. Some of these members seem to be great men who are genuine people. Others are simply leeches waiting to suck the life out of any other unsuspecting member who even makes a typo or does something to disrupt their environment here on CS. I found a few topics which show these instances:

Original post 9-21-2007 @ 9:03p.m. by HersheyWalker

"Eh, I speak from my heart without the CS filter on and I receive backlash. Message boards serve the purpose of allowing many individuals to share their perspective with those who may not have grown up under the same conditions, demographic, livelyhood, hobbies, and interests. When I give my honest perspective here, I am attacked by the few remaining regular members. It is what it is I suppose. I would much rather have a diverse open dialogue on why the number of posts on this board have dropped so drastically over the past year. Or why no one throws out posts other than, "I smoked this cigar and it was great", or "Anyone know about cuban smokes?".

A true message board is one that is open to all points of view, and accepts them for what they are, with understanding. Understanding who said what, why they did, and what it means. 80% of all posts will fall under the category of misunderstood troll. These are typically the treasures of a message board. They are the ones that spark intense debate on the who whats and whys. Occasionally there are lol moments and things change, perspectives change, all are recognized, and the whole is better for it. 5% of posts are troll posts, where a posters intentions are to hurt and attack another member, maybe because someone is envious of their naive perspective or has a whole lot of hurt to give. Lastly we have the 15% of posts which are without purpose. Posts that simply shine another's shoes, attempts to increase another's self esteem, and build commrodery. Commrodery in virtual space? Is there such a thing? On typical message boards, these posts are usually ignored and waded through with a tinge of annoyance and spite. Comrodery is built by invoking a deep guttural laugh from another stranger miles away via a comment, self esteem is built by another's honest opinion laid down and tempered by the fact that a certain poster has built up the reputation of pure unadulterated honesty.

I feel this forum allows none of these things. Cigarsmokers, due to intense and aggressive member moderation is now only left with the latter type of posts. Am I a troll? Am I a user who is only looking to attack members of a community with the purpose of getting a rise out of another human being, getting them angry? No, I don't think that's my purpose. I am not intentionally trying to piss someone off. I post on message boards like I talk in real life. I speak my mind. If the listener isn't mature enough to hear what is being said, beyond the words, taking into account who is saying what and why, is it my fault? Everyone here seems to walk on egg shells, dancing around issues with an air of stressed politeness. It makes for boring conversation. Remember those two British squirrels on the WB cartoons? "After you. Oh no, after you. Oh no after you of course."How can anything meaningful be said if the cardinal rule is not to offend anyone? I strongly suggest you all rethink your philosophy running your e-life before the only people viewing these boards are a few mods and a bunch of bots.

Again, I am just speaking my mind. I only ask for respect in return. Maybe we can start a dialogue and you can make me understand your position on why you feel this is the only way to run a community. And why you feel this is a "special" place, with the connotation that it is special for a good reason. Why you all feel that toes being stepped on is deservant of a permanent ban. Or maybe this thread can end with a few sarcastic comments followed with a permanent burial. Whatevers, I only come back to see if there are new posts in the "Or thread" and the "Owned Game". I have read a couple of posts in the past that had the same tone as my own, one from Coventrycat(Sid, I believe... I didn't have the patience to gain a complete understanding of the situation, but in the end it seemed he was looking for understanding.), Cumchugger(a vile, yet misunderstood human being), a handful of other regular posters, and finally myself (a person with only the purest intentions). Those past attempts at true dialogue were dealt with via a split and a boot, perhaps this one will as well. Perhaps not."

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t9415-he...ce-myself.html

These are 2 instances amoung others where the senior members have made a direct attack on someone for not following all that seems to be the CS code of ethics that they've created.

You can go ahead and comment as you wish. I'm sure Basil and cigarsarge will have rampant posts laced with their ever popular profanity and name calling (bring on the Trolls ladies!). Seems to make them feel better about themselves. Grown men, reduced to mere adolescents by the words they speak.

So basically I just thought we could open this all up to discussion without taking over other peoples posts who are trying to be productive and actually contribute meaningful things to this community.

Fire away

Hey Mikey...Just fucking leave.

You have 2 choices here...take a hike or STFU.

You can't just fuck up, fix it after nearly a month, then giggle and expect everything to be cool. There has been some good advice given to you but you refuse to follow it. You are just making things worse.

Your posting leads me to believe that you think you did nothing wrong. Are you really that delusional?

Since you are bringing up old shit, in both of those circumstances slkr and hersheysquirts made the initial flaming post.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Your posting leads me to believe that you think you did nothing wrong. Are you really that delusional?
    Hmmm......maybe except for the 15 different times when I apologized and stated "I fucked up." I'm not laughing it off, just saying that things have been blown way out of proportion in regard to the amount of negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-OH View Post
    Hmmm......maybe except for the 15 different times when I apologized and stated "I fucked up." I'm not laughing it off, just saying that things have been blown way out of proportion in regard to the amount of negativity.
    At which point it was said something to the effect of you should lay low for a while.

I understand that. And like I said above I chose to try and hang around and defend my character from attacks and then finally gave up and said I'd chill out. But then once I went to try and make one post to help with the super bowl pool I had the firing squad out in front of me. I guess that's the one that i'm really wondering about right now.

I understand that. And like I said above I chose to try and hang around and defend my character from attacks and then finally gave up and said I'd chill out. But then once I went to try and make one post to help with the super bowl pool I had the firing squad out in front of me. I guess that's the one that i'm really wondering about right now.
    Mikey, if you haven't figured it out by now, nobody wants you here. You have attacked highly respected senior members. Remember, this whole problem was started by you...not any of us. If you had just fulfilled your obligations as required none of this would be happening.

edit: Oh, and bringing up that old shit isn't helping your situation. It has really effectively sealed your fate. As Ashauler put it, "You're like the girl that just has to play football with the boys". You aren't going to change how things are done around here....whether you agree with it or not.
    Last edited by drew_goring; 01-28-2008 at 03:10 PM.

Blog Entries

keep digging
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

9. Default

ROTFLMFAO...This guy is a comrade in arms with the hershey highway guy.

Mikey-OH...You are a fucktard of the highest degree. I bet you have your black belt in fucktardery. You will never "get it".

It's best if you slither out of here. You ain't gonna win. Let me play you a tune while you slide down the drain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    snip.... I bet you have your black belt in fucktardery. snip...
    sarge 1.....laptop 0........fyi, coffee burns coming out your nose.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    You are a fucktard of the highest degree. I bet you have your black belt in fucktardery. You will never "get it".

That's it, I'm starting a list. This and Basil's comment are the first two.

People with integrity FIX the problem ASAP. When things like this have happened the apology is usually accompanied by an immediate fix. Just go. You make yourself look worse and worse every time you post.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey OH
    After looking around this site a little more and checking back on old posts it seems that this board has a "good ol' boy" network of senior members who are obviously very close and have been around for awhile. Some of these members seem to be great men who are genuine people
    And there you have it in plain English yet you cannot comprehend it at all. The place is relatively fucktard free because we keep turds like you ran off fro the most part. You dropped the ball then proceded to step on your dick repeatedly. Best you just leave . here is a board you could join though www.cigarlive.com.

hersheywalker was a fucktard
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Damn, go away for 4 months and miss all the fun!!! WTF!?!?!

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Damn, go away for 4 months and miss all the fun!!! WTF!?!?!
    It's not too late...Feel free to join in.

Holy shit. You have told half-truths, exaggerated points for the sake of your own egocentric perspective, and fabricated blatant lies. You have wallowed in self-pity, switched positions, and dealt backhanded insults disguised as apologies for just plain bad manners. You bait people under the flag of truce and then you climb up on a cross and bleed self-rightiousness. You have callously and arrogantly refused suggestions from those willing to give you another chance. In your smarmy deception, you'd rather others feel guilty for simply and honestly calling you out than take FULL responsibility for ALL of your inexcusable behavior - not just the SS fiasco. You're a socially retarded POS who doesn't get it, will never get it, and (my bad), doesn't even want to get it. Get off the fucking board Mike, your kind are not wanted here.
    Last edited by basil; 01-29-2008 at 01:48 PM.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Wow!!! Mikey wants to go out swinging!!! Nice!!!!

C'mon, guys - give Mikey a break. At least the kid plays football!!!

Aren't we supposed to be a community of gentlemen?
    There's your problem dipshit. This is a community of men. We aren't the 18 year old girlies you've been slipping roofies to. We aren't impressed with you. Now prance your drama queen ass outa here before I have to take the time to ban your stupid ass.
    Last edited by Shagaroo; 01-30-2008 at 07:13 PM.

21 Douche Salute to you…Your arrogance is amazing. Show a little humility…You don’t just walk into a house you are a guest in and start eating out of the refrigerator. You have proved your word means nothing…Procrastination for a QB is dangerous…Do it too long and you get SACKED!

Thread Information