Thread: Media Noche

Default Media Noche

Just scored some MonteCristo Media Noche from C bid. Any thoughts on this cigar? I've had the MC white and loved it so I figured this would be agood one too.
    Also, interested to hear others experiances with C bid. Got a box awhile back that was completely torn open and no cigars! They were good about replacing them overnight. I guess my question is; they ship without humidification, so how long should one let them sit in the humidor to get them to a good smoking state?

Also came with the Casa Torano, thoughts?

Never had the Monte so no help from me there.

As far as C-bid goes, my only complaint has been them taking way to much of my $$. It's not called the devil site for nothing. Honestly I've had one issue where they were out of what I won, so they gave me a bunch of other choices and then threw in a few extra for my trouble. Its run by CigarsInternational and they're good people.

At lease let them rest for a couple of days. I usually leave mine in the coolerdor for at least a week.

spiffy

Blog Entries

I segregate all the cigars I buy on-line for at least a week in their own cooler.....not only helps with RH but beetles.

I've had a media noche a while back, don't have any specific memories.....which probably means it was middle of the road, neither wonderful or crappy.

If you enjoy them.......smoke them!

But, my thoughts are that the large companies - Altadis (Monty, RyJ etc) and General Cigar (Mac, Partagas) rely on old name sake. They are NOT the same companies they where years ago. Everything is just massed produced.....lower quality tobacco / construction. I believe the small boutiqe cigar manufactuers are today and the future of premium cigars.

In my opinion the Monty white is a flat / muddled tasting cigar. I still have a hard time beleiving this is the flagship product for Altadis.

Similar in body....I would reccommend trying: Avo XO (Intermezzo - my choice) , Ashton Classic or even Cabneit, and LFD Reserve Especial (smokes lighter than company describes). These are similar or lower price point, still Dominican tobac and much better products.

Enjoy the tasting proccess.

Thanks for the input. I couldnt wait any longer and am thoroughly enjoying the noche as i type this........pause to puff.....a mild cigar with good taste. It doesn't mix well with a bottled guinness though.
    Last edited by JHAYES6405; 02-05-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Default Media Noche

So far, this is one of my favs from the CI people. I even wrote a short review for them.
    I gather it is exclusive to them, as I have not seen it elsewhere.
    It seems to light and burn very well and I like the middle part of the stick more than the first.
    Maybe it's just me getting adjusted to it.
    I missed the last special on these. But, if it comes around again, I'll get a five-pack...at least.
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Winston Churchill

Weldon

Thread Information