Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: inhale?

I'm another one of those who've inhaled accidentally and then couldn't talk for a couple for hours. I can't imagine inhaling a cigar being pleasant .

I will however exhale a small amount through the nose a few times during the stick. I find it enhances the flavor. I believe we had a thread on this topic not too long ago.

spiffy

Quote Originally Posted by AshLvr View Post
    Try drawing less from the diaphragm and more from the mouth. YOu may
    find you enjoy your cigars more by letting the smoke roll around your mouth instead
    of your lungs (no taste buds there). Cigar smokers generally inhale very little if any
    smoke.
    I would die if I tried to pull my cigar with my diaphragm. I draw with my mouth but I tend to inhale time to time. I never inhale a full mouthfull, just about 1/4 of it about 7-8 times per smoke.

3. Default

Ive inhaled a couple times on accident but never a full mouth full. I dont know anyone who could handle that. A friend of mine was at a party a year ago and was smoking a crappy blacknmild or w/e those gas station craps are called... i took that and inhaled... it was actually pretty smooth. I roll my own cigarettes... amsterdam shag + rizla spiced wraps... they are pretty strong, you get THICK smoke out of them, ive shared them before at school and it always makes people either cough uncontrollably or gag... but i cant inhale on any REAL cigar.

Id like to see a video of someone getting down to the sweet spot with a nice ash going and get a lungful of that oh so sweet really thick smoke. I would be impressed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clay2011 View Post
    Ive inhaled a couple times on accident but never a full mouth full. I dont know anyone who could handle that. A friend of mine was at a party a year ago and was smoking a crappy blacknmild or w/e those gas station craps are called... i took that and inhaled... it was actually pretty smooth. I roll my own cigarettes... amsterdam shag + rizla spiced wraps... they are pretty strong, you get THICK smoke out of them, ive shared them before at school and it always makes people either cough uncontrollably or gag... but i cant inhale on any REAL cigar.

Id like to see a video of someone getting down to the sweet spot with a nice ash going and get a lungful of that oh so sweet really thick smoke. I would be impressed.
    Hello and welcome to CigarSmokers. How about starting a thread and introducing yourself to us, let us know what you like to smoke, etc.....

New Orleans but originally from Iowa and hoping to move back north soon.

I feel like an idiot. I've been smoking for a couple years now and this concept still boggles me. How do you draw smoke in without inhaling? I assume I'm not inhaling because I smoke strong cigars and I've never gotten sick from a cigar which is saying something cause I have a terribly weak stomach. I don't get it. I put the cigar to my mouth and suck air in. As far as I know that is inhaling. How do you draw smoke in without inhaling? Just putting it in your mouth isn't going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by AshtonGirl View Post
    I feel like an idiot. I've been smoking for a couple years now and this concept still boggles me. How do you draw smoke in without inhaling? I assume I'm not inhaling because I smoke strong cigars and I've never gotten sick from a cigar which is saying something cause I have a terribly weak stomach. I don't get it. I put the cigar to my mouth and suck air in. As far as I know that is inhaling. How do you draw smoke in without inhaling? Just putting it in your mouth isn't going to do it.
    Inhaling means you take in a second breath of air, drawing the smoke from your mouth into your lungs. That's how people smoke cigarettes and "other" stuff. If you're not taking that second breath, you're doing it right. I've inhaled a couple of times by accident because I used to smoke cigarettes and "other" stuff. It's not a fun experience with a full bodied cigar, but I never felt sick from it. Just felt choked up a bit.

I do my very best to never inhale, but as stated earlier, you cannot avoid a slight amount of smoke creeping in. For whatever it's worth, my Dr. told me years ago that inhaling cigar smoke is about 40 times more injurious than cigarettes. Either way, inhaling that rich heavy smoke has got to take its toll in a big, way sooner or later.
    Last edited by extreme45; 01-22-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: misspelled word
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who did not". Thomas Jefferson

Who would want to inhale? The point of inhaling smoke is either a) as a nicotine delivery system or b) to get blazed. Since neither of these are goals when smoking a cigar, I don't see the point.
    End of line.

9. Default

I do not inhale when smoking for the most part but every once in awhile I will allow some smoke through my nose of into my lungs. It is only enough for a little more sense of the smoke never enough to make me cough. I am a non-cigarette smoker btw.
    Giudo Vido
    Vido's Cigars

Talk about waking the dead. How do you guys find these dead threads?
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Talk about waking the dead. How do you guys find these dead threads?
    It is proof that us noobs use search
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Default Sure do.

Not anything like a cigg but sure, Every Cigar i smoke usually every other puff after the smoke rolls around a bit to get the flavor ill blow it out and then inhale the last bit of smoke never a mouth full but the last bit yea ill inhale dont know why habit i guess but ill do that every cigar.

13. Default

My nasty ass cigarettes I inhale but my stogies I just push a little through my nose from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by redmonster13 View Post
    My nasty ass cigarettes I inhale but my stogies I just push a little through my nose from time to time.
    And now I can start my day, thanks!

Wow- thought I stepped into the Twilight Zone...

Everyone is nice and polite? Get me outta here...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by b.read View Post

yo, shithead, stop bumping this stupid thread (there is that better for you?)
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

That other shithead redmonster started it!!

But yes...that's much better

Blog Entries

Careful what you wish for.

That's the spirit...

Blog Entries

That's the spirit...

I know you're joking, but seriously, it's not the spirit here. We're not all here just to break people's stones, but when it's needed, it happens.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information