Thread: Newb from Canada

1. Default Newb from Canada

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this site. I ahve two questions which, if anyone can answer, would be appreciated.

Question one,
    Does anyone know of all canadian based cigar forum?

Question two,
    Is it permitted to sell my own cigars on this site and how?

Thanks all,
    G

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gorbiprod View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this site. I ahve two questions which, if anyone can answer, would be appreciated.

Question one,
    I don't.
    Question two,
    Eventually. However, if selling is your primary intent, then other venues could work out better for you, e.g., Craigslist, eBay.
    Thanks all,
    G
    You're welcome, and welcome to CigarSmokers from Ottawa!
    Last edited by craig; 04-26-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: typo
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Welcome.

I've never heard of an all-Canadian based/only cigar board.

As craig said, if your primary intention is to come here just to sell your cigars, you're probably going to be run off of this forum in no time.

Thanks for asking first though because darn near everyone who I've ever seen sign up on any cigar board and his or her first post is selling their cigars (excluding retailers) meets with disaster.

In general, the membership of reputable cigar boards like to see a member become involved, build friendships and trust, etc. Once that happens, selling and/or trading cigars is something that some established members engage in.

Or, since no one knows you here, you could offer to send your cigars first which if you think about it, is extremely fair and there is esentially no risk to you whatsoever. If you were to sell your cigars to an established member here with a good reputation, receiving your payment is virtually guaranteed because if he stiffed you, the community would deal with him (or her) swiftly and with no mercy and your loss would probably be covered by the other members here.

Unfortunately, the fly-by-nights who join forums for the sole purpose of selling their cigars can't understand any of these concepts and it gets real ugly, real fast.

So, I guess the choice is yours if you'd like to sell cigars here:

1. Stick around, become active and contribute to the board and post a sale after being here for a few months.

OR

2. Offer your cigars for sale saying "I will ship my end first since I'm new here and no one knows me." With that condition, you certainly won't be run out of here on a rail but you may get a few members asking for some information about you like where you live, how long have you been smoking cigars, etc. You know, the naturally normal things that just about anyone who's the member of any club or organization would like to know about any stranger who just walked in the door.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-26-2009 at 11:34 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

I read this a bit differently. Are they cigars that you commissioned and made? Or do you operate your own online cigar store? Look around a bit in the forums - there is a specific person who you need to be in contact with.......

Either way, my advice is that you get to know us a bit more before peddling your wares. This isn't the type of place where you are going to walk in and immediately start making sales. Kudos to you to ask first.

Where in Canada are you from? What do you like to smoke? How long have you been smoking?

And welcome from northern Louisiana.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Craig

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Nice find. Thanks.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Aren't you all glad you used your valuable time to kindly respond to this douche. Freakin smuck...

Gorbiprod, you're not welcome on the internet ever again! Now turn it off...

Hi everyone,

Question one,

Question two,

Thanks all,
    G
    I don't understand... Did you think there would be a different answer here that at CA? Sorry to break it to you - I can tell you the likely response at every cigar board you go to will be similar.

Sorry to hear you were burned on a box of cigars ($1,200 a box for 25 Cohiba Robusto's is incredible). So - the real value for membership at just about any of these cigar sites will not be you can sell your leftovers - it will be that you can be rest assured the membership will not take advantage of you like the person who sold you that box of CoRo's...

However - I'm going to be a nice guy.... It's not likely you'll get any takers at just about any site. However - If you really want to unload those cigars, you might want to give puff.com a shot - they're likely to eat up what you're selling at whatever price you deem appropriate!

Blog Entries

Actually, $1009/box is the B&M price here for CoRo's in Ontario ($829US). I think he's in Quebec, so I wouldn't be surprised at $1200.

Of that $829US price, the cost of the cigars is $307US. The rest is excise and federal and provincial taxes. Price of (real) CoRo's in Cuba is about $250US-$350US. Beach price is $50US.

In any case, note that he didn't say on CA that the cigars were bought at a local B&M, he just quoted a B&M price. I'm guessing cigars from the beach, myself.
    Craig

Hi everyone,

Question one,

Question two,

Thanks all,
    G
    Check out the link in my signature!
    I have just launched a forum dedicated to Canadian cigar smokers!
    Just Launched! Please visit www.CanadaCigarForum.com

Thread Information