Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: inhale?

Default inhale?

Just wondering who inhales their 'gars. I was at the local B&M, and the guy there said practicly noone inhales. I know its bad but I can't help it

I think you're bound to inadvertently inhale a little smoke here and there but I don't know many people who could smoke a cigar like a cigarette. Think I'd get sick as a dog if I tried to. Just my two cents.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd be doing some toliet worship if I inhaled a full cigar. I do have a friend who inhales it like a cig, but he's a former pack a day guy who only smokes a couple cigars a year.

Twice by mistake...Couldn't smoke for days.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

NEVER! Unless I am holding it in my mouth and forget and inhale. But then it is usually a super quick cough and deep breath of fresh air....

You always end up in haling a TINY bit just from regular breathing and the smokey air...but not from inhaling directly. That is a death wish...

I make a point of never inhaling. That's just not a good experience at all.

I made the mistake of inhaling once. I coughed up a lung for a half hour. I could not smoke for a few days afterwards.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

8. Default

I doubt I could inhale an entire ultra-light cigarette, muchless a full cigar...

Blog Entries

O.K., I'll admit to inhaling a couple of times on each third of a cigar, perhaps 3-5 small inhalations per smoke. I think it enhances my ability to taste the smoke. I don't inhale the full draw, and like I said, not on every draw.

I take a draw, let the smoke settle in my mouth, let some waft out and around my nose, then inhale a tiny bit and blow it out through my nose........on the other draws, I do it all the same, just omit the inhale. Just the way I do it, and I'm not recommending it for anyone else.

After quitting cigarettes it was hard not to inhale. And I could, because I was already used to inhaling. I finally learned not to inhale through my mouth but did allow the smoke to drift into my nose where I again inhaled some of it. After a few years and many boxes of Henry Clays, my sinus's were suffering. Now I make every attempt to not inhale and feel all the better for it.

I would never smoke a cigar like a cigarette, however:
    I hold the smoke in my mouth, and breathe through my nose at the same time, this causes some smoke to go down the tubes. I also let smoke trickle up into my noae and inhale a little that way.
    In both cases I think that it allows me to get a greater sense of the flavour of the cigar.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

I gently sniff the smoke as it rolls out of my mouth after the draw, but that's it. Cigarrette smokers generally inhale when trying a cigar. Smoking without inhaling is an alien concept to them.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    I gently sniff the smoke as it rolls out of my mouth after the draw, but that's it. Cigarrette smokers generally inhale when trying a cigar. Smoking without inhaling is an alien concept to them.
    So do ex-cigarrette smokers I guess.......I'm one of them.

Blog Entries

somewhere here I saw a link to a youtube vid of some guy smoking a MAXX Freak like a cigarette

made me sick just watching

I also will inhale a bit through the nose, but every now and then I'll accidentally start to inhale a full draw... you get that instant lock-up of the lungs, and power-exhale, usually followed by 5 minutes of coughing.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

i've inhaled two or three puffs of a really strong cigar (el rey de mundo- non cuban!) and got really sick. so in i decided i won't inhale
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    O.K., I'll admit to inhaling a couple of times on each third of a cigar, perhaps 3-5 small inhalations per smoke. I think it enhances my ability to taste the smoke. I don't inhale the full draw, and like I said, not on every draw.

I take a draw, let the smoke settle in my mouth, let some waft out and around my nose, then inhale a tiny bit and blow it out through my nose........on the other draws, I do it all the same, just omit the inhale. Just the way I do it, and I'm not recommending it for anyone else.
    This is what I mean by inhaling, I would never smoke a classy cigar like a trashy cigarette!

God, everytime I see this thread, it makes my lungs hurt.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

I will usually inhale a quarter of the first 2 or 3 draws. I find this helps me focus in on the taste and also the enjoyment of the experience. I also like to get 3 to 4 really big draws off to make alot of smoke linger in the air around me…This helps with taking in the bouquet of the stick. I will also exhale a few draws out of my nose…I know inhaling a cigar is supposed to be bad but for me it’s just part of the experience and the enjoyment of it.

19. Default JHayes

Try drawing less from the diaphragm and more from the mouth. YOu may
    find you enjoy your cigars more by letting the smoke roll around your mouth instead
    of your lungs (no taste buds there). Cigar smokers generally inhale very little if any
    smoke.

I simply can't inhale smoke anymore. About a year ago I tried a cigarrette out of nostalgia and had a coughing fit as soon as I tried to inhale. The smoke also tasted terrible in comparison to what I remembered. I stubbed it, and never had the urge again.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Thread Information