Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So how is everyone today?

Default So how is everyone today?

Well I wake up today to find out we got about 2in. of snow over night. Good no problem. I get up go about getting ready for work. Bout to leave when my mom comes home from work early. Tells me the roads are really bad, accident on the turnpike so traffic is backed up and down to one lane, a few accidents in Pittsburgh so that means the streets there are kinda bad too. So I say piss on goin to work today. I really dont feel like driving 1hr & 30min+ in this weather today especially when its only supposed to get worse and I have to drive back in it at 9pm. So I called off, sittin in my room here nice and warm. I think Im about to go watch a movie and have a cigar while Im at it.

So how are you today?

Enjoy your day off.

I am fighting back an on coming cold. My throat became soar yesterday and isn't any better today. I took some thera-flu last night and was asleep by 10pm. Then woke up at 11:30pm wide awake. So I got up and watched Logan's Run and finally fell back asleep around 4:00am. Then got a wake up call at 7:00am to inform me of my interview. Been up since. Not feeling too hot. I just went to WalMart and got some medicine and rented The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford. Gonna lay down and rest. Wish I could light up a smoke.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

I have today off it Lincolns Birthday..smiles. It pretty cold outside so I am cleaning the up stairs and hanging around the PC today. I say it is a good day!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Well I wake up today to find out we got about 2in. of snow over night. Good no problem. I get up go about getting ready for work. Bout to leave when my mom comes home from work early. Tells me the roads are really bad, accident on the turnpike so traffic is backed up and down to one lane, a few accidents in Pittsburgh so that means the streets there are kinda bad too. So I say piss on goin to work today. I really dont feel like driving 1hr & 30min+ in this weather today especially when its only supposed to get worse and I have to drive back in it at 9pm. So I called off, sittin in my room here nice and warm. I think Im about to go watch a movie and have a cigar while Im at it.

So how are you today?
    You've got my sympathy. I wouldn't have a clue what to do in weather like that. I would freakin lose my mind having to stay inside all the time.

Blog Entries

another day at the office, I did get to chat with a nice lady here, always brightens up the day

actually, it's been quite warm here for the season, highs around 70*, makes for pleasant smoking when I get off work
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Enjoy your day off.

I am fighting back an on coming cold. My throat became soar yesterday and isn't any better today. I took some there-flu last night and was asleep by 10pm. Then woke up at 11:30pm wide awake. So I got up and watched Logan's Run and finally fell back asleep around 4:00am. Then got a wake up call at 7:00am to inform me of my interview. Been up since. Not feeling too hot. I just went to WalMart and got some medicine and rented The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford. Gonna lay down and rest. Wish I could light up a smoke.
    That cold came around here in Dec. I was lucky enough to get it on Christmas vacation. Everyone's different but that cold sucks the life out of you. It's 3 days in bed if you do not get the coughing part. Blocked ears also comes within 5 days. It takes about 3 weeks for this one to leave you but you will be feeling a lot better in a week. I am sorry, your young and strong I am sure you will do better then the people I hang out with....

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

to make it endure

I'm sitting in my cubical putzing around online. When something happens at my job things get pretty crazy, but then there are the slow times too, just waiting for something to happen. Plus its like a monsoon outside right now.

spiffy

Im enjoying it, although I would rather be at work since I really like my job and I dont get paid sittin at home. O well guess you need a day like this everyonce in a while.

Enjoy your day off.

I am fighting back an on coming cold. My throat became soar yesterday and isn't any better today. I took some thera-flu last night and was asleep by 10pm. Then woke up at 11:30pm wide awake. So I got up and watched Logan's Run and finally fell back asleep around 4:00am. Then got a wake up call at 7:00am to inform me of my interview. Been up since. Not feeling too hot. I just went to WalMart and got some medicine and rented The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford. Gonna lay down and rest. Wish I could light up a smoke.
    Sorry you're not feeling well - dude Zicam. It's a homeopathic remedy that you can find at any larger Px chain or grocery store. Some people say BS, but I take it exactly like the label says and it works.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Sorry you're not feeling well - dude Zicam. It's a homeopathic remedy that you can find at any larger Px chain or grocery store. Some people say BS, but I take it exactly like the label says and it works.
    Ya, my girlfriend was telling me about that stuff yesterday. If I'm not feeling better by tomorrow then I'll go back and pick some up.

Thanks.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

I have used zicam, and it does seem to shorten the duration of a cold noticably. it works in the nasal membranes where most of the germ reproduction occurs.

Hope you feel better

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Ya, my girlfriend was telling me about that stuff yesterday. If I'm not feeling better by tomorrow then I'll go back and pick some up.

Thanks.
    Not tryin' to be pushy - but one of the directions is something like, " . . . at first sign of cold". So, the sooner the better. And, there's no substitution for lots of rest and fluids.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

It always seems to happen just when you get a new job you get sick..or there something real important you need to do at work and you get sick.

to make it endure

Oh you may want to try some Honey, Lemon, and Whiskey for your throat. Always works great for me.

Blog Entries

Me personally, I've enjoyed my last 2 weeks off and I'll enjoy the next two weeks off before I head back to work. No, to head out for my run...

I'm procrastinating today. I can't seem to stay focused on anything for long.

I am having an amazing day. I had to skip a class this morning so I could be around for the Rush pre-sale.

Didn't expect too much. I heard a lot of bad stories about pre-sales.

Ended up getting a pair for me and a buddy on the floor, row 4. Very excited. Especially since I bought them for face value, and was prepared to spend quite a bit of coin for tickets if I didn't have any luck on the pre-sale.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Blog Entries

Sweet!

I have seen Rush probably 8 times, mostly early 90's, but they have always put on an amazing show.

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

I've been in meetings off and on all day today.......non-productive, beauracratic (sp?), mind-numbing drivel. Now I'm back in my office, processing the results of the non-productive meetings... i.e., putzing around on the internet.

...working with videographers all day on a "humorous" Valentine's Day video. I have to go to the grocery store later to purchase ingredients for a special Valentine's Day meal for the girlfriend.

Yay. No time for cigars today.

Thread Information