Hi Everyone!

I've been feeling the pain of having fewer and fewer places to have a cigar, even in Michigan (we don't have a formal smoking ban yet).

Recently I've walked into places that I've had cigars before, sat down, threw a ziplock bag of cigars on the table, and waited for my friends to arrive, only to be confronted by a waitress saying "oh ... we don't allow cigars anymore."

Anyway, in addition to being a cigar lover, I'm a software engineer. I realized that if you go to a site like Google Maps, and type in "cigar lounge" you're only going to get a small sample of the cigar-friendly locations that may be around you (just because of the way the search engine works).

So I decided to create an interactive map that allows you to add cigar-friendly places that you know of, and that displays cigar-friendly restaurants, bars, lounges, etc. I'm hoping that I can help everyone spend more time enjoying cigars, and less time having the "does that place still allow cigars?" discussion with their friends.

If you've got a favorite cigar spot, you can add it to the map so others can enjoy it, check it out here: http://www.cigarplaces.com.

Let me know if you have any feedback, or if you think there's any other functionality you think I should add.