Thread: Shippin Cigars

1. Default Shippin Cigars

How do you guys ship your cigars? Not so much how you pack them, but which service do you use (ups, usps, fedex)? And what do you fill out on the slip? (when they ask whats inside and what its worth mainly). Last time I shipped I made the mistake of bringing the cigars into UPS because I didnt have a box. I bought the box and packed them there. Since its tobacco the guy had to charge me extra because it needed a signature at the other end. Ended up costing me about $25 or so to ship 5 cigars.

USPS Priority with delivery confirmation. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    USPS Priority with delivery confirmation. Always.
    Ditto.

Blog Entries

Fedex for me, a dollar cheaper, a day faster, and free tracking, not just confirmation.

Mostly because my company ships about 200 packages a day, so... no trip to post office
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

USPS priority mail here as well. I do everything online so the DC is free. Plus they pick it up at my house the next day.

The only time I am "supposed" to list the contents is on a customs form when I am shipping to the great white north (and elsewhere), and then I just put "Hobby Supplies" with a low $ value so they don't get taxed...I mean that's what I would do if I ever shipped cigars across the border...which I don't...haven't...won't...

spiffy

UPS for me. Never a problem. As for additional $ for signing - cause tobacco.....I dont understand why??? I ship all mail order cigars from my store via UPS and not once charged extra for signature. I would contest the charge.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by islcigar View Post
    UPS for me. Never a problem. As for additional $ for signing - cause tobacco.....I dont understand why??? I ship all mail order cigars from my store via UPS and not once charged extra for signature. I would contest the charge.
    Im not sure if the extra charge was for the signature. Or because it was tobacco product. Ill just change the package description to something else.

Thread Information