Thread: I Am Legend

Blog Entries

Default I Am Legend

Watched this tonight whilst enjoying few beers, and a nice Hemingway Classic, but I didn't get drunk enough to post it in the "Just read the Link" thread

This was actually a very good movie, in my opinion. Decent story, that wasn't totally overshadowed by action effects. Will Smith gives his typical top notch performance. It did seem a bit predictable at a few points, but kept me pretty much entertained throughout. even to the point of pausing the movie to use the restroom. I watched this at high volume, and there are a few scenes that nearly made me jump outta my skin
    not so much scary, but unexpected.

Definately worth adding to any movie fan's collection!

~Dennis~
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I thought it was fairly "meh". Will Smith played, as always, Will Smith. He plays the same damn character in every single movie. The suspense was enjoyable throughout the whole movie, both in action scenes and "waiting for the action" scenes. However, as you said, I found it to be extremely predictable, and I found the (you know who) to be way over-the-top and extremely unbelievable. In some scenes they're clueless and weak, and in other scenes they're superhuman.

I found it was just ok as well. I was expecting more depth in the doomsday area, being set in 2012 and all. Just sort of a journey type movie like Children of Men. Nothing that really stimulated the mind. I'd imagine it would be a good movie to do a drunken review though. Anyone notice the billboard in one of the street scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by victory01 View Post
    I found it was just ok as well. I was expecting more depth in the doomsday area, being set in 2012 and all. Just sort of a journey type movie like Children of Men. Nothing that really stimulated the mind. I'd imagine it would be a good movie to do a drunken review though. Anyone notice the billboard in one of the street scenes?
    Children of Men is 10x better than I Am Legend IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    Children of Men is 10x better than I Am Legend IMO.
    I agree Children of Men was a better movie. It had a lot more suspense and had me running behind the chase. But I just felt it had an unsatisfying ending like I am Legend and left me with nothing after the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by victory01 View Post
    Anyone notice the billboard in one of the street scenes?
    Yeah, wasn't it like a Batman & Superman movie?
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I have IAL on my netflix queue, but I have over 80 movies in queue but it may be a while.

I saw Children of Men. I understand why you could be frustrated by the ending, but I'm slowly coming to realize that just as there are no neat, happy endings in life, why shouldn't movies reflect life? So I am starting to get infrequently bored by nice, tidy, wrapped-up-in-a-bow endings, and get some satisfaction with open-ended endings.

Spoiler alert for Children of Men ending

As for Children of Men, I think one could extrapolate that the ship came to pick up the pregnant girl, thus they managed to figure out why she could get pregnant, and the human race is saved. Or not.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information