Thread: new to forum

1. Default new to forum

Hello all

I am new to the forum, fairly new to cigar smoking. About 6 months ago I found the wonderful world of online cigar stores and forums. Since then I have been acquiring a collection I am proud of and sucking up as much knowledge as I can.

Here's some pics of my collection:

Welcome from Hilton Head Island,SC. For one new to cigars, you have educated yourself well. Congrats on your choices, you have some very nice cigars. The Padilla Miami, Ashton VSG Bel, Aurora Perfecto and Graycliff Proff. are great choices!

Welcome to the board. It's obvious you're a Gurkha fan. Keep those Macanoodles around for when non-cigar smokers need something and you don't want to waste a quality smoke on them.

Also, before your next shipment of cigars, you may want to invest in a cooler rather than another desktop humi.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Welcome from MS. I also endorse the cooler.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

Welcome from San Antonio TX! Macanodoo's are for mochers...

However, there are nice cigars in there. Some that are currently in my humi also.

Welcome from Maryland
    If I can't smoke because smoking will kill me then life isn't worth living.

-Ian Fleming

Another welcome from SC. Nice selection.

Yup, I'm all about coolers too... And nice collection! I love the Padilla's!! Welcome from Calgary Canada.

Roham
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Welcome from PA. Nice stash. I'm envious.
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    -Winston Churchill

10. Default

hey all
    i have a question for you guys... i had a wooden handle on my humidor tray break off it looks like i might be able to repair it. what kind of glue is used in a humidor so that it wont go into air vapor or create fumes?

thanks

I like aquarium silicone, but make sure after using it you let it sit a couple days to "de-fume" and you'll be golden. Though if it's wood you're dealing with, then all natural, non-toxic elmers wood glue should work, again, just let it air out a few days.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Welcome
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Welcome from Tejas! Looks like you are off to a good start. +1 to the cooler idea, you'll need it.

I love me some OSG's

spiffy

Blog Entries

Welcome from Kansas.

Welcome to DC
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

welcome from DC, looks like you found C-Bid.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Welcome from IL. +2 for the cooler; I have two coolers and two humis. And remember to enjoy this hobby!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

jhola

Thread Information