....actually made me sick to my stomach.

A family man comes home after receiving a promotion at work to be with his wife and kids on his birthday. The front door of his ultra-protected home is unlocked, all the light bulbs are gone, the fridge is full of beer, the furniture is rearranged, and his family is nowhere to be found. After fully searching the house, he realizes his bag has been moved, and a video tape has been placed for him to watch.

I guess here is where I am to put a spoiler alert, but honestly, unless you are just looking for discomfort, you won't watch this movie.

Alexandra has made a video tape for her husband. It at first seems innocent enough, as her and the kids appear on the tape, and after the kids are sent away, she does a striptease for him. Now that she has his attention, she begins on a tirade of how unhappy she is in the marriage, accuses him of adultery and treating her as a sex object, and threatens him with a firearm. She then proceeds to tell him that she has cancer, and that she will lose both of her breasts. Then she tells him that she was lying, that she doesn't have cancer after all. Then she tells him that she wants to leave him, and at this point, a mysterious hand appears on the picture, a hand that is groping his now-naked wife. Shocked and upset, his family still is nowhere to be found, and he learns that the locks on his house have been changed, so he can't even leave. Assuming the only way through this is to continue watching the movie, he learns that his wife has been working out of the house as a whore, and has been saving up that money to leave him with. She then tells him that she has gone to great lengths to remove every photograph of their children from his lives, and will never see him again. To cut the end short, he does get out, but goes to jail for trespassing, and when he gets home, he only has a small snippet of videotape left of his children and wife.

This is an independent film distributed by FilmMovement, a subscription-based company. Before this movie, we were actually thinking of joining this and dropping NetFlix. I don't know anymore. I'm all for supporting the small guy, but I fell asleep thinking about this, and it was the first thought on my mind.

Especially because I am about to get married, it just has really hit home for me. I don't think my wife would ever do anything like this, but it shook me up pretty good.

I think tonight I'll watch Dumbo.