Thread: Shit! My Xikar broke.....

Default Shit! My Xikar broke.....

It fell off the desk, hit the floor and, fell apart! WTF, seriously. I thought it was tougher than this. It fell about 3ft or less and barely hit the floor. The floor is concrete but its made of metal and I dont think it should of broke with just that. Damn blades came out, spring came out. Ill be calling xikar this weekend to get it fixed.

Im also gona be ordering a Palio as well tonight! Ive been wanting to try one of these for a while, and figure its a good time to now. Ill use the xikar as a backup or something once its replaced.
    Yay! Cigars!

Xikar should be able to replace/fix your cutter. You registered your cutter online right? Don't worry too much about it. Heard so much good things about the Palio cutters. Keep us updated if you decided to get one.

Andrew

Didnt know about registering online, guess Ill do that tonight.
    Yay! Cigars!

Yup, broke mine last week. Took it out of my jacket and tossed it to a carpeted floor. It blew up. I'll be sending mine back next week. Usually takes about a week to get it back.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

yup. i agree. and i just wanted a post.

love my xikar. but palio does give you a cleaner cut, IMHO...
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Heard of few problems with Xikar, and they always take care of the customer as far as I've heard. Had my all metal Xikar since 00 or 01 and it works great. Never sharpened, only cleaned and oiled a handfull of times. Did tighten down the screws once though. And it's seen plenty of use. It's scratched and dinged all to hell. Finish is wearing off a little too. Opened a few beer bottles even, but that will really gouge it.

You don't even have to register it. Just send it in to them and they will send you a new one in a week. No questions asked. They are AWESOME about CS....

If you are looking for a backup try this cutter out.

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/78

It's every bit as sharp as a Xikar and can be found for less than $10 here. I bought a couple and haven't used my Xikar since.

Might buy one of those for the car. But Im dead set on a Palio, as I have really wanted to try one out for the longest time. Plus Ill have my xikar once it gets returned to me.

Thanks everyone for your input.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Might buy one of those for the car. But Im dead set on a Palio, as I have really wanted to try one out for the longest time. Plus Ill have my xikar once it gets returned to me.

Thanks everyone for your input.
    It's great for the car since it holds the cut cap until you open the blades again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    It's great for the car since it holds the cut cap until you open the blades again.

My floorboards do that just fine

I've been curious about these, since I started using the "Table-top-cigar-cutting-method".
    Normally, I just buy a couple $3.00 double cutters at a time, when they quit giving a clean cut, they disapear
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

I just use my pocketknife. I keep it very sharp, and always have it on me, whereas I may not always have my cutter on me. I'm with BWH, I just go cheap-o. I've am too much of a klutz to keep something like that nice. It takes a bit longer to cut, but on a cigar with such a flat cap, like a Padron, it's nice to be able to customize and modify my cut.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Got my palio in over the weekend. Wow what a nice cutter. Most definetly on par with the Xikar. I went for the burl wood version and it looks awesome.
    Yay! Cigars!

Xikar has a lifetime warranty on all of their cutters. I've replaced two thus far - both times in about a week with no hassle whatsoever.

If you sign up on line they send you a leather case for your cutter - a nice addition, I must say!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    It fell off the desk, hit the floor and, fell apart! WTF, seriously. I thought it was tougher than this. It fell about 3ft or less and barely hit the floor. The floor is concrete but its made of metal and I dont think it should of broke with just that. Damn blades came out, spring came out. Ill be calling xikar this weekend to get it fixed.

Im also gona be ordering a Palio as well tonight! Ive been wanting to try one of these for a while, and figure its a good time to now. Ill use the xikar as a backup or something once its replaced.

I have an extra Xikar hangin around the house...Your welcome to it if you would like it.

Thanks Maduro Man, but I already sent my in for a replacement.

I appreciate the offer none the less.
    Yay! Cigars!

Thread Information