Thread: Humidification - Travel Humidor

1. Default Humidification - Travel Humidor

Hey All,

I just purchased a 15 count traveldor: http://www.xikar.com/product_humidor_travel.asp# .

I was wondering if the built-in humidification would be sufficient for week long trips. Or should I put beads in there? I was thinking about getting this: http://heartfeltindustries.com/prodd...d=HT%5F05%5F65 Or is this overkill?

Can't decide. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Looks similar to an Otter Box Cigar Caddy. I don't think you need to worry about any added moisture. They seal tight as hell, and a few drops in the unit could be over kill.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

I use mine all the time for hunting trips, no added humidification required for at least a week.

I have toyed with using a Drymistat tube with some beads, but I've never seen the need.

BTW.. these things are absolutely indestructable, Mine has been flung off a fast moving ATV and run over by another.. couple scratches outside, pristine smokes inside
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

for a week, unless you're going to a desert (i.e. Vegas), you should be ok. Personally, I use water pillows.

Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

5. Default

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Holy ahit long time no see ya! How have you been?
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    for a week, unless you're going to a desert (i.e. Vegas), you should be ok. Personally, I use water pillows.

Same here. Cheap and they work great.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Brian - Brother I hope you are doing well.

I would use a Boveda or two. These things are flawless and simple. Way easier than beads or anything else. When they dry just toss them in the cooler and in a week or two they are good as new.

9. Default

I have the same thing by X-treme and it maintains humidity for at least a week. I took out the foam inserts and put in some cedar scraps so the stogies would think they're in a real humi. Honestly, I don't know why I even bother with a wood humi and beads; I should just get a larger X-treme or whatever (they all look and work the same). They're low maintainence.

Occasionally, I put a few drops of 50/50 solution in, but mostly I just squirt some distilled water on the foam. You could always bring a small container of distilled water if you think you'll need it. If you only use 50/50, eventually it won't work.

Ive got a Puck 50 from cigarmony in my otter box. Works great! Hardly ever have to recharge the beads in it.
    Yay! Cigars!

Thread Information