Thread: Gurkha Royal Brigade

Blog Entries

Default Gurkha Royal Brigade

Vitola : Perfecto 6 x 60
    Wrapper: Cameroon
    Filler: Dom. republic ligeros from the Cibao Valley

I had this cigar yesterday evening while watching the thunderstorms build and the lightning flash on the horizon. This is the 6th or 7th example of this stick that I have had, and it has been sitting in my humidor for almost 2 years, so I figured it was time for it to be sacrificed.

As with most gurkha perfectos, in my experience, the light was effortless, but the burn took about 1/3 of the smoke to catch up and even out. The smoke was ample, creamy, but the flavor was pretty un-remarkable to me and not very interesting.

The blend of tobaccos in this cigar is claimed to be identical to the centurian line, with the only difference being the wrapper ,which is the same cameroon as used on the Nepalese Warrior.

Perhaps the age of this cigar contributed to its current, oh, I don't know, "blandness", as I remember, and have in my notes, that this was a spicy little number. It certainly is not that now, and was frankly a little boring. I pitched it with about 2" left, when I ran out of beer.

For me, this smoke is better smoked early than it is aged. It certainly is not a "dog-rocket", but I won't be buying them again.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the review, Bro. I think I'm staying away from Gurkha perfectos for a while.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Gurkha Gurkha Gurkha....

Very few of their items on my radar anymore, There are a few, such as the Black Dragon, and the Legend Shaggy that I'll consider purchasing one or two of, but most fall short compared to other cigars in the same price range. Pepin, Litto, Camacho to name a few.

Thanks for the review, my friend!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Thanks for the review!!!

BWA - I think the black dragon is the only Gurkha I've actually really liked.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Gurkha Gurkha Gurkha....

Very few of their items on my radar anymore, There are a few, such as the Black Dragon, and the Legend Shaggy that I'll consider purchasing one or two of, but most fall short compared to other cigars in the same price range. Pepin, Litto, Camacho to name a few.

Thanks for the review, my friend!
    Yep, I only make an effort to keep the G3's around.....that's a pretty good smoke imho, and you can find them on cbid pretty cheap.

Blog Entries

I've only smoked a few Gurkha's and I haven't had anything that has made me want to try different Gurkha's. Plus, most of the reviews I've seen on here haven't been good, so I will spend my money trying some other smokes.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Nice review Jamie. From the Gurkha's that I've smoked, I'm not much of a fan of the brand. But I'll try a few more before banning them from my cooler.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Nice review. I don't think I have smoked a ghurka anything. It is interesting that cigar lost quality rather than gained quality. I guess some age better than others. Thanks for the review.
    Just another day at the office!

Thread Information